Where are you with your games?

Started by Squinky, Tue 02/09/2003 21:12:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Timosity

Current Mystery project: (some of you may know it)

Current status:

Total sprites: 2467 (I'm glad you can flip sprites in the views or there would be many more)
Total views: 162 (that's using all the loops where possible)
GUI buttons: 124 (mmm there is only 150 available)
Inventory items: 36
characters: 46
Rooms: 80

I've been constantly working on it since February, and I'm probably more keen working on it now than ever. It's probably just over half way complete (including wlk-bhinds, scriting, animations, well everything possible up to this point), I'm really enjoying it.

I'm almost ready to do a mid game Beta-Test to weed out any bugs, so stay tuned.

Eggie

Cornjob: I think he's talking about his Toonstruck ripoff game.  :P

my project is just a mess at the moment. it's currently on hold. got interested in another. it's usual to get sidetracked sometimes.

I will finish it. but not now...
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

Quintaros

I'm spending almost every spare moment I have working on it.  I'm currently working in a city 8hrs from where I consider home, so I don't have any life here and can dedicate myself to my game.  I work from the time I get home to the time I got to bed (about 5PM-midnight), everyday.  I'm lucky in that I have a project that I'm committed to.  I have no worries about losing interest to start another game b/c I love the one I'm working on.

Because my game is based on a television show, all of my production design is finished and I have good reference material for all of my rooms.  Even still I've only finished about 5% of the rooms I plan on making.  My player character walks left and right but he still glides forward and backward as I haven't finished his front and rear walk cycles.  Script is about 0.01% done.  I still haven't learned much of the programming side of AGS and all I've done is make a few animations work.  Story is maybe 30% done.  I know the beginning, middle and end but need more connecting incidents.  Puzzles are about 2%, which is to say I've been giving them some thought.  Music: 0%, I'll be lifting it from the series which means it'll be well written but I haven't yet figured out how to copy sound.

Snake

The Legend of Leitor's Edge:
Shit might not get done all the time, but something that is, is thoughts. I'm always thinking about Leitor's Edge whether it's puzzles or the storyline.

Rincewind and I have been working quite hard on breaking down the storyline and we are getting closer and closer every time we share the List. Unfortunately Squinky has been unable to participate in the project as of yet except for a few ideas. Vel is doing a great job with character developement and anything related to that. And lastly, the team might be gaining a new member soon.

--Edit--
Poobungies, I forgot to mention how I felt about it...
I'm very excited about this game. It's actually the farthest I've been with the planning part in any of the projects (besides the forgotton game MoNKeY WReNCH). I'm suprised how long I've stuck with it and I plan on sticking with it. I've got a good feeling about it and hopefully the rest of you fools with enjoy it when it is released in 2013.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Andail

Timosity, that's one darn big project you've got going there!

As for myself, I've been working like a stupid dog the past few months, but I seem to do little progress...I just add script lines and sprites, but the progress of the very game-play is incredibly slow

I aim at releasing it in December, which could actually work if I keep up the high pace for yet some months, and if the beta-testing will run smoothly and so

Gilbert

Well it certainly is an annoying experience for me to play 2 games in a series without being able to play the one in between them.

So Andail: Finish TW2 quick!

Timosity

Quote from: Andail on Thu 04/09/2003 08:06:23
Timosity, that's one darn big project you've got going there!

It is rather large, (much larger than it seemed from the start) but I can't take full credit, even though I've done all the work in the project...... but to explain would give it away, it will soon be revealed to those that don't know what I'm talking about.

Hobbes

I'm currently in that exciting phase where you freshly begin a project. I'm streaming all my thoughts down on paper right now about Buccaneer II. I've imported some sprites from Buccaneer (the Richard sprite, and a few others, so, yeah, there's cameos).

I'm about 40% done with the plotline, I would say. After that, it gets fun when I begin to draw + script the whole thing. I've done one background so far, with plenty more to follow. Can't really give estimates yet, as the ideas are added and scrapped at a rapid pace. :)

Depths of Clearbay is on hold, as Buccaneer II is now taking up all my attention. Same goes for The Strange Day.

TerranRich

Well, I figure I'd come out of my hole for this thread while I'm here.

I'm almost done with my playable demo for By the Sword. It will basically be the first of the game's six chapters, fully playable. It's basically a game in itself, but it's also a portion of the "big picture" as it were.

I'd say I'm about 90-95% done with it, so STAY TUNED!!!

As for the entire game, about 15% :P But don't worry, work is going faster and faster on it, and it WILL be out sometime in 2004. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk