Spam me, spam me lots

Started by , Fri 19/09/2003 19:44:28

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

If you're ever bored, please please please email me at work;

mark.lovegrove @ bocc.co.uk

I've been banned from the internet, I've had my USB stick taken away so I can't work on anything now and I have nothing left to do (I know you're thinking I should be working, but there is no work to be done - I'm supposed to be being trained for "no one has the time to train me" at the moment).

Work is boring and lonely and I don't like the way they run it. I sit between the two managers and they've adopted a real nasty "We're geeks with power" attitude. Developers are allowed to wear headphones, but after the office junior recently quit I had to take her place and now I'm not allowed to wear headphones, which sucks because I joined to be a developer not an office junior. The MI soundtrack and all my MIDI sits on the PC but I just cant listen to it.

Every day I get an email from one of the two managers saying "Please don't double click the mouse so fast" kinda thing (Ok, thats a little extreme, but any time I do something I seem to get told off for it, maybe I'm just doing things wrong)

I put my headphones on the other day to listen to a tune and got told off straight away. I don't give a frig for the money, I'd much rather enjoy my job.

So please, fill my email inbox. Thats the only thing they have left available for me.

PS, dont sign me up for spam, I mean, get in contact with me.

:)
m0ds

veryweirdguy

Can you recieve attachments? Cos then we could send you more interesting stuff for you to do, if you want.

m0ds

I can indeed recieve attatchments.

m0ds

rodekill

If you stay at that job, it's gonna eat away at your mental health. Get out now.

Er, aaaarrrr.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Domino

For some reason, your post reminds me of the movie Office Space. It seems management doesn't care about you, and maybe you shouldn't care about them. Give 'em some attitude and get out. Work should be fun sometimes.

Good Luck

Pumaman

That sounds harsh, man ... we spend enough hours of the week at work, you've got to be able to have a laugh there. Is it just you and the two managers in the office?

Meowster

I don't understand. Why wouldn't they want to cuddle you? ??? Are they jealous? ??? ??? ???

Seriously though, get a new job. I'd much rather be happy in a job and get minimum wage, than get a lot of pay but be very unhappy. besides, when you're gone and they have difficulty finding anybody quite as good, they might regret treating you like a lower being.

Fruity unplugged

is there somebody out there who actually ENJOYS his/her job?
because I never heard of anyone who did, serious!
I have 3 jobs at the moment and they all suck.
er but thats not the point, point isI'll mail you from time to time :)

La Lore

You mustn´t  work, it is not good for health!!! I ´m studying pharmacy and I recommend you NOT TO WORK. I only work 3 hours at week, I´m  my cousins´s teacher.  :)
If I remember that when I stay at the University, I´ll write to you.(I´ll use my "hotmail email")  :-*
Lorena ^_^/~
"Please, do stop" - m0ds

Hobbes

In answer to Fruity, yes, I enjoy my work.

Being a teacher to 22 kids is, to me, one of the best jobs I can ask for. I'm having a good time! :)

Eggie

I was just womdering...how did you lose your internet access?
Is a scandalous tale of scandal?

Miez

Quote from: rodekill on Fri 19/09/2003 21:56:19
If you stay at that job, it's gonna eat away at your mental health. Get out now.

I completely second that! Get the hell out - we need you for much more important work. FoY teamleading and coding and all that.
So how big is the chance that you can find a similar job at a different company (one that doesn't suck)?
Hang in there - while trying to find something else!

Meowster

Quote from: Fruity unplugged on Sat 20/09/2003 20:14:07
is there somebody out there who actually ENJOYS his/her job?
because I never heard of anyone who did, serious!
I have 3 jobs at the moment and they all suck.
er but thats not the point, point isI'll mail you from time to time :)

Yes.

A whole bunch of the animators and artists in the world enjoy their job. All the people from Lucasarts prior around 1997 enjoyed their job immensely. Probably all the people at Double Fine enjoy their job. My brother enjoys his job in a computer firm. My uncle enjoys his work in ABC, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. My aunt enjoys her job in Vodaphone. My grandmother enjoys her job in a bakery, and my cousin enjoys her job waitressing while she's in college.

Maybe we're just a really unusually happy family, but I don't think that's it. When you're working in a place where you get on with people, that makes all the difference. And when you have plans for the future, and you don't plan to spend the rest of your life in that job anyway... that makes a bigger difference. Okay, my Grandmother runs the bakery, so she doesn't count. But my Cousin wants to open her own business after college. My Aunt already got her dream; she works in vodaphone and gets hella free stuff and parties. My brother eventually plans to start his own business. My uncle plans to take over the world, and I plan to become a programmer or lead artist on some computer project, somewhere in the world. Anywhere, so long as it's San Francisco and the Mice Population is thriving. I like mice.  ;D

But seriously, I know you know what you wanna do. Don't worry about dickheads standing in your way of doing it. Quietly continue your job the way they want it done, and be looking for another job in the meanwhile. And remember; you're not working towards pleasing them, you're working towards YOUR dream.

(PS, can I be lead animator when you get your dream?)

FruitTree

wow that's some impressive thinking yufster  :)
and yes you can be lead animator just keep reminding me of it!

thing is I'm probably going to work stupid jobs all my life,
what I really want to do is something creative I don't care what! maybe paint or draw or design or direct those are ALL things I like. but to officially become one of those things you've got to finish some sort of school and since I flunked highschool it's pretty much imposible to get in one of those schools.

I don't know why but I tend to make things real hard on myself

m0ds

Thanks to everyone who emailed me! Including you Tim Schafer!

No seriously, thanks :) I replied to some and still have some to reply too. Jus' don't stop, it helped the day pass real quickly! ;)

:-*
m0ds

Squinky

For some reason my replys to you were sent back man, so I wasn't trying to be all "like that "

m0ds

Squinky, I lost the job and therefore the email address has been scratched.

Back to being a binman.

Meowster

Yeah speaking of which, Mark... what was with that this morning? You left a pool of slime. Jeeze, you're not meant to leave slime. What happened? Did the bag split? Man, do I hate it when bin men leave slime. Shame on you, Mark.

Jimi

Shame you lost the job, but at least you aren't bored stiff.

Hobbes

Pity you lost the job!

Ah, well... just make a blockbuster movie and release a worldwide hit adventure game. That usually works for me.

Evil

Yeah, that would work. You could direct, Lgm could write, and I could star. See that works great! Its just one step away from CJ becoming the leader of the world.. being famous...

remixor

Quote from: Hobbes on Sun 28/09/2003 15:18:38
Pity you lost the job!

Ah, well... just make a blockbuster movie and release a worldwide hit adventure game. That usually works for me.

Hey man, Buccaneer wasn't THAT big ;)
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Sell FOY and get rich!  :D
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Pumaman

Sorry to hear that m0ds, but if the environment there was as bad as it sounded, you're probably better off.

ravenfusion

Errr...m0ds, would you care for a game of solitare? :D

Meowster

Quote from: Femme Fatale on Mon 29/09/2003 06:33:47
Sell FOY and get rich!  :D

Yeah!!! And then get sued by LucasArse and lose it all again!!! It'll be like using a yoyo, only pretend the money is a yoyo. Pretend.

Miez

Quote from: Yufster^_^ on Wed 01/10/2003 09:31:53And then get sued by Lucasars

Is that an intentional typo?  ;D

m0ds

Hahaha :)

You know what, I played Solitare endlessly at work yet never won. When I play it at home I win straight away.

THEY MUST HAVE BUGGED MY GAME O SOLITAIRE!!

Tehehehe LucasArse ^-^

m0ds

Dave Gilbert

I once got layed off from a monotonous, soul-sucking corporate job.  For a while I felt bad, but then I realized it was the best thing that could have happened to me.  I went to the library.  I explored my neighborhood.  I met other unemployed friends for lunch.  I discovered AGS.  Now that I'm working again, there are times when I actually miss it!  The grass is always greener, as they say.

remixor

lol, good catch, Miez ;)   I can't believe I've never heard anyone say "LucasArse" before.  In hindsight, it seems so obvious...
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk