FoA manual

Started by Hobbes, Sat 06/09/2003 09:24:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Hi all,

As I've got my copy of Fate of Atlantis from one of those anthology-packs LucasArts published somewhere in 1995, I got the CD version.

However, I remember once loaning a copy from someone back when it was released on floppies. It came in this terrific box, but also with a terrific manual!

For Buccaneer II, I want to write a manual as well, and since I'm basing the interface on Fate of Atlantis, I'm looking for that manual for inspiration...

...would anyone know if there's someplace to download it?

Privateer Puddin'

Gonzo

Hmm...I have the original UK floppies Indy FoA release and I can't see that much special about the manual. It had the awesome box art on the cover, but inside it was the usual LucasArts manual of the interface, getting started, game design philosophy, etc. There was extra stuff for explaining the many arcade/puzzle sequences in the game (camel-riding, surveying, the submarine, the car chase, etc.), and at the top and bottom of each page were the sun/moon/earth-stone drawings for copy protection. The only slightly special thing was a bilbliography relating to Plato/Atlantis in the back.

Maybe the US or European box contained a better manual though...great game in any case, but I never played the CD version yet :(

Looking forward to Buccaneer II, keep up the good work Hobbes :)

Ciro Durán

http://www.replacementdocs.com

Search for 'Indiana'

[EDIT] Ooops, it only appears the manual of The Last Crusade :(. Sorry.

Scummbuddy

http://www.replacementdocs.com/docs/PC/Indiana%20Jones%20and%20the%20Last%20Crusade%20-%20The%20Graphic%20Adventure%20-%20Grail%20Diary.pdf

Edit, I know this isn't the one he was looking for, I just posted the direct link based off the previous link.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Esseb

That's the Last Crusade Scumm. Not Fate of Atlantis.

Hobbes

Found lots of LucasArts manuals there...

...but not FoA.

Ah, well. :)

Thanks people for searching with me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk