Shenanigans!

Started by Sylpher, Thu 02/10/2003 00:17:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylpher

At work today we were talking about all the wild, crazy, stupid stuff we did in high school. I am pretty sure most everyone here has moved on from highschool or even college but if not I am sure you have a story to tell..I will start off.

One night my friends and I were at the ever happening school dance. The night was coming to an end and we had to walk to circle k. Seeing as how we were all still to young to drive, to give our friends mom a call to pick us up. So..Two friends and I headed off ahead of the rest to make the call early so she would show up by the time everyone was there. On they way to Circle K we saw that the Art teachers (Who we will call Bob) light was on in his classroom. Bob was nutorious for being a how you say...dick! So we decieded a little messing with Bob was in order. So we went up to the window and one of my friends started pounding on it. Upon the second hit KASLPAHSGH!!! Window shattered into a hundred pieces!!

So I took off running in one direction and my Two friends headed in the other (Towards Circle K)..I meet up with the rest of the group who was now heading towards circle k in which I was explaing what just happend and around comes to corner comes OFFICER MANCY! After a good 50 million questions and us getting witnesses saying we had just left the dance he let us go and we went home and probobly did some more stupid stuff at my friends house in the middle of nowhere.

I grew up in a small town so I got a hundred more stories of the like..feel free to add yours or not I'll be here all night!

(Note, Don't have to but if you like change names for innocent things and whatever...)

Grundislav

This is a pretty lame story because I didn't really do much exciting stuff in high school.  

Anyway one night I was at a party at my friend's house who lived about a block away from an elementary school.  So a bunch of people decided to go out and roam around the neighborhood.  So me and like 5 other people jumped the fence and went running around the school's yard and stuff, which for us being impressionable young kids was exciting.

When we left we saw that some other people had gotten a big rock from somewhere and they put it in the middle of the road.  So this big SUV comes by and everyone is hiding in the shadows and we hear BANG! because the SUV had smashed its underside into the rock.  The guy stopped and got out of the car to see what happened and everyone got scared and ran off.  That was kind of funny.

remixor

There's this weird lump in the road near my old high school, so if you have a green light and you're going above about 40mph or so, you get some serious air (I've done it a few times at ~50 because I am an idiot).  One of those surreal, awesome, and funny things I've ever seen though is a guy in one of those little Jeep Wranglers take it going at LEAST 60.  And those cars are pretty damn light.  He bloody flew.  It was inspiring, seeing him coast through the air.  When he landed, he bounced TWICE and destroyed both of his axles, causing the chassis of his car to fall down and rest on the road.  Obviously, the car was utterly unusable.  Miraculously, the guy was utterly unharmed.  He simply pushed the door off of its hinges, got out, and walked away.

Another time, my friends and I had been doing doughnuts in several cars in a vacant dirt lot at about 3am or so (for those unaware, doughnuts are when you get some speed going, yank up the parking break, and yank the steering wheel around violently, causing the car to spin around).  Our cars were absurdly dirty afterwards (I'm talking caked with dirt), so we drove around for a while trying to find a 24-hour carwash or something, but were unsuccessful.  Because (again), we were idiots, we decided to race home back to my one friend's house.  There was literally nobody else on the road besides us, so we were driving at quite unsafe speeds, and we ran a red light at one point (just to be clear, this was a bad idea and I don't condone it).  One of the other guys and I somehow got ahead of the other three guys and ended up going slightly over 100mph on the town's main road.  We got back to his house and wondered what was taking the other guys so long.  We were pretty nervous at that point, so we just hung around in the garage waiting for them with the door open.  About 15 minutes later, one of the other guys drives up, parks his car, and starts walking to the house.  He looks scared out of his mind, and he's just saying "Guys, don't say anything.  Just sit here, and don't say anything" and we can't get anything else out of him.  Next thing we know, we see our other two friends pull up, followed by a squad car with its lights flashing.  Obviously, we all crapped ourselves at this point.  The cop gets out of the car, walks up to us, and starts talking.  I don't even remember what he said anymore; I was too nervous for my brain to even work.  He woke up my friend's dad, who had to come down at 4am to learn that his son and his son's friends had been driving recklessly around town.  I'm still grateful to this day that the cop decided to to write any of us any tickets or citations or anything.  Either he was a friggin saint, or he just didn't want to fill out all that paperwork (there were five of us).  Frankly, I don't even care.  I'm just glad I didn't get my license revoked.

I have plenty more stories, but I don't feel like typing any more at the moment.  I may do so later.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Trapezoid

Oh boy, this is gonna be a whole thread of near-Darwin Award worthy experiences, isn't it?

DGMacphee

* DGMacphee forwards this thread URL to Officer Mancy. (Boy, won't Mancy be surprised!)
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

MillsJROSS

Okay, there was this one time some friends and I hijacked an SUV and while driving we hit something. So when I got out of the car to check, I saw a bunch of kids running away. Damn crazy kids!

Okay a real story...

In college (unfortunatly, either I did nothing crazy in high school or can't remember it), we were in the dorms. And in the halls a couple of friends and I invented a game called death disk. Which was a lot like frisby only instead of a frisby we played with a pot top we had borrowed from some girl (and yes, she made us buy her a new pot and top once she found out. Some people never let people have fun). So the pot top, from being banged up against the side walls, was incredibly sharp and very dangerous to throw at one another, hence the name, death disk. So eventually one of my friends hits the smoke detector clean off, which makes all the detectors on every floor but ours, go off. So eventually an officer makes his way up to our floor and asks us a few question. After a few lies we were home free. But death disk was put to it's death.

-MillsJROSS

Las Naranjas

My adventures at school involving clandestine pub trips, explosives, catapaults, dead animals, fire, trips to hospital on the part of protegés, smashed windows, conveniently placed merecedes and other wanton acts of destruction are still a tad to close (and not covered by any statute of limitations) to air at this point.

However, I will mention my friends (and partners in crime in many of these) who for our recent scavenger hunt themed their team as criminals (and dressed accordingly) we pulled over by half a dozen squad cars and the best part of the city's police force after dozen of reports including "4 men in balaclavas and brandishing shotguns strormed into Charlestown Hoyts Cinemas demanding ticket stubs to Finding Nemo". THe best part of the police found it funny, but a few didn't take it as well.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Migs

Once we stole the janitor's truck to go get some lunch.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Nellie

So, me and two friends, Paula and Salaudin, are walking through the park, when we pass the new play area.  Inside this is a gang of twenty or so dick-head lads, who start swearing at us as we pass.  We ignore them, keep walking, we're almost past the area, and everything is fine and dandy.

Then Paula, who was not born with a survival instinct, decides she'll say something back.  She turns around and shouts: "Why don't you stick your heads down the toilet where you belong?"

Now, to a bunch of white guys, that insult would just sound silly and not particularly offensive, and this is how Paula intended it.  Unfortunately, this dick-head gang consists entirely of black guys, and Paula has completely and utterly failed to see the racist connotations of what she's just said.

So then they follow us.  Salaudin is really young, and Paula is a girl, so guess who they decide to attack?  The tall, white guy of course!  After getting punched in the face twice, I decided we should make a sharp exit and legged it.

My friends didn't follow.

I'm looking back, wondering what the hell they're doing and whether I should go back despite the fact I'm crapping myself, when Salaudin comes pelting towards me and yells: "Neil!  Run!  They're comiiiiing!!"

And I went wee-wee-wee-wee all the way home.  Salaudin follows, and then Paula finally turns up, with completely nonchalant, 'what's the big deal' body language.

She was probably right, and nothing too terrible would have happened, but damn were we pissed off with her.

LGM

One time, at band camp...
You. Me. Denny's.

Sylpher

I knew that joke was coming sooner or later!

I have more stories to share but no time now so I'll edit this later with one. Just wanted to punch LGM.

* Sylpher punches

Robert Eric

On the football field in winter, me and group of other Seniors used a snowblower to produce the shape of a penis in the snow.  At night, of coarse...
Ã, Ã, 

Fuzzpilz

I ate a sandwich that had some garlic on it once.

Now, this was just before biology class - and the biology teacher I had at the time *hated* me. Thus, the reason I ate it was clearly my malicious intent to disturb the class with the HIDEOUS GARLIC STENCH OF DOOM AND GARLIC, and I had to sit outside the door during the lesson. Hooray!

Trapezoid

Quote from: Robert Eric on Sat 04/10/2003 01:23:54
On the football field in winter, me and group of other Seniors used a snowblower to produce the shape of a penis in the snow.  At night, of coarse...

I read "Seniors" and thought "Senior Citizens". It's funnier my way.

Matt Brown

one time...at band camp...

ok. band camp story

me and my percussion buddies declared war on the tuba section. We stole his (there was only 1 tuba.) contact soulution, shampoo and toothpaste and froze them. Then, while we was practicing, we stole his bed and threw it down teh stairs

sadly, he got the last laugh, when I returned to my dorm room to discover all my boxers were incased in 4 inches of ice.
word up

remixor

Quote from: Teh Pandanator on Wed 08/10/2003 02:46:13we stole his bed and threw it down teh stairs

this made me laugh out loud

Alexis Vale

I'm still in high school, thus no stories to tell really. But my dad had quite a bit of fun at school.

My father went to WSU. In the winter he and his evil male friends made snowmen everywhere. They went out in the middle of the night, somehow got on top of a building right above the enterance, and built a snowman there. Of course, they just couldn't resist having a bit more fun, so they go toward the girls' dorms and build snowmen there...right in front of their doors. A nice big snowman that covered the enterance. So, obviously, the girls wake up in the morning to find they can't get out the door because an evil snowman is standing there...or they open the door and walk straight into the snowman.

Then there are the stories of the short-sheeting, jacket sleeve-tying, donut-pocketing stories.

Also, Shenanigans (or however it is spelled) is a dance place my parents go to.

Sylpher

Hehe, not bad however I've seen some, I guess you could say, more creative snowmen at the college near my house. Best not to elaborate.

Back in highschool, again before my friends and I were all cool and had cars.... , We rode the bus. I'm not sure how school buses are designed in your neck of the woods but the back of our school bus had a little compartment about Four feet wide and a foot tall (3.25 meters by .25 meters...give or take) That said something like School Bus - ____ District. I forgot what our district name was.

Anyways we were feeling pretty shenaniganious so when we got to one of the stops that was pretty busy with kids getting off (So the driver would be distracted) I stood up, to I dunno..try to obstruct the view of the entire back of the bus, while my friend opened it up and nabbed the sign. Eventually we got to our stop so my friend walked behind me pretty closely with the sign between us and somehow we got off without as much as a strange look from the driver.

Once we made our way round the bus we saw our road was clear and we got away..The other kids on the bus who were in on it as well cheered from the windows as it speed away. Wasn't the perfect crime however. Eventually the bus driver figured out the sign was gone so a police officer went around our neighborhood and one of the other kids ratted us out.

Luckily I got off free because they couldn't prove I did anything wrong..but my friend, who still had the sign, was caught and had to do 50 hours community service plus clean the buses (Which didn't count on his service time).

Moral of the story?

Crime doesn't pay...

...If you get caught. :D

Layabout

Me and my friends used to do this stuff. I was the driver. We went to pizza hut and put traffic cones on the roof.

Then we went to kick some bins over.

We also went through a caravan park. For some reason...
I am Jean-Pierre.

remixor

Oh man, speaking of signs...  My friends and I used to go around in my friend's pickup and steal those real estate advertisement signs.  We got them all, from huge big sandwich-board style ones to the little signpost ones saying stuff like "Four Tennis Courts!" and "Quality School System Nearby!"  Then we'd do stuff like put them in our friend's lawns.  The biggest one we ever got was a huge sandwich-board one, and we put it in a McDonald's drive-through (past the point where it could be seen before actually getting pretty far into the drive-through itself) after the McDonald's was closed.  Unfortunately, we didn't have the willpower to get up early enough and watch the wacky hijinx that surely ensued when the restaurant opened the next morning.

Las Naranjas

Incidently, who here has been suspended at some time during their school career and thus meet the criteria to enter the hall of fame.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

rodekill

One year they accused me of cheating on finals and said I'd either have to repeat the grade or change schools.
I called their bluff and told them I'd changed schools.
I didn't change schools, nor did I repeat the grade.

This other time I almost got suspended for wearing shorts too early in the year, despite the fact that it was 32 degrees out. Don't remember how I proved they were morons that time, but suffice it to say, I didn't get suspended.

And yet another time I got in late from lunch with a buddy of mine, so we left our jackets in one of the bathrooms (we weren't allowed into the locker area if we were late, and would face detention if we asked to be let in). When we went back my jacket had been stolen.
The next year we were doing some fundraising after-hours, so we got the special key to use the maintenance elevator. The door opens. The janitors trolley of janitorial crap is sitting there. My jacket is hanging off of it. I decide just to let it be, since the poor guy must be in dire straights to have to steal a jacket from a kid, but my friend wigs out and tears the jacket to pieces, literally. They try to get us to buy him a new jacket, we refuse. I prove it was stolen. They never admit being wrong, however the topic mysteriously never comes up again, and the janitor in question dissapears without a trace the next year.

Point being, the people that run public schools are nothing but a bunch of power-mad dolts who are easily outwitted by the students in their care. I'll try to keep this in mind when my kids are in school.

As far as shenanigans go... hmm... let me think about it a while. We did a lot of dumb stuff, but I'm not sure what's original and interesting and what's just the regular teen-aged stupidity.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

remixor

Amazingly, I never got suspended.  Considering some of the stuff I did while on school grounds during school hours, this surprises me.  During my senior year, two friends and I decided to compete in Battle of the Bands.  It was the proudest moment of my high school career.  Our band was named FINGER!!!! and we played all our instruments with only our middle fingers.  I played a hugely distorted dropped-D tuned guitar using only my middle finger and strumming with my other middle finger, my friend Carlo played keyboard using his two middle fingers, my friend John sang, holding the microphone by wrapping his middle fingers around it, and my friend Victor operated a drum machine using his two middle fingers.  I was wearing a full Spiderman costume, Carlo was wearing crazy faux-gantsta stuff, John was wearing all black, and Victor had this weird white shiny plastic mannequin mask with eye holes poked in it.  It was creepy.  Our first song was this crazy absurd metal song we wrote to be as loud and simplistic as possible with John screaming and jumping all over the place and me whipping out a guitar solo using a violin bow at one point.  That song was mainly to get people to notice us and come over to watch, so we could bust out our second song.  We covered Dana Carvey's (stand up comedian) joke rock song "Choppin' Broccoli."  For those who haven't heard it, try downloading it, it's pretty funny.  That one was just me on piano and John and Carlo singing together.  Victor did weird interpretive dance in his creepy white mask.  By the way, we'd purchased 20 pounds of broccoli from the supermarket before school that morning.  As the song kept building up and getting louder, we started to take out all the broccoli and chuck it all into the crowd.  Victor started filling an acoustic guitar with broccoli.  People were freaking out, mainly because they were so confused.  When the song hit its climax, Victor raised the acoustic over his head and smashed it on the ground, sending broccoli flying everwhere.  It was crazy.

Anyway, I'm surprised we didn't get in more trouble than we did.  The administration was not happy, to say the least, but people were going nuts.  It was fun.

Las Naranjas

A few months ago in winter it was really cold at school so we lit some hobo fires to keep warm.

Then some more because they were funny.

The deputy saw me later on and says "What do you know about fires being lit?"
I answered "I know that it happens".
He says "Well you were nearby weren't you *wink wink*. I'd expect something responsible *wink wink*".

That Deputy rocked.

Though in year 10 he had to suspend me for two days when I made a symbolic redecoration (no vandalism) of bitchy mcbitchfacecunt teacher's room. There was also a theft of a fishing net that hang from the ceiling and which we weren't allowed to touch at all costs. (this was all done in front of the subsitute).

So I ened up with a four day weekend and he told me "I don't approve of what you did, but I understand why you did it" and gave me a huge pat on the back.

I sure felt contrition after that.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Evil

Quote from: rodekill on Mon 13/10/2003 06:44:48
This other time I almost got suspended for wearing shorts too early in the year...

I wear shorts and a tee-shirt durring winter here all the time and believe me, we have cold winters in Iowa...

Matt Brown

midwest winters suck. We get about as bad here in Ohio. I dont see why you would get suspended for wearing shorts though, (unless of course, they were mucho short). If you wear shorts where I live past say, mid-october, its your own grave you're diggin
word up

rodekill

Yeah, but like I said, power-mad dolts.
Our school was pretty tame, not a lot of drugs or fights, since we only had about 200 students, so I guess they had to find some way to make us hate them.

As another example of assholes trying to ruin good memories for kids, one year we wanted to put together a band for our annual talent show. We wanted to play something like 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' or whatever. They refused. No reason given. I guess they didn't like our taste in music. They recommended we play 'Something by Peter Frampton'. Cross one great childhood memory off the list.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Alexis Vale

Private school:
-costs too much
-no competition in sports
-strict dress code
-no fun...everyone is a zombie...or they have that "I'm a rich kid, so pretend I'm cool" humor.
-no getting away with anything...at all...
-one strike, you're out (unless you're rich)

Ugh. Save me...

squinks

I at one time had a teacher that didn't like me so much, and in turn I didn't appreciate him so much. So one day, we have a typical confrontation. He had a cabinet with school supplys in it that he always left his keys hanging from (which included his home and car keys) of course it was right by the door, so I just grabbed it and threw it in the recycling bin....I was a bastard in highschool....

Also, we used to play a stupid-ass game called car-tag where we drove around throwing garbage at each other. typically this involed throwing eggs at each others cars ect. The best time I ever had playing that was when we pulled up next to our buddys who thought we were out of "ammo". they rolled down there windows and started mocking us. Thats when we attacked with the ground beef. man that was some funny shit. The look on peoples faces when they get hit with raw ground beef is pricless....

bspeers1000

I once helped create a small revolutionary insurgence in my school.

(prepare for a long, disappointingly banal story)

We had a week equivilent to "school spirit week" in my old high school, called "Chimo Days" for the "eskimo" (read 'Inuit') word for friendship.  We celebrated this by having the loved/hated jocks and keeners in the 'Leadership' class (largely Christian fundamentalists) separate the entire school into 5 or 6 teams and put together a series of silly and pointless events (under the heavy influence of specific teachers) such as "tape the grade eight to the wall" or "competitive body surfing".  These games took up all of lunch hour in the main gym, and while exciting for pumped competitivists with nothing better to do, I found them excrutiatingly boring.

To make things all the better in drawing us in, they made incredibly sensitive themes for the teams each year, based on stereotypes.  For example, one year was various types of music, Goth, Punk, Rap, etc.  Since we had a small contingent of authentic 'Goths' and Punks, and these were the main alienated groups, it did a really good job of bringing us together ::).  Another year it was occupations.  Plumber, Farmer, Doctor etc., really embedded with class stereotypes that further isolated the poorer kids.

First year, I dressed in team colours.  Apparently if you weren't in costume, jocks had the right to stuff you into a locker or dab you with a bingo dabber.  And team colours are so hard to identify, I guess.  No one I knew, friends among the rejects, weirdos and geeks even attended the games.

Second year, I wore full costume as a plumber.  My stuff was stolen.  Ditto on games.

By about grade 10 or 11 (I forget now), I realized I'd had enough.  It was stupid.  I came to school one day with the idea that we would create an independent team of non-attendees, sign up for the games and then not show up.  A harmless, goofy protest.  My friends agreed and we put up 1 poster: "The Independent Team RULZ!" The "z" put in as part of the mockery.

By the next morning, it had been torn down.

Slightly annoyed, we went to the art room, found  a few more friends and made more ironic posters.  "Join the Independent Team: Be Different" "The Independent Team: We Guarantee We Won't Win!", etc, etc.

Next day: All torn down.

We began to gain more members, equally distressed.  Here we were trying to participate (if ironically) for once and not even having our chance to speak.  We got organized.  People began finding more and more ingenious places to put up posters.  People snuck around at night in the art-rooms, making larger banners--still nothing as large as the banners used by the Leadership class and Jocks, but visible ones.  A writing friend of mine (also a huge, red-haired rugby player) and I came up with a bunch of other ridiculous slogans and put them all up on one large banner--my favourite being "Chimo Days is the Opiate of the Masses." Hilarious.

All of it got torn down in record time.

One guy printed off business cards with little anarchy symbols on them and slogans.  There were now more people involved, people I hadn't mentioned anything too, people I'd barely ever met.  Leadership class members were interogating people on whether they were part of it or not.  'Friendly inquiries.'  From what I heard later with my current partner, even the 'good' kids among the geeks that kept their head down and out of the whole mess had heard of it and were secretly cheering us on.  I started saving time by printing posters off computers in relatively mass quantities.  We went to various unseen places, slipping notes on the inside of display cases, taping posters to the lower part of an upper-level staircase, in numerous innocuous locations.  A guy I knew made a poster that read, "I bet you $20 you'll take this out of my hand before I put it up." -- he started to put it up, and a guy ripped it out of his hand.  "Wait, wait, no--wait, at least look at it! Aw come on."  

All of this, of course was heavily wink-nudge, but others just didn't seem to get it.  By the end of the week, the thing had escalated beyond what I felt comfortable with.  The week was over so we were ready to quit, but some kids who had been excluded even by the freaks and geeks were soaking up their inclusion (thank you Chimo days) against the dumb jocks and even dumber leadership kids, and wanted more.  One guy suggested (to strong approval by some others) that next year they put together a 'fascist club' with strict membership, and really show those others a thing or two.

If Columbine had happened, I would have called it another Columbine waiting to happen.

The next year I deliberately stayed out of things altogether, and the fascist team never started at all, having been forgotten by most people.  But the Chimo days insurgence is still a blemish on that dumb school, and Chimo days has begun to change character.  What a dumb waste of time those 5 years were.

Huhzaa!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk