Does anyone know?

Started by AndersM, Thu 25/09/2003 21:56:09

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersM

If there is anything like the AGS program to make a 'not so advanced' SimCity type of game?

Evil

Game Maker or possibably RPG Maker with a ton of programming...

Edit:
Wait, are we talking like ISO style or like a make a city game?

Minimi

I would say use The Games Factory or Multimedia Fusion... though you have to pay for these programs. more info about them at www.clickteam.com

no programming language required to use these programs! I have them both, and they are really good

Evil

STAY AWAY FROM FUSION, I TELL YE! STAY AWAY OR YOU'LL BE SORRY!!1

cpage

just say your a school and download klick and play for schools!

AndersM

I played the old game 'Moonbase' and got so angry that it's so extremliy bad, so I thaught about making a better version on the same theme, and since moonbase have the simcity theme i thaught that maybee there was some program to make such games. Maybee something for Mr Jones to 'dig into' now that AGS is allmoust perect...

Ciro Durán

Quote from: MrMasse on Sat 27/09/2003 00:30:43
I played the old game 'Moonbase' and got so angry that it's so extremliy bad, so I thaught about making a better version on the same theme, and since moonbase have the simcity theme i thaught that maybee there was some program to make such games. Maybee something for Mr Jones to 'dig into' now that AGS is allmoust perect...

Moonbase is a rather cool idea, the thing that makes it bad is that the gameplay is ill-balanced. Once you find the way to make money, you're done,  and also, you're not given more difficult challenges.

Making a SIM-type game is rather difficult, MrMasse, I can tell you because I tried to design one, and you really need a good design if you want to have a cool SIM-type game (just an example, imagine every single design decision Will Wright had to make in order to make The Sims work).

To answer your question, I've never heard of a SIM-type game builder, I have not googled myself to see if exists, either, maybe you could have more determination than I do :P.

Well... sul sul

*Ciro turns around and suddenly has night clothes

BOYD1981

the original Sim City game was actually supposed to be a game in which you blew up buildings in a city, but it was discovered that more fun was had actually building the cities...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk