Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

I'm not going to ramble on so;

Go play one of the most addictive games of your childhood;

http://koti.mbnet.fi/thething/tim.htm

m0ds

Darth Mandarb

Damn you m0ds ... DAMN YOU!!!

You've just contributed to me wasting hours and hours of my life!!!

But seriously!  I used to LOVE that game.  I remember coming home from school and playing that game over and over.  That and Space Quest.

Awesome link!

d

EDIT - Now if only somebody on here has an actual link to the game elFish ...

Scummbuddy

Awesome!  Thanks for that link!  I used to loveeee that game growing up, now I can play it once again.  And I probably wont go on my road trip tomorrow cause I'll be up all night getting that stupid ball to bounce just right.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

remixor

That game was the shiznit back in the day.  I didn't realize it was that commonly played.  I wouldn't have played it were it not for my school.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Pumaman

Hehe, that game was so cool and yet so immensely frustrating at the same time. Ahhhh, memories ;)

Trapezoid

I still have Incredible Machine 2. I'm pretty sure half the puzzles I made were designed to torture Mel Schlemming.

jannar85

Hah! That's nothing! I've played the beta!

TIM0!

Thanks for the link btw.. I have it already though...
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

earlwood

Cool! I can hit tiny kitties with bowling balls!

Andail

I played this like crazy back in the day.  I loved to make my own scenarios, which would most often be attempts at eternity machines.

I eventually created one, printed it and sent it to the nobel comitée, who sent some men in black suits to convince me I never succeeded, and that it was still impossible.

Ishmael

m0ds, I'd sing all my belongis over to you to show my gratitude, I've really missed this game, but that would include my computer, so I couldn't play it.... I remember not many years ago (like 6?) we got a really old 50 mhz machine with turbo button to make it 100, with win 3.11, and TIM, and I spent a LOT of time playing it...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Evil

I remember in the 1st grade I went over to my neighbors house, two highschool girls, and they showed my the original. Green, yellow, red, black. I think that was all of the colors. AH, how I missed that game. They lent it to me and I beat like half of it then I got angry and stopped playing. I have been looking for years to find this, I couldnt remember the name. Its nice to see it in more colors.

Sylpher

Heh, just played up to tut 40..I always wanted to playt his back in the day but never got a chance.

We should see who can make the most interesting machine...

Or not..

Simple

So who wants to find me a free mac version and be a hero?

I can't run it on my new computer...but my brain is already re-addicted to the thing.  God bless TIM.
Larry Vales:  Reloaded production blog:
http://larryvales.wordpress.com

earlwood

Aw, I tried to make perpetual motion, but I forgot this is TIM1 and TIM2 has more bouncy shit.  :-\

auhsor

yup, that was an awesome game. I've got TIM: Even More Contraptions. Its pretty cool too.

Thats a cool site btw m0ds.

Flippy_D

I used to have the one with the gold motif and the weird blonde professor with the enlarged eyebrows... which one was that? Came free with Navigator in Win95.

Still, teh fun.

m0ds

I was listening to MIDI from a Sierra mini golf game (that I bought in France and is in French) and one midi file on the CD is called TIM. So that prompted me to search for the TIM midi to see if was similar. And found the game, w00t!

It reminds me a lot of the days when I didn't have a PC but my friends did, I'd go to one guys and play TIM, DOTT, Prince of Persia and Stunt Racer, then I'd go to my other friends house and play Lemmings 3D, LBA and Kingdom-o-Magic (plus consoles).

Ahh, what a warm memory all from just finding an old game :P Thanks for thanking me. I could've just posted up more pics of me getting hit by explosions.

:)
m0ds

Inkoddi

Hey, hey, HEY!!!!

Set the system clock/date/whatever to October 31 or December 25, go into freeform mode and press the left arrow once...

Ishmael

Feb 14 gives one extra balloon, I belive...

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Ishmael

Hey, m0ds, because of you I slept like 2 hours last night! Dammit! But I got some kinda nice contraptions together.. We really should have this competition about who makes the best one... Like MAGS is... there is a subject, like "Break the balloon, but don't use anything sharp" :P and then people would vote for who's is teh best... time would be like 1 ½ weeks, then take a few days to vote, then new competition announced... or something :P

Privateer Puddin'

soo, whats so incredible about this machine?

Ishmael

Have you tried it? ;D If you are the kind (most people are, I think...), you'll just love it. You get caught with your imagenation, and you want to build even better and better contraptions.

Czar

well, while we're here reminiscing on the past times and tossin links, check out www.abandonia.com, for some times you could even dl MIs from there. And if you're looking for UFO, there you can find, with many many other great oldies...
Aaah.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Matt Brown

* Whos that? Its Teh Panda! downloads alladin
word up

Inkoddi

*Inkoddi downloads Prince Of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame

AGA

* AGA pays for his games, because he isn't a stinking freeloader.

Privateer Puddin'

yes, ofcourse you do

* Privateer Puddin' sends runaway

Czar

well AGA, if you look a little closer you'll see that next to the game that can be bought stands the sign 'purchase'...
We need no stinkin freeloaders.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

m0ds

Go on then, purchase it! Wait a couple of weeks for it to be delivered to you :)

* m0ds sits and plays TIM :)

Minimi

Hey, For those who are interested, there is also a 3D TIM, called Gadgets, in wich you can use all those nifty trampolines, cats, mouses and candles and pipes and built your own 3D machine. It's a pretty cool game. I bought it in stores for 9,99 euro

Meowster

I love Tim :)

remixor

Rincewind

Alright - I remember playing the demo version of this one a long time ago! It was a fiesta-o-fun, but I got stuck somewhere along the line... Can't remember where, though...

Downloading right away - I'm gonna skip Halloween this year and play TIM all night! Oh yeah.

Ishmael

I have been playing for half-nights for the last week... feeling a bit tired on the day...

remixor

Holy friggin crap, has anyone beat the level where you have to get the cannonball in the bucket and trap the cat under the cage?  It's hard as hell!

Ishmael

What number? I'll go try out ;D

----- EDIT -----

Hey, is it Halloween today? Is there a pumpkin in? I guess I better go see...

Nellie

Bah, I can't Print Screen while Tim is running, for some reason.

so...

Spoiler

Put the two rockets on the wall, and set up the torch and magnifying glass next to them.  Put the bowling ball above the torch.  When the rockets are lit, they should burn the cat twice, prompting him to walk directly under the cage.

Place the cannon so that the left rocket will light its fuse when it passes.  Place the scissors and one of the wooden slanted things so that the right rocket will hit the wood and be knocked into the scissors, cutting the string (and trapping the cat).

The bucket will fall to the ground when the string is cut.  Set up the other wooden slanted thing so that the cannon ball lands on it and rolls into the grounded bucket.  Et voila!  Instant Alphabeti Spaghetti!
[close]

remixor

Thanks for the response, Nellie, but I ended up getting it last night after much effort. I did it a different way, too, which is what's so damn great about this game.  And TK, it was #39 I believe.

Ishmael

I found it, like ten minutes after that post, then tried for a few minutes, and got it right. I can print screen, but the shot is on my laptop, and I can't get it connected to the net untill tomorrow evening. I did it in a diffrent way aswell

remixor

I don't know why I had so many problems.  I must be stupid or something, but it took me ages to get the cage to fall AFTER the cat was already under it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk