do you want Grim Fandango 2?

Started by danny*, Sat 04/10/2003 19:23:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Privateer Puddin'

yes, but fade to black was a sequel to that :/

Meowster

Ah yeah, Another World.... But I don't think it was really a sequel, was it? More an ELABORATION, or something. They weren't really the same game at all.

As for 11th hour... I don't think that was a sequel either. But I do remember thinking it was incredibly funny. So bad it was in fact, hilarious.

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Yufster^_^ on Mon 06/10/2003 18:31:15
Flashback II: Fade to Black
OOooo, what happened, Delphine? You fucked up this time! Who would have guessed nobody wanted to see 200 different ways of the player character dying? Looks like you spent too much time focusing on how the player could FUCK UP! So you forgot the ending, huh?

Hahahaha.  I found Fade to Black in a bargain bin and I got all excited.  Then I got it home, popped it in, and played for about 20 minutes before I got bored out of my mind.

As for the ALone in the Dark sequels... I LIKED them!  :)  The third one which took place in the wild west ghost town was especially cool.  

MrColossal

Heart of The Alien was the sequel to Another World or Out of This World depending on the country you live
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Minimi

I had bought this game, Grim Fandango like 2, or 3 weeks ago, and I haven't completed it yet. Didn't had much time to play either, but it sure is a good game. But as far as I can tell... you should only make a sequel if it's neccesary for the story. Like there are some unfinished clues... and otherwise, leave it alone, and keep it holy.

Las Naranjas

11th Hour was a sequel. It was exactly the same as the previous game except there was an annoying hint computer thing and the palette was desturated more for some reason.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

remixor

I haven't bothered to read all the posts in this thread, because I think this exact same thread has actually come up in these forums before, but GF2 would be a terrible idea.  We don't need a sequel to the "best skeleton game" of all time because the first one tied up the story perfectly.  No need to dilute its greatness by turning it into a franchise.

Quote from: Yufster^_^ on Mon 06/10/2003 12:21:377th Guest
This Game Sucked
7th Guest 2
There is a reason there was never a sequel.

...except for The 11th Hour

QuoteKeen 1-4
Yay! Keen!

Yay! Sequels!

QuoteMy EYES, my goddamn EYES, you BASTARDS.Now, while a Grim Fandango 2 COULD work... it's Tims baby, and it's not gonna take the bottle for anybody else. So that's why I say NAY!!! Let's not add it to the list of Great Games with Crap Sequels. Let it remain forever immortal. If anybody else mentions that I haven't played it, I'll snap their necks.  

...says the person who has never played Grim Fandango.

EDIT: Ok, so someone else already pointed out the 11th Hour thing...
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

bspeers100

I think you're all wrong and I'm right!

Helm

WINTERKILL

Matt Brown

I think this officaly Helm's new catch phrase
word up

Privateer Puddin'

but the power of helm compels you is much better  :'(

remixor

Quote from: Teh Pandanator on Tue 07/10/2003 21:09:24
I think this officaly Helm's new catch phrase

Well, it has been half of his last dozen posts.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Scummbuddy

Quote from: rEmiX0r!!11one on Tue 07/10/2003 02:52:49

EDIT: Ok, so someone else already pointed out the 11th Hour thing...

I'm more than just somebody... I'm SCUMMBUDDY  ;)
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

jannar85

They will be producing GF2.. But instead of making it an adventure, they're making it a pc-shooter with dialogues.

But heck, signed anyway.
But I won't buy it if my above statement is correct.
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk