Report from a student room

Started by Andail, Sat 04/10/2003 23:33:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

Bored and ill.
I can't keep track of all funny things I've missed out by being sick this whole damn week. Cold, flu, who knows. I sleep like 14 hours a day but wake up feeling just as bloody ill as always.

I sit and watch our national boxing idol, Paulo Roberto, who is going a match against some argentinian, the match is taking place on Å land (a small island-nation between Finland and Sweden) since professional boxing isn't allowed here.

The Swedish commentators are ecstatic as Paulo walks in the arena, the audience is shouting like mad, everything is so wonderfully patriotic and wild, "This is how it should be in Sweden" says one of the commentators with tears in his eyes.

I pour some whiskey in a little glass, to kill some bacteria in my throat. Don't get any ideas, I never drink alone except in rare occasions, that's a thumbrule that separates us party-drinkers from the alcoholists.

Things get funnier, I forget how bored I am. Not because of the whiskey, I only have a few centilitres. Because of everything
The boxing starts.
Maybe I should say that this Paulo has more attitude than you can shake a stick at. He's in TV here, making silly shows and people love him.
He walks into the ring looking like some movie-star, and in the other corner is this 23-years old argentian boy; I imagine he's a countryboy, never been outside Argentina.

The national hymns are being singed by contestors of the swedish edition of some reality-tv, pop-star or similar. Yeah.

I cheer in my loneliness, sipping some whiskey. Get him, mr Argentian, I shout. And he defenitely does.
Paulo is knocked completely unconcious just like 2 minutes into the game, after having recieved more punches than what an ordinary nintendo beat'em-up-game can offer in auto-fire mode.

I raise my glass to the poor but famous Swede.
Salut. loser!
The commentators are complaining on the judge about something, but I have stopped listening.
I put on "All of my love" by Led Zeppelin and cry a bit, like I always do while listening to that song.

I have the little glass of whiskey in my right hand and in my left, the phonenumber to a beautiful girl (whom I will probably never meet again, let alone kiss). These items are my friends tonight.  

There is a guitar solo in the background, accompanied by excited voices from the TV and when I look in that direction I see our Swedish champion being examined by doctors. He looks like shit.
Another glass for the wonderful world of professional boxing.

On Monday I'll go and see a doctor.
And maybe make a phone call.

Yours truly, Andail

Domino

speaking of boxing, i wish somebody would knock-out our hometown boxer Baby Joe Mesi. This guy never loses, but i'm not a big boxing fan and can't wait until he's lying on his back in the ring. Ding Ding, Knock-out. He needs at least one loss.

Andail, i have been playing The Glorious Realm of Thendor for awhile now, and i have to say I Like It, even though have been stuck and stopped playing, Great Job!!

Shawn

rodekill

So, because you can't stand boxing you can't wait until he gets knocked out?
That's, uh, great.

Shawno
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Domino

it's not that, but they treat this guy like a King. I just really don't find any entertainment in Boxing.

He's good, but not that good.

shawn  :D

rodekill

SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

La Lore

Peter, I allways loved that kind of post of yours... :)

Please, keep on with that stuff, the "Nights at Goteborg" and this one are going to be classics.

Edit: Shit... This post has been made by Farlander... Logged as La_Lore  :'(
Lorena ^_^/~
"Please, do stop" - m0ds

Nacho

Quote from: Andail on Sat 04/10/2003 23:33:49
I pour some whiskey in a little glass, to kill some bacteria in my throat. Don't get any ideas, I never drink alone except in rare occasions, that's a thumbrule that separates us party-drinkers from the alcoholists.

BTW... I am starting to be worried...

There was a bottle of rum in Mittens...

You had half of it.  :o

Just kidding...  :) (About you alcoholism, you´re too smart for that... not kidding about the bottle... you got half of it!)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Heh, I have teh flu aswell.

Echinacea tea is my best buddy now.  and honey. And the PC.
*hugs teh PC real hard and doesn't let go*
No way am I going to lie in bed!
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Pumaman

Hope your cold wears off soon Andail, it's unfortunately just that time of year.

QuoteDon't get any ideas, I never drink alone except in rare occasions, that's a thumbrule that separates us party-drinkers from the alcoholists.

I would just like to interject that there is in fact nothing wrong with drinking alone, and in fact it is healthy to exercise the liver in this way.  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk