Goliath Eclair ... Murder Mystery

Started by Ali, Sat 13/09/2003 19:48:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

What do you get if you cross a waffle with a super-intelligent sperm whale?

That's right...

You get Goliath Eclair, the great detective:

Eclair's brilliant analytical mind will be put to the test when he finds himself caught up in a deadly mystery...
...the Mystery of the Singing Fish

In a remote country house, Eclair will uncover deceit, murder and unadulterated use of the word 'tiddlywink'.

I thought I would make anyone who was interested aware of this game, as I've been working on it (*very* slowly) since Christmas. It will be a 2-room, largely conversation-based game. I think I am at least 50% of the way through, if not more. With it being my first AGS game though, it's difficult for me to judge.

- Ali.

Note#1: Sorry for not posting plot info earlier.

Note #2: Waffles are a kind of food. They are yummy and here are some recipies:
http://www.freerecipe.org/Breakfast/Waffles/

veryweirdguy

:o

Wow, that's amazing Ali, but what is the plot?

Looks great.

* veryweirdguy adds 'Goliath Eclair' to his most wanted list

Minimi

*minimi is curious to vwguy's full most wanted list*

*minimi's mouth falls open of amazingness, and starts looking up in the dictionary what a waffle is*

Privateer Puddin'

Scummbuddy

This games' graphics look very very good.  If I may say something about the shadows of the fence, on the left,  I think the shadows are exaggerated too much towards the left.  I believe they should be basically coming straight down.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

jason

It looks wonderful, but only 2 rooms?? :(

Based on the placement of the moon, I agree with Scummbuddy that the shadows on the left side should appear straight down. However, I don't think it detracts at all from the great look.

fidodido

Hey, a Sherlock Holmes type game! Looking forward for that, man...

I especially love the cut-sequence of the old guy, amazing style indeed. I also like the moon in the first screenshot - really completes the scene, and the house you see there fits perfectly.

I think there are very few games based mainly on conversation, and that's really good in my opinion. But, conversation is very hard to script, since you have to trigger other dialog options when you gather information. A lot of global ints and SetDialogOption() stuff.

Anyway, it all sounds very very good, so keep us posted on your progress.

danny*

love the artwork and feeling!!!!!

remixor

Wow!  It certainly looks excellent, and I'm really excited by the prospect of a mainly dialogue-driven game, but come on, man--only two rooms?  :(  You can't show us material that good and then expect us to be satisfied with two rooms ;)
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk