Carver Island 2

Started by Grundislav, Tue 07/10/2003 07:10:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Grundislav

As promised, here's the 2nd game in the Carver Island trilogy.  It's a bit longer than the 1st one, but still lacks hotspots and skipping cutscenes, so patience is a virtue for those playing.

Anyway, enjoy!

http://www.agagames.com/grundislav/games/carver2.zip

minataure

Sooo happy! Downloading now...

Nostradamus

Downloading it too however won't play it until I finish Carver Island 1. And for that I need your help cos I'm stuck. So please answer my question in the Carver Island 1 thread.

evilspacefart

Nice!
But the inability to skip the rather lengthy intro makes it hard for me to play as often as I wish.

minataure

I agree about the intro, still it's a nice story and I put up with the intro problem.
I'm stuck already.
Spoiler
I have the hat, the art supplies, the list from the voodoo lady, the shovel, the black shroud, the screwdriver sth with which I opened a hole in the bathroom, and made the tortilla and gave it to the voodoo lady. Now, what do I do to anger the man to get him on tape???
[close]

Grundislav

Spoiler
Go to the beach and get the glass from the pile on the right side of the screen, then fill it up with water in the bathroom and use it on the hole you made in the floor
[close]

Timosity

It's good of you to release these old games you made Grundislav,
I enjoyed the first one, and the second is going nicely. It's a little harder I think, well it is so far cause I'm stuck.

Spoiler
I notice from a previous post there is a screwdriver, I've looked everywhere, but no luck, also I can't find a history book to give to the guard,  I'll keep trying any way. can't get into the filing cabinet either
[close]

minataure

Spoiler
I found the screwdriver thingy just lying on something, I don't remember exactly, I think on some boxes in the room with the three teachers. As far as the file cabinet is concerned, just ask the woman next to it. Now, what about that history book???? I can't find one anywhere... I also have a new quest and don't know where to start! Where are those people I am supposed to talk to about the ship or about Ms Rodriquez???
[close]

ida

Spoiler
Is it necessary to get into the filing cabinet in the main office? If so, how  ???, as I can't reach it and I've exhausted conversations with the prinicipal next to it?
[close]

Grundislav

Spoiler
The file cabinet is of no importance.  As far as the new quest, go talk to the people in the Coral Reef office after you get Mr. Lindo fired.
[close]

Ginny

Great game once again Grundislav! Definetly harder though ;)
I'm stuck:
Spoiler
I have found a bribe and the proof of misconduct, but can't figure out what I need for a Contact Localizer and what is close to the heart... I have a hat, a shovel, the funeral shroud, the art supplies, the voodoo list and the screwdriver/bottle-opener thingy.. help? :P
[close]
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Grundislav

GinnyW:

Spoiler
Have you talked with Mrs. Haun on the first floor?  She tells you what Mr. Lindo is afraid of.  Make sure you get the handle from the plunger in the bathroom.  Now take a look at what you've got...anything that can be combined to make something scary?
[close]

Hope that helps!

tootsie69

??? The Secret of Carver Island was great- I've just started Carver 2 but I'm lost ---------- I can't find the screwdriver or the shroud- the shovel won't interact in the graveyard where have I gone wrong????????????

Ginny

Yep, thanks Grundislav ;) I hadn't realised I could just take the handle.

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Ginny

edit: gah, damn explorer.. Well, I'd better make some use of this post..

tootsie:

Spoiler
Have you clicked on the tombstone or on the ground?
As for the screwdriver, you'll find it by accident when it's appropriate :)
[close]

minataure

Okay, Im in part 2 and I'm totally stuck! This is one difficult game!
Spoiler
I've found the teddy and completed the Harvard application thing so I just have the monkey problem now to get the fin which is the only part I'm missing for the silver cuba. I've got the shovel, the bottle-opener, the pliers, a CI shirt, a potato peeler, a skinned grape, an Elvis concard, the mints, and a fishing pole. I've talked to everyone multiple times. Now what???????
[close]

Artphreak555

Okay, this game is pretty difficult

SPOILER BELOW

i did the muerte on the stick thing, got the book, flag, and i gave them along with the bribe to the voodoo chick...where the hell is the screwdriver and the history book and how to i tape this guy?? I have the video recorder and video, a glass of nasty water, and the paint pallete...what now?

Mir

Ehm... yeah... Hi... Holland here:-\
I'm looking for that screwdriver thing for about half an hour now AND I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE!!!
Guess i'm overlooking something again.

What i'm really trying to say is:

HELP! i'm so desperate! HELP!

tootsie69

Spoiler
u have to load video camera with tape and use it in the reef coral office on the boxes w hole and out pops a cork screw!!!!
[close]

AGA

minataure

Hey, what about me??? Has anyone reached part 2 yet? Look at my previous post. I'm seriouisly stuck! :'(

AGA

Check the previous post  :P

tootsie69

Just finished playing Caerver2 it was great - I only got stuck twice. So when will you be letting us get on with the adventure, how long before tou treat us to Carver Island 3??????

Can't wait

Artphreak555

I WANT CARVER ISLAND THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

minataure

HEY! WHAT DO I DO WITH THE MONKEY? I KEEP ASKING IN MY PREVIOUS POSTS... PLEASE HELP!

Monkeybrains

This is a great game and so was the first one, I hope you release number three soon. :)

minataure: click the word Bam! in the post by AGA on the first page.

minataure

Thanks so much!  Great game!!!!!!!!!!!

Nostradamus

Very entertaining game. All the "borrowed" stuff from MI2 makes it really interesting.
I need help, something's weird:
Spoiler
In part 4, I opened the big red doors with the machette, but I can't enter! neither walking nor clicking "use" on it works!
[close]

Grundislav

Yeah, that's a problem with the walkable areas.  Just click the walk icon above the emergency exit sign or higher up and you should be fine.

-

I checked the both games in the last weeks and played them until the end.

Can you just promise me something. If you make a third game, please make a menu before the intro. If I have seen a intro one time, it`s really enough, it would be better to load the old savegame before watching the intro again.

The rest is great. Especially the second MI-Game, which always was the best in the series... it`s nice to see a funny rip-off of it.

But if you want to also make this with the third game, I will remember nothing of that game, since I surely have forgotten the story and everything of it. I haven`t played "The curse of Monkey Island" (was that the title of MI3 or was it MI4?) more than one or two times, since it wasn`t very good and the graphics were just so much better in MI2  :)   .  Better do your own graphics for part 3.

peter

Are this 2 games still to download anywhere  ??

Ben Jordan Fan

Does anyone know where to download Carver island 2?
The link on this site doesnt work.

Plz help me out i would appreciate that very much,

Thx

Ben Jordan Fan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk