well then... i wonder what's next for lucasarts

Started by MrColossal, Fri 10/10/2003 09:07:56

Previous topic - Next topic

MrColossal

"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Trapezoid

Oh no! quaaaaaaaack.
I liked him. There have been a lot more original projects started under him than the last guy.

Punch

Maybe he was upset about FT2 being cancelled too...

I like him as well. He said he was dedicated to making adventure games. :(

- Punch

m0ds

Shame. They should make a point and click adventure.

I think you should have left your name off that flash animation though, Trapezoid :p

m0ds

TheYak

Inside scoop?  I haven't even started work yet.. and I'll be guarding an empty (for now) location.. and I work for Lucas Digital (Skywalker Sound & ILM), not LucasArts   :(  

Anyway, who's this Mike Nelson?  Mike Nelson of MST3k fame? ;)

Evil

"..return to his native England..."

I never under stood how these types of senteces are correct. Those bastard english teachers, always screwing with our minds. Oh well. I shale return to my native couch...

rodekill

I'm willing to bet there are a couple of StarWars games next for Lucasarts.

Maybe one or two.

Dozen.

Per month.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Dan2552

Domino

I am just wondering if he was displeased in the direction the company was going in.  It seems that most, but not all of LucasArts console games were met with somewhat lousy reviews and poor sales.  Maybe he was more into the adventure game genre, and not into all the other games LA has been publishing lately.

The PS2 game, RTX Red Rock was ripped apart by video game mags and recieved poor scores.  I also read in a magazine that Full Throttle was cancelled due to the fact that the game was no fun. (this was a quote from a LucasArts employee.)

I am probably wrong about this, but you never know about the actions of somebody else.

Shawn

Miez

Privateer Puddin'

don't forget they are already making one in sam n max 2

Privateer Puddin'

well, lucasarts said it wont have the same controls as GF/EMI, they didnt want the the whole turning 360 thing any more ( couldnt remember what interview, but they said it ) so i imagine its back to some kinda point and click

Miez

I stand corrected - nine words:

snowball in hell with kickass cooling system built in.

remixor

Quote from: Evil on Fri 10/10/2003 21:43:52
"..return to his native England..."

I never under stood how these types of senteces are correct. Those bastard english teachers, always screwing with our minds. Oh well. I shale return to my native couch...

It's because he is a native of England...
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Esseb

So is the US his non-native England then? I'd understand if it was "native country".

Czar

yakspit, didnt know you worked in some George Lucas related company, you made a thread about it,right?
about the resign, i'm sorry to hear that, it seemed to me that this was the real one, as he could see the difference between a good game and a poor game that has been pushed so much that everybody thinks its a good game, if yall know whatimean.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk