I need some recomendations

Started by , Sun 21/09/2003 18:32:56

Previous topic - Next topic

FennerMan

Hello there.
I don't actually have any problem but I wanted to ask experienced users for some advices, perhaps to make myself things easier.
Well, what I want to ask now is about character creating. I understand perfectly how to create a character, but man! Is there a very adecuate program for it? I use paint.... and it can be done, but it's terrible. For example, I'm working on a character who is a basketball player, and the idea is that when he moves he starts bouncing the ball that is on his hand. Also, I want that when he is standing for a while he starts passing the ball through his legs and do some other stuff with it. But here's my question: Isn't there a way that I can make the ball a sort of object that I can move over and behind the character? Cause what I have to do is to be erasing and re-drawing the body everytime the ball passes through him, and it's damn slow and buggy! Is there a good program for this, that can make my characters easily animated? a program that can help me drawing the frames necessary without re-drawing everything?

Well i believe that is it. Thanks in advance!

Isegrim

Pretty cool is a 3d editor/renderer for doing stuff like that. Hard to find a good one, though (especially one for little money)

Also takes some getting used to, but it's sure worth it!

That has the advantage of making only one model once and being able to rotate and move as you like it.

Otherwise, I think most other AGS-Users use Photoshop. I can't telly you too much about that, since I don't use it myself, but I've recently seen some pretty cool tutorials somwehere around...
This post was generated automatically and therefore bears no signature.

PeaceMan

This is probably one of the best free drawing programs with layers that you can get.

Very handy.

click here

FennerMan

I think that's perfect, pixia is good. I used long ago 3dstudio max but workin alone requires lot's of time in makimg things. 3d programs usually are not for individual work. Thanks you both.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk