Astranded - MAGS OCTOBER ENTRY -

Started by PureGhostGR, Tue 21/10/2003 15:00:30

Previous topic - Next topic

PureGhostGR

Greetings,

I am finally done working on this. It still needs work in various areas, but I am happy enough to release this version.

-a screenshot-

Geocities Download:
850KB astranded.zip
(right click & Save Target As)

AGS Download:
850KB astranded.zip
(right click & Save Target As)

Do tell me what you think, especially about the dialogues since I worked on fixing them over and over.
Remember, this is a first for me, so if some animations don't look top-notch, I promise to improve with time.

Also if you spot a flaw (heh.. like thats hard to happen) point it out for me to fix.

Much kudos to Chris Jones for the engine.

Have Fun.

foz

Excellent....at last another entry for this month.....

The screenie looks good...

Can`t get d/load to work ....even save as target don`t work..

Laters..

fOz

Minimi

Yupz, the screenie does look good, but you it seems that the file brings up too much data for geocities, so I suggest you to find another host.

big brother

Dude, you got busted by Geocities. Just thought you might want to know.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Hobbes

Not on my side.... I just downloaded it perfectly.

Only got to play it for 5 minutes... but it looks & plays great!! I'll tell you more later once I've got a chance to fully explore this beauty.

Timosity

Wow PureGhostGR, that is a stunning game, very impressive

The art is fantastic, and I love the animated inventory opening, very slick

It is quite short, and the puzzles are fairly easy, but that doesn't really take much away from the game, but this is a mags game.

I look very much forward to seeing something you can spend more than a few weeks on, And I hope you make this game longer after the competition is over.

Keep up the top work,

~Tim

PureGhostGR

Thanks for the replies :)

Ok, I have moved the file to "FortuneCity".

This will hopefully fix any downloading problems.

Nostradamus

File not available - it's a broken link because Fortuecity doesn't allow direct linking. Even when I cut & pasted the address to my address field it didn't work.

foz

Just d/loaded........great game graphics ,interface and music all great.

I liked very much....(excellent first attempt)..

Who was the forum member as i was`nt sure....

At last another game has been entered as it looked as though it was going to be a bit thin on the ground this month...

GOOD LUCK in the Mags comp.......

fOz

PureGhostGR

Thanks for pointing that out Nostradamus.

-Ahem- the members are TK & Snake.. *grin*

point is they don't know it yet *second grin*

soo.. anyway.

Thanks for the replies.. :)

Good luck to you too foz. :)

Ishmael

Man..... That.... It.... I..... Wha..... I just don't know what to say... execpt that the graphics were great, the musics fit the atmospere, the plot is good, puzzles, allthough not difficult, still fun... I think I ain't making things much bigger than they are when I say that this is the best game I've played in a while! ;)

Now I feel my game has no chance this month... But I won't give up! I shall finish my game in time and attend the MAGS with it, be it worst entry this month or not, I shall! Thou shall see me rise some day!

Hey, Ghost, you wanna draw graphics for my upcoming big project? :P
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

DoorKnobHandle

nice one!

I personally don't like the look of that main character girlie, but... hey.

Dave Gilbert

Holy fluffernutters on toast.

That was gorgeous.

This game's got atmosphere in spades, dude.  You've got talent.  Are you going to write another game with that woman and Hologram Gen?

Kweepa

Have to agree with everyone else - very nice indeed!
"I'll get my stuff." - LOL!

Steve
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

remixor

Quote from: big brother on Tue 21/10/2003 17:16:57
Dude, you got busted by Geocities. Just thought you might want to know.

Bwahhahahahahahahahahhaha
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

PureGhostGR

:)

I am glad you all liked it, thanks for the generous comments.

mamarulez: Truth be said, she is nothing like the one I had in mind of doing.. time restrictions though had a toll.. :)

Dave Gilbert: I don't think I am motivated enough to continue working with this. Originally I was going to make it 2 rooms bigger, with a nicer plot twist, but I figured I wouldn't make it to the deadline so I watered it down a bit. (thanks for the very inspiring reply man).

TK: I am sure that with your expertise in scripting you can conjure a little gem-game in no time. As for the graphics. I am not that good (or fast :P). There are people in these forums that are 100% times better. :D

Btw, whats the plot about? :D

SteveMcCrea: Glad you like it.. (I was worried about the dialogues sounding corny or simple or.. ) thanks again.

-As for the Download Links-

Heh, this has been a big mess. I've uploaded a backgroundmp3-less version on AGS that should work for everyone. Huge apology.

remixor

I'm really interested in trying out this game, but I'm still unable to download it.  What did the rest of you guys do?
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

AGA

Geocities re-enables suspended accounts every hour (he keeps hitting his hourly bandwidth limit, so his account gets suspended until the next hour begins). You'll just have to wait, and keep trying.

Ishmael

I had no prob at all D/Lling it... from Geocities, DAP drew it in like 40 seconds.... ::)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Paranoia

great game PureGhostGR ;D, for a first game its fantastic, your main character .... well she's cool! love the gui panel and the animation, i hope it inspires you to do more

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk