Return to Carver Island - Now With Teaser Trailer!

Started by Grundislav, Sun 12/10/2003 22:14:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Grundislav

The last game in the trilogy, the one that I've been working on for the better part of 2 years, the game that will probably be impossible to distribute over the internet due to its size, it's...

RETURN TO CARVER ISLAND (aka Carver Island 3)

This game takes place roughly 2 years after the events depicted in Carver Island 2. Francisco is now a senior in high school, completing his IB exams in order to graduate. However, all is not well, as Mrs. Rodriguez returns from the dead a third time, now hell-bent on becoming principal of Carver Island.  Can Francisco save the day a third time? More importantly, can he graduate high school?

FEATURING
640x480 high color graphics!
Fully animated characters and cutscenes!
Voice Acting!
Feeble attempts at comedy!

SCREENSHOTS

waffer

Looks great, and it sounds like the story is really entertaining  :D. Is that Mrs. Rodriguez on the right side of the first screenshot?? She looks terrible  ;)
Where can I download the two previous games??

Mats Berglinn

I almost thought that it was going to be TOO similiar to the MI series because of that the other games were spin-offs of MI 1 and 2. I thought that if I didn't see the title I would believe the game would have the name The Curse of Carver Island. Good that you haven't ripped any of the backgrounds for CMI, it would be too much spin-off. But is Mrs. Rodriguez going to become a demon teacher with flaming hair, just like LeChuck? And are you sure that it's gonna be a triology? I thought you would do a "Four-logy" or "five-logy", but then again, Fransico doesn't have a girl-friend so it makes a bit of since. I hope this will be better than the last one (it wasn't bad but still).

Timosity

Looking good Grundislav, I like the transition between the graphics of the games, I can see a great improvement in your art over the last few years.

I like how you've made similar styles in comparison to each of the first 3 MI's, and how you've progressively incorporated your own art more and more with each game. It's obviously been a great learning experience in many areas.

keep up the good work and I can't wait to play it.

~Tim

BerserkerTails

Looks great Grundislav! I've heard talk of the first Carver Island games, but I've never actually played them myself. Looks like I have something to do later today...  ;D
I make music.

Grundislav

Bump!

It's been a while so I might as well provide a progress report on the game.

So far, I'd say it's about 95% complete.  

- Of the 5 "parts" to the game, 3 are complete, part 4 is one puzzle away from being done, and part 5 still needs a bit of work.

- The speech.vox file is 241MB at the moment, with over 2000 lines of dialog, but several characters still need to be given a voice.

- Still missing a few musical cues and animations.

- Cutscenes (the most tedious part since I'm doing them in Flash) are about 50% done.

So, I'll try my best to get my ass in gear and finish this monster soon.  This is indeed probably going to be Grundislav's magnum opus.

Ghormak

Quote from: Grundislav on Sun 21/03/2004 17:27:02
This is indeed probably going to be Grundislav's magnum opus.

Aren't we forgetting something?

On a serious note: yay! Deliver the goods!
Achtung Franz! The comic

BerserkerTails

Hahahahaha!

But seriously, like I said, I can't wait to play this one! I've since played the other two Carver Islands, and they were awesome.

Hopefully, you'll give us a title screen, or the ability to skip through the intro's this time :p
I make music.

Grundislav

In lieu of a demo, I've made a little teaser trailer for CI3, just to let you all know I AM working on it.

http://www.agagames.com/grundislav/ci3trailer.zip

Pet Terry

Pretty nice, I like your voice. Music was a bit too loud but I managed to understand what you said. Made me more excited about this game btw!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

rookworm3

Haha, I did IB back in the days....

Where have I seen that night-time background before?

Czar

And I presume Carver Island 4 will be 3D?
lol, i hope no one said that before me.
:)
Very nice lookin, and 11% in DL-ing the teaser (11 MB !!).
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

DanClarke

looks interesting this one, i'll make sure i get it when youre finished.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk