AGS technical problem - no music!

Started by Flippy_D, Fri 03/10/2003 23:14:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Flippy_D

Okay. I have absolutely no idea why this would be. I've tried the different devices in the setup to no avail, I seem to recall disproving that the net was taking up my soundcard, and nothing else was running when playing the game... basically, I want my tunes, but they won't play.

This problem also occurs in RPGmaker2000, another game engine that uses MIDI.

Any suggestions?

(Windows ME, Sound Blaster AudioPCI)

Migs

I'd just suggest you reinstall and/or update your sound drivers.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Sylpher

1. Midi probobly isn't set up correctly.
2. Win ME is bleh.
3. Isn't this in the wrong forum?

taryuu

i've had problems with my midi files on XP.   winamp and noteworthy composer will play them just fine, but cakewalk and fruityloops can't handle it.  

it may just be the way your cards are configured.  i cant really recommend anything, but to tell you that i've had to suck it up and deal with it.
I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

Flippy_D

Migs: I'll try that.

Slypher: 1. How do I set them up correctly then?
2. I know
3. I wasn't sure. This is AGS chit chat, after all, and it's not to do with making games... but anyway.

ThunderStorm

This probably is the first thing you would think of, but have you checked your mixer's settings? I can remember searching ages before I finally found the MIDI slider being set at 0.  ::)

Sylpher

Heh I don't think the General Forum is a better choice but oh well.

There is a couple things you can do and some of the best have been mentioned. Update your drivers. Make sure none of your audio settings are muted. You may also want to try installing with the default drivers that come with the sound card (Or if worse comes to worse use Win Me's) They may not be up to date but more then likely Midi will work. If it is that important to you..

SSH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk