Apocolyse : Vel - October MAGS entry

Started by foz, Mon 13/10/2003 16:55:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Vel

*Downloading*

As much as you'd like me to say some shit on the game, Ill probably get someone lese to do the review.

Vel

Just played it. Now I know you made this game to offend me - And guess what? Your effort has been in vain. I am not offended - it was a good game. Though lots o' typos. Not bad. If you make a serious game someday, I'll play it.

Timosity

Spoiler
just one controversial part, when you have the melted tyre, and you try to give it to the scientist, it says it should be flesh coloured, now I'm sure you're aware that skin colour comes in quite a variety of shades, maybe you should just re-word it.
[close]

Minimi

I just finished the game... because last night I couldn't find the tire ;)
This game roxorz!! The ending is sooo cool, and untill now I like all your games very much. I made me really laugh, that phone ringing at the end ....ReMiXoR!! GREAT GREAT GREAT! In my opinion is this game far better than buccaneer, but maybee it's just my taste, as Vel said, that his taste is really different than mine ;)

remixor

I agree, the ending was brilliant (not that I'm biased or anything, of course)  :)
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Pet Terry

Heh, silly game :P

This is good one, really good work in such a small time. I even liked this one more than Flashbax. Although the best MAGS game is still Who killed Kenny Rogers? in my opinion.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Vel

Buccaneer still holds the lead in my list.

Paranoia

good game,  so much so i might not bother with mine! :P
i dunno whats gone on between vel, foz & co, if its ment as a dig its done in a light hearted, tastful way.
the ending was really good, nice touch ;D

foz

The game was very tongue in cheek as a result of vel`s harsh review of flashbax.......
I can take critism but i thought vel still has a problem with the risky parts which clouded his outlook of the game......

As a result lots of banter which on my part(is in a playful way...)

went to and fro...

I made this as i liked the subject this month and i wanted to show vel.....
a recent winner of mags.....that a better standard than 3 rooms no puzzles crap interface ....could be achieved in a short time.

I think vel takes things to heart and thats the way he comes across....

I made this for a laugh and did`nt result to some of the ideas i could of used.......

Like the bit where he`s computers blown up....he says:

i `ll have to find something else to do with my spare time.......

(I refrained from the obligatory wanking scene)......flashbax is my smutty game and thats where that sort of thing will stay ....

Vel you should understand this game has a little dig a you but not much.

Your the main character for f*** sake.....and also the part at the end ......

Did remixoor kill him.......i left that for you guys to decide thats why you did`nt see anything.......

I know theres still time left,but i will only be bug fixing from now till the deadline...That stories been told. short and sweeet..

Thanks for all your feedback......i`m glad to hear my work was worthwhile....

Ps  VEL  the public are who to listen to.......the numbers speak for themselves.
          Apocolypse vel  -  65 downloads in a day
         Recess                -72 in 3 months

foz

Quote from: Tìmosíty on Tue 14/10/2003 11:42:10
Spoiler
just one controversial part, when you have the melted tyre, and you try to give it to the scientist, it says it should be flesh coloured, now I'm sure you're aware that skin colour comes in quite a variety of shades, maybe you should just re-word it.
[close]

I could have used chocolate ice cream....or custard ...or .....i can`t think....when i did that part i knew someone would say what you said..    
foz

Vel

Foz, I added recess to the ags games page 2 weeks ago. And the ags ezine gets WAY more downloads than any mags game. Anyway, this game is good, and I will most probably vote for it.

foz

Ahh vel i`ve been waiting for you.......

foz

I am very pleasantly suprised that you said......

"Anyway, this game is good, and I will most probably vote for it. "

I think you have to agree i have`nt gone out to completely give ya shit......

Its a subltle dig.....

At the moment it appears that its a one horse race ....i was hoping for some other games in this month....10 days to go...

fOz

Vel

I aint the type of guy who'd say that Sam and max, for example, is shit or something.

Alexis Vale

Well done, foz! How long have you been using AGS? Your graphics are very nice, in my opinion. A few grammer mistakes, but I'm a grammer lover. Quick game with nice graphics. I look forward to your future games, which reminds me: I still have to finish playing FlashBax. Heh. Good October MAGS entry.

It was fun to play as Vel. I always wanted to be a hot popular guy with a grey hat. Though, the personality doesn't seem much like him.

Vel's rug disappears and reappears.

Dave Gilbert

I just downloaded and played this last night.  I only one thing to say.

ha ha ha ha ha haa ha ha ha ha haa!!!!!

EXCELLENT work here, Foz.  The graphics, the animation and even the user interface just ooze quality.  The humor and the oh-so-subtle digs at AGS community members were nicely done.  I've never played Flashbax, but I think I'll be checking that out soon.

jaz

Well,
downloaded it... played it.... liked it much.
I was impressed that something like this could be done within less than two weeks. You sure seem to have great gamemaking skills!

Double thumbs up foz!

BTW: check your PM ;)

GarageGothic

Beautiful work. Loved it, and didn't come across a single bug. I haven't played that many, but this is by far the best MAGS game I've seen! In fact, puzzle wise, I found this better than Flashbax. Sure, it was easy, but the pacing was great. I love your graphics, those colors are just so intense, and the character designs are wonderful.

Cheers!
GG

foz

Cheers garagegothic
I`m glad you liked........
Nice paintings on dr lectors wall don`t you think...?

I have just uploaded the last version....of A:Vel....
With 3 more rooms and extra stuff as promised.....the deadline is near and i don`t think theres anything more to add.....

I`ve had fun and found this game just fell together on its own almost..
Nice break from the other stuff i `ve been working on..

Laters............
fOz....

Matt Brown

cool! it makes fun of Vel!  :P

r0x0r! Downloading!

word up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk