robbed

Started by rodekill, Thu 16/10/2003 04:40:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

Man that bites Rode ...

I had a punk break into my car once and stole a shit load of CDs.

I didn't tell the cops though, because you're right ... on the whole they don't do shit.

A buddy of mine heard somebody braggin' about breakin' into a car so we cornered him and beat some sense into him.  But it wasn't my car he had broken into!  Oops.

Be VERY careful about setting that trap.  There was a shop owner in LA a few years ago who, after several robberies, set a trap.  A kid was killed trying to break in because of the trap and the shop owner was convicted of manslaughter and is still in jail.

I think setting a trap is a good idea ... but just don't rig a shot gun to the door or anything lethal like that :)

my condolences man.

darthMANDARB

JD

QuoteAnd yeah, I understand the theory behind it. There are too many robberies to investigate blah blah, but I mean, wouldn't the fact that punks know that these crimes aren't investigated only lead to more robberies?

Reminds me of something that was on the news here a while ago. It was about people not paying at the gas station after they've filled up their tank. They would just drive away. And they said on the news that the police wouldn't do a damn thing about it. And after this was on the news, the amount of people not paying but just driving away after tanking increased with 50%. Hooray for the police!

TheYak

I can understand why many crimes go uninvestigated.  There are so many crimes and not enough manpower to check them all out.  That said, I've had the following impressions of police:

They take care of their own (or if you apprehend shoplifters for a department store, they also have a sort of kinship with you).

They are generally unsympathetic.  With good reason, I guess.  You can't become emotionally involved with every victim.  

There are good ones and bad ones..  I've had some great experiences and some not so.  A good friend of mine was married, had a kid and her husband beat & threatened the both of them. (The guy hit a 4 year-old kid!) The police did nothing about it after repeated complaints.  The only thing they did was show up at the house and ask the guy about it.  Of course, he said it was a misunderstanding, an accident, blah, blah...  Turned out later, his brother is a cop on the city's police force.  That's justice for you.  Thankfully, she finally managed a divorce and thanks to a women's shelter, feels relatively safe.

Privateer Puddin'

wow, i don't know whats worse.. the fact you lost limited edition stuff or the fact that the police won't do anything about it.

Pumaman

What pisses me off is that the police never have time to investigate burglaries, yet they seem to have plenty of time to sit at the side of the road with a speed camera just waiting for someone to stray 1 mph above the limit. The system is corrupt.

Domino

years ago, i had my car broken into and items stolen, and the cops didn't even seem to care.  The thief smashed my back window and grabbed whatever they could. I was pissed, but there was nothing i could do.  Maybe its the Police who are committing all the crimes??  ;)

Sorry Rode about what happened.

Shawn

foz

Sorry to hear what happened....

The police are useless....
Where i live the crime rate has soured.......
Guess the reason why.....

The POLICE STATION closes at 5 p.m

Yes you read that right.......
Its not like i live in a small village ....i live in a borough of greater london....
The nearest police station os 18 miles away....

And their response time is 3 hours later....

I just hope i don`t need them.....or have the back luck rode did..

The charles bronson approach seems to be the way forward......

Laters fOz

CB..

yep i agree..if burgulary assault and any other similar acts were persued with the same tenacity as a parking offence ,then there would be less crime all round...the police not investigating, or following up, on a burgulary because theyre are too many to cover, and not enough man power/money to go round ; is like saying i wont wear shoes today because i can't find my socks...

Quickstrike

Rode:

This brings up the ag old question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?"

My friend's house was burglarized.  The guy struck in the afernoon.  He broke open the basement door, (the house had a way into there from the outside,) went up stairs, stole all their video games, and encountered my friend's dad.  The guy ran like hell.  He was caught, but he sold some of their crap on the black market for drugs. So, they only got some back.  

Bottom line, crooks suck.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Pet Terry

Aww man, that really sucks.

Here where I live there's a police who is really into his job. My class friend's father was riding his bicycle and this police came and stopped him because he was going too fast. Then once, this police's neighbours had a garden parties (or something like that) and they invited this police. So, he left the parties early and said that it must be quiet at the 10.00pm. Parties went on, and the next morning there was a ticket in their mailbox. This police has even gave a ticket to his wife.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Matt Brown

bummer rode. getting stuff stolen sucks

When I lived in New Mexico, I got robbed once. This guy smashed a window, stole our TV, Video recorder, and (get this), my Pog Collection. Turns out there was this place down the road where they paid you 50 cents per pog. Thats pretty sad. The cops did nothing about it other the dust around our house looking for fingerprints and making a mess. (they ruined a couple of our library books with fingerprint crap...so we had to buy teh book too!)

Cops Suck Story number 2:

One night, the college kids next door had a huge party. They were all out boozing way into the night, (and they were all underage). by 3 AM, we got pissed, cause we couldnt sleep, so we called the cops. the cops got there at 4 FREAKIN 30!! (like that they get that many calls at 3). All he did was make them go inside.

Then...here's the kicker. the guys got mad. so they began to shoot fireworks. At my house. Luckily, they were too drunk to hit it, but if they had, it would have caught on fire. We told the cops about this too. Nothing.

lovely. Our nation's finest! To serve and protect my arse
word up

Flippy_D

Man, I don't know what else I can add, but you really seem to have the worst of luck. It shouldn't happen to a decent guy. As for C_leks, that was hilarious: "I got one of their hats". Hee hee hee.

In keeping with the situation though, that's really crap, you don't deserve that kind of stuff.

jannar85

Sorry to hear that... Can't you investigate on your own? It's like.. Being in its own adventure game :D CSI :D
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Miez

Bit late - but still - that sucks Rode! It sucks the donkey's earlobes. If it was a household appliance it would be one of them bagless vacuumcleaners. That's how sucky this is.  :(

Gemmalah

Oh, it's rough, all of you.
what do the police get paid to do again?

I was out with my little brother on our bikes and some guys, in fact a whole bunch of them came and attacked us. I distracted them and told my brother to ride away, (his bike cost more) but he still ended up with something sharp in his back and my bike got broken.
my brother could name three of them and I could name one. but because there were no whitnesses (over 18) they did nothing even though we came out of it brused and stuff with a broken bike.
Like i'd do that myself for fun ect...
Dragon Slayers demo finally finishedGet it here!

Scummbuddy

Wha?  How can little kids condem a nursery school person for physically abusing them?  Theyre not over 18.  Is it just because that is sexual abuse with children that we overlook that 18year old witness thing, or could you press charges anyways to those who hurt you?
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

auhsor

Woah, the people next door got broken into last night. So thats pretty scary, as the only thing thats been stolen of mine before were some bikes a few years ago.

Barcik

Man, that sucks.

I couldn't fail to notice that many of you have been robbed. Is it such a serious problem where you live, because I can hardly say that I know many people who were robbed.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Mr Jake

That really suks :(

I got mugged the other day *like 2 weekends ago) didnt even bother calling the cops, called my Mates and I got my stuff back  as they confronted the drunk and he ran off, then we got in a jeep (my mates dad driving as he was there too) and the 6 off us went after him :) that was a good night :)

remixor

Did you beat his ass?
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk