MITTENS 2005, candidature of Benidorm

Started by Nacho, Sat 06/09/2003 16:22:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho

MITTENS 2005 BENIDORM CANDIDATURE

Ok… AGSers agree that MITTENS 2004 will be in North America. The next logical step could be to organize MITTENS in Australia, but… is that practical? Let´s remind that Australia is far away from ALL (except for aussies, hehe…)

Let´s face it… We won´t meet LasNaranjas if he doesn´t come here (At least till the very special 10th edition of Mittens, when we will gather all the AGSers, the 10,000 of us, in the year 2012)

So, what can we do? Come back to the place where Mittens was breed? To the UK? No! We (you) can go (come) to Benidorm!

Benidorm has a lot of things. A whole British town where the brits can drink beer till their stomachs explode! A place where their jokes will be understood, a place where they could buy their nice t-shirts (Help, I´m lost and I can´t find my beer!)

Not all the MITENNERS are brits, but, as the English is recognised as the Universal language, Greeks, Swedish and Polish guys won´t probably have problems with such a British atmosphere.

Well… What could we do when the sun shines? Well, Benidorm has more then 10 kms of beaches, two theme parks and a Water park, a wax museum, a medieval dinner show…

A nice town with more of 400,000 (340,000 of them tourists) people to chat and have fun with! With a nearby airport, direct flights from Stanstead.

P.S. That is not Spam! Don´t kill me!

http://www.aqualandia.net/gb/
http://www.terramiticapark.com/ingles_main.html
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

BOYD1981

i like this idea, be cool if, depending on whether it happens, if we all found a hotel to stay in, 1 to 2 week holidays to benidorm are apparently quite cheap apparently... i think

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Privateer Puddin'

m0ds

Sounds like a good place! 2005 deffinatley needs to be somewhere with beaches.

I think we should make up a rule. And that is, we don't discuss where the next Mittens will be until Mittens. And the location of where the next Mittens will be, will be primarily decided at Mittens.

m0ds

Privateer Puddin'

well, i think possible locations should be suggested 2 weeks prior to mittens 04 constructing a shortlist which will be discussed at mittens

Nacho

Yes... I supposed that deciding where Mittens gonna be in 2 years time is a lot, but I decided to have the "pole position"  ;D.

BTW, I´ll prepare a dossier to show my candidature in Mittens 2004.

MachineElf

Big AGS meeting in 2012 eh? That's interesting... According to Terence McKenna's Timewave Zero the world as we know it is supposed to end (also, the Mayan calendar ends by 2012). Now, finally, a hint to why...
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Nacho

Yes Vargtass, the original plan was to have 10,000 AGSers in 2012, then make a gathering, and infect them all with a virus, which they will spread... When all the world population would be dead, Chris Jones and me will exit from a bunker and rule the Earth...

Eeer... What a coincidence....

Barcik

Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Las Naranjas

It's time to end this Eurocentric imperialism!

Who ever asked whether Europe was practical for me?

If not down here, call Hong Kong, because Gilbert actually has his DNA code mixed in with the engine since AC1.02.

"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

remixor

Quote from: m0ds on Sat 06/09/2003 16:35:23
And the location of where the next Mittens will be, will be primarily decided at Mittens.

I think this is a pretty bad idea.  A big reason for people not GOING to Mittens is that the current location is too impractical for them, so it seems unreasonable that the people who obviously can make it to Mittens should have the major say in where it next.  I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I think everyone who wants to go (and who actually plant on going) to Mittens should all decide where it will be.  Hopefully the location decided on will be the best compromise for everybody, not just those who already are able to go.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Robert Eric

Ã, Ã, 

Nacho

3 nude beaches in the vicinity. The Sexy Barbara show is also very known by brits. She is the girl who puts a light bulb in her... eeeer... In the... well...

She has a show with a light bulb.

nihilist

C'mon farlander (and all alike), you know you want Mittens to be in the Land Down Under (for the uneducated or blatantly ignorant: Australia). Do it in December - 45 degree heat, sandy beaches, sexy women, plenty of beer...

You'd love it son..

I guarantee that ALL of us Aussies on the board would be there (yeah, all 4, 5, or even 6 of us)

Nacho

Well, at least I´ve come to one MITTENS and I have a little right to talk. Benidorm is also a good point because it is quite near of some countries with lots of AGSers, if you don´t beleive me, take a look the AGS world map.

And also... How can you be so dare, you 14-posts-in-six-months-man, for critisicising to my post? Post your own candidature...

Eeer... don´t read that... I just telling that the way to decide the next location of Mittens must be done in some way like the Olympics... I am just giving an opinion. ;D

http://www.agsforums.com/worldmap.php

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk