Help I have a resolution problem

Started by cpage, Thu 18/09/2003 20:22:24

Previous topic - Next topic

cpage

This has nothing to do with AGS thats why I put it here

My windows resolution for some reason is set to something so low I cant even change it because the menu is too big.....
I dont know how it happend but it is screwing me up

I think the problem is in display settings (where you change your resolution) it has a picture of 2 moniters (which is normal) but for some reason it says the small moniter in back is moniter 1 (which is not what it should be)..  
my quiestion is does anybody know how to fix it?

Pessi

Well, I think you could try changing the resolution blindfolded, using your keyboard as you can reach outside of the screen with it. What I mean is, when you're in the display settings dialog, just press the tab key twice to move the selection to the resolution slider and then just press the up arrow button and finally press enter.

I once almost got the same problem. However, I could barely select the higher resolution so I didn't have to start messing with the keyboard shortcuts. :) Tell me if the way is correct but you need to know how many times to press each button to reach the resolution slider or something like that.

Heh, to think of it, the whole thing is rediculous. I mean, you have to play with some keyboard shortcuts when you have a lot more important things to do. But then again, I don't know if this even works or is the problem!

BOYD1981

try booting up into safe mode first and the change the resolution there

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

TheYak

If the above doesn't work, and you can't adjust your settings or return to default due to lack of desktop visability, then:

You can just re-install your video drivers.. A fairly thorough way would be to go to the control panel or video adapter display settings and update drivers to the default PCI VGA settings (seen when you select show all devices).  When prompted, reset and you'll be back at windows with 640x480 crappiness.   Then, install your driver again (it sounds like you've got an Nvidia card, but whichever driver you used, load it the same way).  If it's got a self-installer, do that. If not, extract the files to a temporary directory and change your adapter driver to whatever your card is.  

If I've said anything stupid or elementary, it's only because I'm trying to be slightly thorough without being too wordy.  ;)

cpage

thanks alot you guys I got it working with your suggestions
I really appreciate it

Nellie

I'm glad you managed to find a resolution to your problem.

* Nellie dies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk