Need help!

Started by Jimi, Fri 17/10/2003 20:39:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimi

Normally, i don't care about telling people things. But I've had one thing on my mind for a year, and I've actually feared telling people.

My mum and dad haven't been getting on. But its been getting worse. This might seem evil, but I actually WANTED them to get divorced. But I felt a bit better a few minutes ago when my mum told me she's considering it.

But I'm finding it really hard. Like I have no one to talk to. I read something about Jonny Depp (sp?) and he said his parents used to fight, and he wanted them to get divorced. It occured to me that I'm not alone.

So, have any of you had this sort of experience, or have any advice? even if its a few words, it will be GREATLY aprieciated.

Thanks.

my parents have been divorsed for 4 and a half years now. I didn't want that in the beginning, but it's for the best of everyone. I think my dad's a stalker... anyway, it's not cruel to want their parents to get divorsed if they're not getting along.
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

remixor

My parents just told me a couple months ago that they have been divorced for 8 years and never told my brother and me.  I've been away at school for a couple years now so it's sort of distant from me, but still very odd.  My mom is finally moving out and marrying another guy, and I'm happy for her.  When I was a kid I always kind of wished they'd divorce because my dad is a bit of an asshole and he really created a lot of unhappiness in the family.  If you have looked at the situation and you determine it's for the best, then you'll be better off dealing with it in the long run.  Best of luck.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Jimi

Thanks. It helped alot. A woman came around today, I think she was one of those people who tell you how much your house is worth.

anyway, thanks.

Ghostmaker

So whats the house worth.

But seriously, if u dont have a close friend to turn to, im sure thier are phone lines or councler's around u can contact, dont be afraid, they dont make judgments, even if your a phyco-path (im sure your not) they can make things feel better.
So, this is AGS, i have seen more amature

Nine Toes

I never had to worry about this kind of thing because I haven't seen my dad in since I was two (nineteen years ago).  All I know about him is his name, I have a few photographs of him, and I have a few blurry memories (mostly of him yelling at me).  He never sent me a birthday card, never called or tried to visit, he's only paid his child support once.

My mom says he's probably living up in Michigan by the rest of his family, and that he's a big herion addict.  Funny thing is, his mom and dad live in Wausau, WI (that's an hour from me)... I could just go see them and ask them what I want to know, but...

So I've spent the majority of my life growing up in a house full of women.  I had a stepdad, but he was an asshole and all he ever did was work and sleep, so I guess he might as well not have been around either.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand... that is a really screwed up situation.  But I suppose, your parents probably just wanted you and your brother to grow up happy instead of in a broken home, that's why they kept the whole thing quiet.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Gemmalah

Poor you, I nearly cried. :'(
But single parent familys are fun, my mum has lots of friends who help us out.
The divorce was a shock for me at first, was a great excuse not to do homework, but since then life went a little downhill. My little bro had to go to boarding school, he's autistic and theres no local schools that will teach him. My big sister ran away, wonder where she is, does anyone know a Joanne Ebsworth, with black/ dark brown hair.

But even though I miss all these people, I'm happy, me my mum and my other little brother. (we talk about computer games all day)

So if something does happen as long as you have one or two people around that love you, it will all be fine.
Dragon Slayers demo finally finishedGet it here!

SSH

I'm afraid that I don't have any empathic story to share, but I did a quick google:

http://www.childsupportservice.org/
http://www.itsnotyourfault.org/
http://www.lcd.gov.uk/family/leaflets/splitting-english/07.htm
http://www.childline.org.uk/  (or call 0800 1111)

Some seem to be aimed at a slightly different situation to yours, but I'm sure that you could still phone and talk to them.

Hope this helps. Sorry if I missed the mark.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk