UK suicide attack 'inevitable'

Started by n00bie, Wed 03/09/2003 16:38:13

Previous topic - Next topic

n00bie

http://g.msn.co.uk/UK5/37515.12?http://www.msn.co.uk/news&&HL=UK%20suicide%20attack%20'inevitable'&CP=65001&CE=l54

Tony Blair and London's Police Chief believe a suicide attack in the UK is inevitable, and Britain is on it's highest ever state of alert.
Two hundred and seventy four characters remain

BOYD1981

there's been loads of alerts like this over the last few months, it's just scare mongering in an attempt to divert attention away from this stupid hutton enquiry thing...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Shattered Sponge

They also want to maintain a 'state of emergency' so that they don't have to adhere to the European Human Rights Act.

m0ds

There's been loads of alerts ever since 9/11. In fact, air-bases all around the UK have remained on "blue alert" (I think it is) which is one above "no alert" ever since, and not come back down.

So yeah, it is inevitable. But sadly, I don't give a fuck. It's like waiting to be hit by a meteorite. I gurantee it'll be a "CLUB IN LOND0RN!!1 CIVILIANS GOT BLOWN AWAY!!1" ... You can't help it. Think about the poor people in... well, I forget where. But every day in the paper there's been a bus bomb.

Surely that's incentive to think about getting about some other way. Here, we have very feww terrorist attacks, so we don't need to worry about it.

In fact, I'd prefer it if there was a bloody suicide bomb. At least all this bullshit "IT COULD BE TOMORROW!" talk would be over.

Sorry if I sounded like people should die, they shouldn't, but the media should go back to finding some real news some time.

EDIT: If you visit the BBC news site, there isn't a single thing about this alledged possibility of a suicide attack in Britain. I wonder if the MSN NEWS CRU get their info from the wayback-machine.

m0ds

Pumaman

Exactly. There may well be an attack at some point, but we can either just ignore it and get on with our lives, or we can all sit at home like hermits to avoid any possible risk. And if we do that, the terrorists win.

But let's put things in perspective - 3500 people die in the UK in road accidents every year, the same number die of starvation in Africa every day... as tragic as a terrorist attack would be, in the grand scheme of things it wouldn't make all that much difference.

PeaceMan

If terrorist attacks were not covered by the media they would be beaten because all they are doing is attention seeking. Just like a little kid. If they have no media attention they have no reason to kill people or destroy buildings because no-one is watching.

Vel

I agree with Mark and Chris. Here, in Bulgaria, was also under panic during the war in Serbia, but I just did not care. Hell, what is the difference whether a bomb will blow me up in a restaurant or at home?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk