Meet and greet ffs! [including AGS World Map]

Started by , Fri 05/09/2003 22:32:17

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Right, fuck you all! It's time to be non-geeks and its time to meet. And I mean it.

Sitting in the pub today was boring and crap. My friend was at a hacker-metting in London. The people on teen chat meet up and what not.

So bugger all that. Once a month we're all going to meet.

In the UK, i suggest a meet in London and a meet in Birmingham. So go to whichever you want.

In America, all meet up. In Australia, all meet up, Slovenia, all meet up with Erica, etc etc.

I'll see you in London on the date we decide.

m0ds

Evil

Privateer Puddin'

see ya there marrkeh \o/

Pet Terry

Good idea, I once thought that maybe we Finnish AGSers should meet some time... When??? Where???
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Adamski

Right on. Both London and Birmingham are easy to get too.

Minimi

Why can't we arrange a meeting in Holland?? :P ... I'm too young, I mean I have no money to go to london! London is freakin expensive town you know! Let's all go to A'dam!! ;)

though if we are going to meet in london or birmingham, can we then at least stay a couple of days... so it's not like only one day, because thats too fast past by. I will have to grab some money together for this.

Privateer Puddin'

see minimi, the idea is to meet people in your own country, all the uk ppl meet the uk ppl, the us meet the us and so on :)

Matt Goble

I'm always up for a pint in London... except Thursdays as I'm doing a TV Technology course until Christmas!

Matt

Ciro Durán

[Damn double post :-[]

Ciro Durán

Well, I hope you'll still be doing those monthly meeting at London... I'll be there next year on vacation! 8) (I hope, I started saving for the trip) I think there are not a lot of venezuelan AGS users here :(

Las Naranjas

That's practical in a country that you can stroll accross in an hour, but for the Yanks, Canucks and Aussies it's a tad more difficult.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

DGMacphee

No way, Las!

I'm walking over to your house right now!

See you in a week!  ;D
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

TheYak

Hell...  I've gone one within 30 minutes, then 8 hours, 14 hours, 22 hours and it only gets worse from there.  More US AGSers need to live near SF.

Boozed

Right, I'll head down to iowa. I'm sure legume and evil and I can meet in a cornfield somewhere and hold sacrifices to CJ. US agsers would be best meeting others in their own state, or in their own region. That way Sylph is screwed no matter what. And frankly, I don't want no foreignors polluting the midwest.

DS, nice sperm.

Squinky

Anybody live in Idaho? eh?

HappyHobo

Squinky: I live in Utah... *cue banjo* :P

EDIT:Damn typos...

remixor

I live fairly close to Yak and I think that's about it.  Anyone else in Northern California (or the San Diego area)?
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Hobbes

So, all the Dutch AGS'ers ready to go to some place? Rotterdam is handiest for me, actually... don't know where the rest of you live?

m0ds

Hehe :) Yeah that kinda thing.

CJ was saying at Mittens (I think, or I dreamt it) that he was thinking about putting up a "map" so we could all mark off where we're from in the world and that way we can easily find out who's near us.

Still a good idea CJ, do it!

;)
m0ds

magintz

yes i also agree we should meet up for waffles... london would be best for me
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Adamski

Boozd, that's what the lady at the clinic said too!

()

AGA

This is like the least practical idea ever :p
I doubt very much that everybody will be able to get time off work for a start. Secondly, it costs 30-odd quid to get to London and back from further away (like Wales or up North). It also takes ages to get there...

Timosity

Quote from: DGMacphee on Sat 06/09/2003 02:36:38
No way, Las!

I'm walking over to your house right now!

See you in a week!  ;D

Man, you must be able to walk pretty damn fast, I could make it to Las's walking in that time, but driving it's only about 80 mins (my record is 64mins [don't speed kids not a clever idea, can cause discharge of bodily fluids{one's that aren't meant to be discharged})

Pumaman

Quote from: m0ds on Sat 06/09/2003 13:38:27
CJ was saying at Mittens (I think, or I dreamt it) that he was thinking about putting up a "map" so we could all mark off where we're from in the world and that way we can easily find out who's near us.

Still a good idea CJ, do it!

Be careful what you wish for :P

The AGS World Map

Darth Mandarb

CJ - That rocks!!

I would be interested in seeing who else is from my area and possibly meetin' up.  I think it would/could be cool!

cheers,
dm

Timosity

Yes, that map is a great idea, good thinking CJ

Matt Brown

* Some Call Me Panda adds flag

word up

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Can you add some kind of zoom function to the UK on that map? You already can't read three of the names.

Minimi

Quote from: Hobbes on Sat 06/09/2003 08:46:56
So, all the Dutch AGS'ers ready to go to some place? Rotterdam is handiest for me, actually... don't know where the rest of you live?

I live in Eemnes, close to Hilversum, so I don't really care for Rotterdam, though I've been there only once, so I don't know the city so well.

Could all other AGSers reply here, or somewhere else for maybee an AGSmeeting. I really would like to meet you all! For me is Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Hilversum ok. Though idf I have too, I'll be able to travel further, but I hope its going to be in the centre of The Netherlands.

Maybee.... we (dutch ags'ers) could set up some website where we can all meet eachother and talk about meetings, and dutch projects and more. ;)

Pumaman

Quote from: Archangel on Sat 06/09/2003 18:26:02
Can you add some kind of zoom function to the UK on that map? You already can't read three of the names.

Hehe yep I noticed that too. You can now click on the UK to zoom in on it. If there turn out to be a lot of conflicting flags elsewhere, I can add a zoom thingy for them too.

AJA

Wow...  :o
Cool map, CJ! I only wish it'd use the current name instead of the username which was used when we registered. :P

Pumaman

Fixed that now - if it hasn't updated for you, move your flag then move it back again, and it should show the correct name.

Evil

Duha, I think I put my flag in the right spot... Lgm lives a mile from me so I count as Lgm too...

Bruised: I would love to have you come down but I think that was sarcasm and I dont have the ability to get sarcasm...

AJA

Thanks CJ! Sometimes I feel that you'll do anything we ask... :)

Evil

Psst, CJ... Give me the Ags verison 3.0 beta so I can trade with Pettri ;)

FruitTree

see?!
THIS is where the TBC site would really come in handy!  ;D
I'm voting for Utrecht it's the centre of our country and a very lovely town with that!

not sure about what date,
let's talk about it later :)

anyway I wanna know who else are up to this?
N3T? Def? Jet? maybe even Scid? (still wanna meet ya belgian pal! ;))

|Alky|

Like the idea m0ds, but what did you mean by the 'let's stop being dorks' comment? We're not....I'm not...pfft.

Anyway, since all you guys are going to be rolling into London, can somebody tell me where the book depository is? Kthxbye.
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

DinghyDog

Well, I put down my flag, but I mean, I'm only 15, so dude, I'm not going to be meeting up. I thought I'd do it anyway, though.

-DD
It's yer owld pal Dinghy Dog!!

Privateer Puddin'

Ciro Durán

Man... I'm so lonely :( (Watch South America)

Matt Brown

Pumaman, I think we might need some more zoom spaces. The northwest part of america, and the east coast of austrialia are impossible to read
word up

Captain Mostly

I'll be in Derby on Sunday and Monday, then I'm buzzing around a lot, but if anyone ever wants to meet up in Manchester some time (perhaps in a few weeks, perhaps in a few months), I don't need an excuse to go there!!! Birmingham's convenient, but Manchester is the best city in the UK by loads!

Pumaman

QuotePumaman, I think we might need some more zoom spaces. The northwest part of america, and the east coast of austrialia are impossible to read

Hehe yes, I feared this might happen.

Ok, there are now zoom areas for the UK, Finland, West Coast USA and East Coast USA. More can be added if too many flags appear somewhere else.

FruitTree

you english blokes!
I'm going to nicaragua in october and won't be back till december so I can't spend any money now but after december I could come to england (a flight to london costs 10 euros these days  ;D) I'm still pretty sad about missing mittens this year so this could be a nice substitute :P

and to you dutch freaks:
we should set a date  :)

Barcik

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 07/09/2003 16:54:33
QuotePumaman, I think we might need some more zoom spaces. The northwest part of america, and the east coast of austrialia are impossible to read

Hehe yes, I feared this might happen.

Ok, there are now zoom areas for the UK, Finland, West Coast USA and East Coast USA. More can be added if too many flags appear somewhere else.

How about a zoom for Israel? It's too small to place several flags.  :D
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Minimi

LOL!! I'm now living in the middle of the atlantic ocean!!! ;)

MillsJROSS

Maybe it's just that not enough people have put flags up, but I find it funny how Florida has it's own little island of us AGSers. It's good to see that there are other Floridians other than Grundislav and myself, it only means there will be more people to learn the Gloves 2003/4 song.

-MillsJROSS

Gilbert

* Gilbot V7000a calls Kikme...

...errrrr NO!

Moresco

The problem with meeting around here is that people don't meet in South Dakota, unless they're already here....people just don't come to South Dakota(unless they want to see the Black Hills).

When I was back in California to see my friends last summer, we went to this little piece of fun called The Block(it's in Orange County see).  There were probably a couple hundred people there, and he made a funny little joke about how all of South Dakota was here & how I should feel at home.  ^^!!
::: Mastodon :::

SSH

If only I'd discovered AGS while I was still living in Bristol, I could have paid my respects to the great Puma in person...

VWG: It looks like you're on the isle of Arran or something

veryweirdguy

Yeah, it's hard to get it just right because you can't place your flag on the detailed map, only on the map of Europe.

Meh, Arran in close enough ;)

SSH

Maybe if the flags gave a pop up of the person when the cursor was over them, it would be easier to read...

veryweirdguy

Something tells me some people aren't taking this too seriously... :P

And another thing:

Saddam Hussein

(That's the profile used to place this flag)

I never knew he was an AGSer!

Timosity

Yes it's not all serious as Lucasfan has been kidnapped and taken to North Korea, and DGMcphee is diving with Great White Sharks in the Great Australian Bite.

And if you're African you can sue AGS for discrimination.

La Lore

Lorena ^_^/~
"Please, do stop" - m0ds

m0ds

South Dakota? I think I've driven through there before.

I remember lens flare.

m0ds

Nine Toes

:oWho's the other person from Wisconsin on the map?
...It's too small and I can't quite read it... I thought I was all alone out here... ???
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Matt Goble

Well I've placed my flag with that mess we call London-ish!

You guys know where I live... well obviously not exactly where I live (I'm not that stupid).

Staines!!11!

MODS... DRINKS... WHEN???

Matt

Ishmael

AJA, you have big house, why not invite all the Finns there? ;D We could watch teh SW movie???? :D

(I got my flag on the same town as AJA's, but the exact aiming of them is a bit hard...)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

WanderLady

As an Antarctican, I am sorely disappointed in this map.  

* WanderLady shakes his head in disgust and places his flag on, possibly, the second worse place to be

Robert Eric

I'm thoroughly frightened that there are so many AGSers who live so near me.  I fear that I'll wake up some morning to a bunch of drunken partiers on my doorsteps who will need to spend the night, and find out the hard way that they are psychotic AGSers who have been just dying to meet me (for reasons unknown).

And there will probably never be a time that I'll get off my ass to go see another AGSer, because I am a lazy bastard.
Ã, Ã, 

Squinky

Bah! Theres a bunch of people I've necer heard of near me! Except for remixor and yakspit....

LordHart

I have no idea who the hell is near me. It is all too bunched together in Australia, we need da zoom... :)

Las Naranjas

Hehe, it's just like real life, so many people in the cities, they sprawl up and down the coasts they are on.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

remixor

Squinky:  Where do you live?  Yak and I were under the impression there weren't other AGSers too close
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Gilbert

Quote from: The Ultimo on Wed 10/09/2003 10:22:56
I have no idea who the hell is near me. It is all too bunched together in Australia, we need da zoom... :)

Hehe the users in Isreal are quite happily living together too.
Seems that there're still rooms for enhancements in this system. ;)

Squinky

Remixooorrr: Idaho, the most progressive state in america...

|Alky|

QuoteRemixooorrr: Idaho, the most progressive state in america....
Yeap ^_^
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

noed

Quote from: Bodyart on Mon 08/09/2003 20:25:27
:oWho's the other person from Wisconsin on the map?
...It's too small and I can't quite read it... I thought I was all alone out here... ???

;D It's me...I'm stuck between the cornfield and Madison, what do you think, did I hit the right spot?
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk