A good place for music

Started by Teh Crabe, Wed 10/09/2003 16:43:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Teh Crabe

This isn't a question, but more of a tip.  Classical composers write better music than you, and they didn't copyright their work.  

http://www.classicalarchives.com

Has TONS of MIDIs of Classical pieces.  They let you download up to 5 a day for free, and if you know how to clear out your cookies, you can pretty much leech as much as you want.

I've found good stuff here.  For my game, I'm taking samples from the midis and looping them with royalty free phat beats I also found online, but I imagine that the straight classical pieces will work well with a lot of games.

Just wanted to share.  :)
"You are too pessimistic, you always see the empty side of the glass. Try to see the half-sized side." -Gord10

Teh Crabe

Wow.  This was moved twice with no reply.  At least I know the mods read it.
"You are too pessimistic, you always see the empty side of the glass. Try to see the half-sized side." -Gord10

Andail

it's a nice link, but there are literally tons of sites out there with free midis, with limitless access

Teh Crabe

These are really REALLY good (often professionally done by composers) midi arrangements of like 25,000 classical tunes sorted by composer's name.  Also have WMA streams as well.  This is a cut above most of what you'd find looking for free midis.  I should have specified that in the initial post.  

remixor

I think it seems like a pretty useful site, actually.  Thanks for the link, Teh.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Gilbert

Lets Remake LOOM(tm)!111!
;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk