And what should be done with all my originally boxed adventure games?

Started by Toefur, Thu 04/09/2003 08:20:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Toefur

That was an awfully long title. Still, the point remains; and that is the point as was pointedly pointed out in the subject.

Currently I have them all stashed away in my wardrobe, out of sight.

And yet... I still keep buying more. (Especially since a shop that deals only in second hand games just opened up in town).

I don't know why I do it, really.

I recently bought original versions, still boxed of - Quest for Glory Anthology, Space Quest 6, Heart of China, Full Throttle, Discworld Noir,  & Eco Quest 1.

Along with all the others I already own... all I did was shove them straight into my wardrobe.

What do I do with these? Sell them? Decorate my room with them?

I just find these to be uh... fun to collect... I 'spose... anyone else do the same?  :D

remixor

Well, you could always donate them to me.  I'd be perfectly willing to accept the burden--honest.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Toefur

Well, what would you do with them?  :D Because shoving them away in some cupboard or drawer isn't acceptable, ya know.

(And Im just curious... I dont know I could actually part with them, teehee).

remixor

To be honest with you, I'd probably just keep them stashed away as well.  I don't own many original copies of games.  I have a whole ton of original CDs, but most of my boxes and manuals have been lost.  As it stands I think all I have is original boxes of the first two BS games.  I also have a lot of white-label rereleases since I didn't play many games after Grim Fandango came out, so I've had to do some catching up.

Basically, most computer games don't carry much emotional weight for me, but adventure games just seem more IMPORTANT somehow, since they're actual stories with characters, so I like owning the original copies.  Kind of like owning a hard-bound book or something like that.  I know how it would be hard to part with them though; I'm the same way. :)  So I have no practical suggestions about what you should do with yours (but my offer still stands).
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Las Naranjas

There are picture rails on the walls in the older part of my house. They serve really well to store boxes where they don't get in the way, yet are on display.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

AGA

I have about 100+ boxed PC games, most of them adventures.  I keep them in two big cardboard boxes, stacked 2-high, 2-up, about 10-across. It's easy enough to find the games I'm looking for.

Nellie

I keep the boxes for my adventure games piled on top of my wardrobe.  I'd like to say I keep them because I value them so much (and that certainly is part of the reason), but actually my main concern is that games with original boxes go for a lot more money on Ebay.

I'm such a stinkin' mercenary.

Gonzo

I have all my old games in a wardrobe in the house. There's every LucasArts adventure in its original packaging, since Secret Of Monkey Island came out on those ancient 5 and a half inch floppies. Some of the games like that I couldn't even install anymore if I wanted to, no longer having that type of drive (lucky I kept them on my hard disks all this time), but its the nostalgia of having the boxes that makes me not want to part with them.

My mum is pushing to get rid of them all to save space, I don't know how I'll get round it really.

Jam Torkberg

If ever you decide you do want to part with it, I have a sister that may pay top dollar for the Quest for Glory Anthology.

I say may because 1) She may have already found a copy and 2) She is in collage now, and frivolous spending (even that pertaining to adventure games, poor lass) may not be an option.
"Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't
done anything that I want
or, I'm still alive
and there's nothing I want to do."

AGA

I have QfG Anthology, and she can't have it :P

Gonzo: kill your mother, it's the only way... Otherwise put them all in a big box, seal it up and put it in the attic, or shed or whatever...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk