A question for a question...

Started by Hobbes, Thu 25/09/2003 21:41:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Quintaros

That's a tough one, not knowing enough about what the computer technology of the time was like.  Hell I'm not too saavy with present technology.  My guess, though, is that people working in the gaming industry back in the 70s were forethinking enough that most of todays gaming technology would seem inevitible to them.  Maybe they'd be impressed with the quality of modern graphics and AI but its not gonna blow their mind.  

Do you ever foresee a time when you'll have no desire to buy commercial games b/c your gaming desires are being satiated by the ever-growing AGS community?

Note:  I'm beginning to think a flaw with this thread is that a lot of interesting questions are coming up but aren't explored fully as only one person answers them and then moves on.

remixor

Do you ever foresee a time when you'll have no desire to buy commercial games b/c your gaming desires are being satiated by the ever-growing AGS community?

Er... gotta be honest here and say no.  There are some truly outstanding AGS games, but VERY few that fuse every single aspect of gamemaking in the way that an excellent commercial game can.  This is not the fault of any AGS game makers; most AGS games are made with only one person or a very small team, and it's unreasonable to expect that many people to excel at every part of game making.

And re: Quintaros' last sentence: I see what you mean, but I actually kind of like it this way.  We have plenty of threads about a given topic related to adventure games, and they get beat to death, often culminating in some big argument ;)  Those often spawn the best threads but I think this is nice for a change.

Next question: What do you think the adventure genre is going to look like by 2010?
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Hobbes

I think (and hope) that by that time the pendulum has swung back again... meaning: adventure games will be the "new" hype and big in commercial success. And we'll still be here, being all "Told you so"...

;)

Question: If you could get involved with the development of one current AGS-made game, which one would you like to be involved with? And, in what department?

Also, Re: Quintaros: True. The questions get answered at a rapid pace. But, as I stated before: Answer all the questions you like. Just as long as you answer the current one as well and provide us with the next question... This thread will really take off once people start replying to earlier stuff, so I'm all for it.

Privateer Puddin'

just one ? damn

i guess it would have to be
Quest For Glory II VGA by Tierra, just because (no offense to any one in anyway) they seem very professional in how they go about game developement and id love to be a part of that, id prolly choose play testing, as the team they have atm, beats anything i could make :P

question : What inspires you when making a game? the chance to tell a tale? life long ambition? etc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk