Phil Reed's new CD

Started by LGM, Wed 22/10/2003 19:53:19

Previous topic - Next topic

LGM

Yes, author turned Rock-Star! Phil Reed has compiled a demo CD of covers and his own original work.

Sad he hasn't posted here.. Or if he has, then I guess I'm really stupid..

But go have a listen.. At least you don't have to pay for it this time! :-p

http://www.phil-reed.com/demo.html

He's got some pretty good stuff on there, and I'm really impressed. Albeit the audio quality isn't studio quality, it's pretty good for a Mac. (Yes, Phil has abandoned the PC and gone to Mac.. So no more Vaels.)

Enjoy greatly, and post your comments here and I shall relay them to teh Phil.. Or he may come along.. Who knows..
You. Me. Denny's.

Privateer Puddin'

i listened to

1)   Chickentrain

and found my self enjoying it quite a lot :D

rodekill

I somehow got a copy of Chickentrain months ago and feel the need to listen to it every day.
It was a big hit over at the pmind forums.

Phil Reed... where are you? Where is my signed copy of your book, Green Eggs and Ham?
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Evil

Phil, I love you. I want to mother your babies... And by babies I mean the babies of life, love, hatrid, and music... And of passion... ;)  :-*

Kweepa

Does this guy have any limits?
Focus, Phil.
And by focus I mean finish Larry Vales III.
[edit - Damnit, I just read that sentence about him dumping the PC.]
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

edmundito

Those sideburns are mightier than Larry Vales'!
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Simple

Thanks for all the feedback.  :-)  I am still around...in a way.  I lurk periodically...but since I haven't contributed anything to the AGS community in 3 years or so, I kind of shied away, not wanting to overstay my welcome.

And, as LGM mentioned, I'm a regular "Mac" daddy now...and I'm quite impressed by it.  I don't think I'll be swinging back toward the dark side any time soon...and I doubt there'd be much incentive for Chris to create a Mac-based version of AGS.  So I guess I can pretty much be counted out of the creative loop.

I'm glad you all seem to like the CD...I put it together so I can play at coffee shops around here.  Even though I've been playing every month at my college before an audience, they still need to hear a sample before you can come in and rock out.  I might try Borders and other places, too...but maybe not.  There's only so many people in the world who react favorably to Chickentrain, and three of them are on this forum.
Larry Vales:  Reloaded production blog:
http://larryvales.wordpress.com

earlwood

I couldn't turn off my Budgie albums long enough to enjoy the songs..I just kept shaking...and I gave in and now I'm listening to 'Don't Dilute the Water' for the eight time  :-\

Bluke4x4

'I'll Follow The Sun'

I LOVE this song. Not the first time I've heard it actually. I'm only allowed to listen to the Oldies station on my stereo.

cpage

I'll follow the sun sounds awsome phil
I had a stage in my life (2 years) that I would only listen to the beatles
any chance that you will do any "the Who" stuff?
I think you could pull off "Behind Blue Eyes"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk