Keep forgetting to shave

Started by Moresco, Tue 09/09/2003 16:34:14

Previous topic - Next topic

YOke

I have a weird dilemma. I love to shave. It comes from the period when i shaved both my face and my head. It's really a great feeling!
...but here's the problem: I look cooler with a beard!
So I can shave, but at the cost of my self esteem.
Did I just kill the shaving debate, or what?

Enlightenment is not something you earn, it's something you pay for the rest of your life.

Robert Eric

I look angry with a shaved head and goatee.  If I have a decent amount of hair on my head, and just a mustache, I look like I'm always smiling.
Ã, Ã, 

jason

Quote from: Evil on Tue 09/09/2003 21:27:54
I hate shaving... Hell, I'm 14 and I'm on a shave every day basis. I always shave in the shower (heh, I know). And by the end of the school day it has grown back... I do, though, like to rub my burns for good luck on tests and stuff. It seems to work :)
That sucks, Evil! Jeez, I hate shaving so much! I'm 21 and I have to shave pretty much everyday, but I'm too lazy to do that, so I only shave once or twice a week. I'm a hairy beast as well, but I wish I had some chinese/korean/japanese in me. One of my korean friends doesn't even have armpit hair, let alone facial/body hair! Lucky bastard..

Oh yeah, I possibly have balding to look forward to as well... lucky me.  :(

DragonRose

Note, complete with back story:

I recently went on a traditional university parade, where everyone marches through the neighbourhood around the university dressed in their pyjamas.  If anyone is sitting on the curb, we had to give them a kiss or a handshake, depending on gender.  

HOWEVER! A lot of the guys are college students in the area, so they had the stubble thing going on.  By the end of the parade, the parading girls had very tender lips and were skipping over the stubbly guys entirely.

The moral of the story: cleanshaven guys get more kisses.  Think about it.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

rodekill

And despite it all, kissing without a beard and moustache is much more yummy.
Which sucks, cause again, I look better bearded.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Moresco

That's pretty bizarre, I've never heard of a parade like that. Where exactly does this take place at? Sounds like Vegas...only in Vegas you can just go to a brothel or something. Heh, bizarre.
::: Mastodon :::

Ben

I guess I'm one of the lucky few. My facial hari doesn't really start reappearing until two days after I shave, and  even then it's so lightly colored that it's barely noticeable. I shave twice a week at most.

However, the drawback is that my sideburns are scraggly and almost invilible. And as we all know, sideburns are only sexy when you can see them.

Domino

my facial hair grows so quickly, but i cannot stand to shave and usually always wear a beard. When i do shave, people always say i have a baby face, and then i get proofed for alcohol and even cigarettes.  Even as much as i can't stand the scruff, i keep it.

Robert Eric

Easy solutions to kissing bearded or stubbly men: kiss them on the lips, or the forehead.
Ã, Ã, 

TheYak

I've gone from electric shaver to one of those 3-bladed deals.. it's nice & smooth but my face is getting eaten up like crazy.  The razor-burns are almost as rough as the stubble was.  About the best solution I've come across for fairly sensitive skin is to use pre-electric shave lotion and use an electric razor.  It can get fairly close and I've never gotten razor-burn from it.  

In other news, to expand this topic a bit..  my ex wanted me to try some stuff as a sort of payment for the fact that she had to shave her legs constantly.  I've tried shaving part of one leg and have even tried waxing a large strip.  Females, you have my full admiration for this feat.  It's awful.  I suppose you'd get used to it eventually but that's sorta like getting used to having someone kick you in the um...  umm..  shins.

MillsJROSS

Someone told me that utter cream (which you can buy at Walmart from what I heard), a cream used for cows utters, actually gets rid of razor burn easily.

-MillsJROSS

MrColossal

hehe yak

not that women HAVE to shave that is

and a man's hair is usually thicker so we have it rough anyway

i'd consider estrogen treatments just to cut down on shaving, if it wasn't for the whole chemical castration dealie
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

LGM

Just a note... I've seen Evil at the end of the day and his face is smooth as a babies bottom.. And he doesn't have sideburns...
You. Me. Denny's.

Andail

so so now LGM...let the kiddies have facial hair if they wanna

It's pretty fun anyway that we have one entire thread discussing what level of hair-growth we've achieved...aren't we a bunch of out-and-out  pirates after all :)

DragonRose

Quote from: Moresco on Wed 10/09/2003 23:09:58
That's pretty bizarre, I've never heard of a parade like that. Where exactly does this take place at? Sounds like Vegas...only in Vegas you can just go to a brothel or something. Heh, bizarre.

Vegas... I wish!  It's just McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario.  The PJ parade is part of the week long initiation of the first year students.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Moresco

Actually Vegas is pretty cool to visit, but living there sucked.  It's hot as hell, and then when it's rainy the whole damn place floods like a whiney baby & after that, you can't drive anywhere cuz everyone thinks it's Grand Theft Auto.  I swear, I hated living there soooo much.  ^^

TheYak

Quote from: MrColossal on Thu 11/09/2003 01:21:59

not that women HAVE to shave that is

Leave it to Eric to bring up blatant sexism.  ;)  Actually, I encouraged my ex not to shave her legs for a time to see if the hair would be just long enough and soft enough to put up with.  Nope.  Ever tried curling up with a cactus?  It's difficult to sleep with a rose bush as well.  I swear she could've climbed trees merely by digging her calf-hairs into the bark.  No, they don't HAVE to and in recognition of that, I'll pretty much have my facial hair however my significant other would like it.  I suppose you could bring up the fact that some women never shave their legs and thusly don't have coarse hair.  This is true but in a country and era where vanity is of the utmost importance throughout most teenage girls' lives, how likely are you to find a person who merely let it grow?  Wow, I'm babbling about the most mundance subject... sorry.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I have to pluck my eyebrows every morning or else I look like John Howard. The end.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Moresco

Who's John Howard??  Never heard of anyone by that name...but ow! plucking eyebrows must be painful.  But I can't talk, to freak out people I know, I can viciously rip nose hairs out while tears run down my face :) But I'm not crying...it's just a reaction I get from the pain.

Las Naranjas

Hooray for international profile
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk