Bestowers of Eternity

Started by Dave Gilbert, Sat 04/10/2003 23:38:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Thanks Jason!  That's a good idea about the notebook.  I'll see if I can implement that.  I'm a coding moron - it took forever to get that notebook working properly as it is.  :)

cornjob

I've done that before... in repeatedly_execute, add something like:
Code: ags

if (the journal gui is on)

if (mouse.x>right edge of gui || mouse.y>lower edge of gui || mouse.x<top edge of gui ... well, you get the idea)

then, turn off journal gui.

Hm, this might only work with non-blocking guis...

Anyway, Dave, great game. I've really been enjoying it so far though I haven't gotten to the end because, as you know, I'm terrible at solving puzzles. But the writing is great; I love it.

Elianto

Dave I'm only at the start but I can say that your game is really good.. thank you!!!

Now I need some help  ???

Spoiler
I've the whistle and I've searched in the file cabinet now what i've to do?
[close]

Please write a deep description... i've tried anything I could think about...(and I've checked the previous helps)

Dave Gilbert

Cornjob: Thanks!  I'll see about implementing that in part two...

Elianto:
Spoiler

If you read the file from the cabinet, you must have "two for heaven" in your notebook.  What do you think that means?  Remember that she was mumbling the word and wasn't speaking very clearly.  Maybe she wasn't actually SAYING "two for heaven," but something else close to that?

Did you get the book from the library?
[close]

Gold Dragon

Hey Man Awsome game!!!!    ;D ;D ;D

got a Question

Spoiler
how do I search the doc. files?
[close]
Want to see how I am doing and how far I've gotten in my game? Visit my forum  http://www.freepowerboards.com/DragonKnight

Dave Gilbert

Sorry for the delay Gold Dragon.  I'm guessing you solved this by now, but here's a hint:

Spoiler

The answer lies with something you're carrying.  Specifically, your watch.
[close]

Goldmund

Dave. Top notch.
Another game in the glorious tradition established by Ratracer, the path I'm also trying to follow.
I especially loved the evil carousel element - it is a masterful touch, you made the player feel scared and intrigued with very subtle means.

And - heh - how far has Griff gone from his famous poseresque drives through new york looking for eyes of jade sphinx...

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Goldmund on Wed 12/11/2003 02:29:34
And - heh - how far has Griff gone from his famous poseresque drives through new york looking for eyes of jade sphinx...

He drove on and on and finally ended up in Reality on the Norm.  And there he stayed...

Glad you liked it Goldmund.  :-)

Snake

Dave, brilliant game. I'm loving it so far, only got to Day 2, but I definately plan on not letting this one be forgotton in my AGS games folder ;)

I love the atmosphere, the music and specifically the dialogue. You've got awesome writing skills :) I'd love to work with you on something one day.

Great game!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Squinky

Yeah, I played up to day two, but then oddly got a weird bug that wouldn't let me load a saved game....

But I'll tell you I really dug it so far. For a guy with a creepy avatar (heh) you tell a good story. And really thats the best point of this game to me, the story.

Top notch stuff....

Dave Gilbert

Hi Squinky,

A weird bug?  What happened exactly?  Did the problem repeat itself?

Snake: Thanks!  :-)

-Dave

Squinky

I had saved on day two and quit for awhile. When I came back it gave me an error message upon trying to load my game:

Error: SetActiveInventory, player dosen't have that inventory or something like that...

Dose it everytime...
It's probably just one of those weird bugs that you can't really do much about though, and since no one else has reported it, it may just be my retarded computer.

Anyways, good luck, and the game rocks...

Dave Gilbert

Odd...

Does it do that everytime you save and reload?  Or just when you reload that specific saved game?

-Dave

Squinky

Just that one. I overwrote all my previous saves, but they did all work fine up to that point. I haven't been able to see if it would do it with another saved game, since I haven't tried playing again since then...

BerserkerTails

Dave: Excellent game! The plot has got me very intrigued for the next part, which will hopefully not take too long *GLARES*.

Kidding. But seriously, the graphics were really impressive, along with the music, which fit the mood perfectly. Unfortunatley on my computer (Don't know if this is for all), the music liked the get... What's the word to describe this... Distorted as it got loud/high. This made for a unpleasant experience as I reached to turn the volume down.

Other than that, the game was perfect! I can't wait for Part 2!

P.S., the dog barking in the park scared my cat, nice sound effects, hehe.
I make music.

PureGhostGR

I am anxious to see what happens next. The story managed to grip me from the start, because it was elegantly told.

The indian woman character has quite a persona, even though her part is small, in fact all the characters have quality, and that is very hard to find even in commercial games.

I found the letters very well written (so much that it managed to create some sort of empathy with the members of the family) I think it is a pity we don't get to see them somehow (perhaps a playable childhood memory in part 2?).. that would be nice. You actually made me feel pity for the mother. -very crafty of you-

Beautiful game. I am very curious to see how you will conclude this great story.

Excellent work! :)

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Rats, I never got around to posting in this thread.

Thanks everyone who said they liked the graphics. I'll be sure to remember you in my will. ^_^/*

Let me grab credit for drawing the Nishanti sprite in addition to redoing most of the backs.  ;)

* OneThinkingGal and ._. grabs and runs

Dave Gilbert

OTG drew most of the graphics, but has yet to play the game itself.  :P

"Get a move on" glare received and acknowledged, BerserkerTails.  I took a bit of a break, since I was starting to see Rosa, Joey and Nishanthi in my sleep.  It'll probably be done next year sometime.

I had the same problem with the music.  Nobody else commented on it so I thought it was just my computer.  Has anybody else experienced this?

Pet Terry

I had the same problem with music, it was pretty annoying. Didn't happen every time though.

But great game, great plot, graphics etc. etc. :P
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

iniciado24

I think you must have spend so much time doing this game but
it is very good in quality and content. It's a little difficult at first
but its in general a very good game, congratulations keep doing
some good games like this

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk