Genbu's Favour - MAGS

Started by taryuu, Mon 22/09/2003 08:55:47

Previous topic - Next topic

taryuu

Genbu's Favour by taryuu productions

made in time to be entered into the  MAGS contest.
10 rooms
custom gui
custom cursors
100% original graphics and music

WARNING the game contains some cursing and suggestive situations.  so there you go.

Also if anyone has any free space to host this it'd be appreciated.  I don't know how long it's going to hold up.

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://genbusfavour.tripod.com/Genbu.zip

right-click save link as
I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

straston

Well, OK... ;-)

I think I found a bug though:

Spoiler

If you look at the rock and then leave the place without using the sun oil, you will not find the hole again when you come back. I think you should fix that because it's quite annoying having to start the whole game again.  (I had to the first time...)

Actually, I would have also preferred a little twist in the end... it's somehow a bit too simple. But, well, that's probably a matter of taste.

[close]

Nice game anyway,

Straston

taryuu

Well I think I fixed it.  I uploaded the new version.  Would you mind trying it again to see if I got to?

Spoiler
when you get the shoe is when you notice the rock.  so if you have the shoe, the rock should be loose.
[close]

taryuu?

Matt Brown

nice graphics, and interesting

stuck

Spoiler
I got the umbrella and teh suntan oil...what the crap am I supposed to do now? I see no conflict.
[close]
word up

taryuu

how many rooms have you been in?  it sounds like you haven't gone beach combing.
if that's too cryptic
Spoiler
head over to the rocky portion of the beach, you should gain entrance another portion of the beach.
[close]

taryuu?

Minimi

LOL, this is pretty fun. Yours is about the beach... mine the snow ;)

About your game. I really liked your game, though I didn't liked the language, but thats just a matter of taste. You've drawn that turtle very nicely!

Matt Brown

BUG

Spoiler
I made the buys leave, got the oil, and left. when I came3 back, I couldnt walk over to the end of the screen [/walk]
[close]
word up

taryuu

working on it.

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=8690

any ideas?

EDIT Fixed bug  try new version 1.1

taryuu?

straston

Quote from: taryuu on Mon 22/09/2003 18:15:55
Well I think I fixed it.  I uploaded the new version.  Would you mind trying it again to see if I got to?

Works Ok now. :-)

PeaceMan

Nice  :)

The graphics are well drawn.

I liked the way that the grass blows in the wind. It kind of reminds me a bit of The Secret of Mana on the SNES.  

taryuu

I put a link on the games page now.  don't know why i didn't do that earlier.

oh and again i don't know how long the tripod link will hold.
even tho it's only 685 kb i'm afraid they'll pull it.  so if any has webspace that you can spare.  tell me.  

and while you're at it.

VOTE

http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?category=2&action=detail&id=272&refresh1064356794

taryuu?

minataure

Can't download from either link not even with the right click! What's wrong???

taryuu

um. it's working for me.  try it again?

taryuu?

jason

Quote from: taryuu on Fri 26/09/2003 23:46:40
um. it's working for me.  try it again?
Cool game, taryuu. The graphics were quite good, Genbu was very cool, and the girl was definitely hot :P

Hobbes

Hey taryuu, I liked your game! Didn't know what a Genbu was until I had played your game... the humour was spot-on, although maybe a few GlobalInts here and there could've helped in the conversations not repeating themselves.

The graphics were very well done!

taryuu

thanks all.  

hobbes i thought about doing what you're talking about with the scripting.  but i decided to take a different approach.  i remember playing monkey island, laughing my ass off to the dialogues, and then all of a sudden i clicked the mouse too fast, and i didn't get to read what was said.  

since i was sure i missed something good, sometimes i'd load an earlier save game just to read the dialogue again.  and that was a pain.  

so with this method, you can always re-read what was said.  and if you're already read it before, it's uber-simple just to click past it.

if i'd change anyting, i'd probably add more interactions with the inventory items, and more hotspots.  

i'm glad you like graphics too.  who says 320x200 iwth 256 colour has to look crappy?

oh and the girl, she'll be in my next game too.  

taryuu?

jannar85

Hey! I want this! Give me!!1

Conclusion: Upload it, please *big grin*
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Queen Kara

What others said ( links don't work ) , 'cause I'm interested in the game too. Please fix! Thanks for the screenshots.
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk