What is wrong with me

Started by jetxl, Wed 08/10/2003 12:44:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Meowster

Yeah, he doesn't have many First Person Shooters or RPGs.

jannar85

Same with me. I've downloaded a dozens AGS games, bought Syberia, The Mystery of the Druids, and The Last Express - and have I finished them? Nooo! I've just played Syberia and the AGS games a bit (!).

The only games I've completed would be CSI and Runaway for the past couple of months.

I haven't even completed a lot of games in my collection!
I'm a failure as a pirate...

um... gamer.
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

AGA

Esseb, don't claim innocence, I've spent the last month in your bedroom, and you know it.

eVOLVE

Whenever I get a new game, I always have to play it right away... I used to always read the manuals fully before starting it at all, but that's changed recently... I guess when I was younger it would be the kind of thing that would take my attention on the car journey home, but now I play so many games that I just don't really have time to read the manual unless I come across something that I couldn't work out without it. Infact, many of the games I play, I don't have the manuals to (no, not because of warez or anything like that, but because I'm a games reviewer and many press copies have no manual with them - another reason why I play so many games).

Strangely though I do try and get through all of the games I play, at least if only once, even after I've reviewed it if it's an especially long game. I'd say 95% of the games I play I complete, and the other 5% are probably vague about the 'ending' or just so bad that I can't wait to leave them alone after I've played it enough to review it.

Quite a lot more modern games have in-game tutorials now though, so you rarely are required to read the manual either. Even the complicated Final Fantasy games tend to have some kind of tutorial system in-game that can guide you quite successfully through.

I'll shut up now, especially since I'm just putting off writing up my review of another game that I really should get written tonight.
James 'eVOLVE' Hamer-Morton

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk