Can you see the hidden image?

Started by fidodido, Sat 25/10/2003 00:21:48

Previous topic - Next topic

fidodido

I've recently saw the Seinfeld episode where Kramer purchases a 3d art picture, and Mr. Pete can't see it. Anyway, it made me get interested in it, and I looked for some of those kind of pictures in the internet - they're called Stereograms.

First I couldn't see anything, except messy curves and shapes, but then after I read the description of how to see it, it was AMAZING!

Here's an image I created with a program I found. Can anyone see the hidden image?

To see it, put your face as close to the monitor as possible, so you see the image really out of focus. Now, SLOWLY go back, while trying to keep the image blurry. At the first few times it takes a lot of time till you see the 3d image, but keep trying - it's really something when the image all of a sudden pops into the screen!

If you're succecful, there are a lot more beautiful pictures of that kind. Just google STEREOGRAMS.

Good luck.

DoorKnobHandle

What the **** youre talkin about?

All I see is a silly picture.

My eyes hurt of looking so close.

EDIT: Is there something written on the original image? I thought now I'd see some letters. But as I wanted to read them, I got that blurry thingie out of mind and - BANG! - nothing again!

Al_Ninio

It does say something, mamarulez.

Spoiler
it says AGS, I think.
[close]

fidodido

It takes time, so just don't give up so soon...

The most important thing is to keep the image blurry as you go away from the screen.

fidodido

You're absolutly right, Highway Gal!

Harvester

Hehe, cool! I like stereograms!
None shall pass!

Paranoid Factor

DoorKnobHandle

Domino

I didn't see any words, but i swear i saw a gorilla and a cat. Everytime i try it again, i see the same gorilla and cat. Weird.

shawn  :)

DoorKnobHandle

Maybe you can see what's inside your brain or something like that!

Some see "AGS", you see these animals.

(That would explain those nice naked ladies I saw...)

auhsor

Heh, i love these. We have them in the paper every week. It says AGS.

What program did you use?

Meowster

I can't see jack shit; I keep steaming up the monitor by breathing on it.

fidodido

The program I used is "Easy Stereo".
http://home.skif.net/~ssh/stereo/es_setup.exe

Here's another stereogram, it came with the program:

Meowster

Does it say Songo?

The letters keep jumping around my head; I feel dyslexic. I am dyslexic in 3D. Perhaps I'm too tired to read these?

fidodido

It doesn't say Songo. In fact, it's not a text. It's some kind of animal (sort of).

scotch

Looks like some sort of sauropod dinosaur to me, if I am actually seeing a long tail and not imagining it.

Meowster

Well it must be a snake because I distinctly see an S. In fact, I definately see an S shape. Either S, or D.

Darth Mandarb

That is wicked cool!!

I had a whole book of these things once (don't know where it is now) and I trained my eyes to focus right in on them.

The AGS one is a little harder to get than the brachiosaurus but both are neat-o!

Some people, I think, are incapable of seeing these.  My mom, who has excellent eyesite can only see them every once in awhile and she see's them inverted.  So if you can't see them don't worry about it.

Though you ARE missing out ;)

dm

Domino

for some reason, i have never been able to see anything out of these. Maybe its the blue eyes. I feel left out.

shawn  :)

Scummbuddy

It was back in 4th grade when the "magic eye" books came out.  I loved them so much. I too can see the images without the pseudocrossing of my eyes or having to put my face up to the monitor/page.  Yeah, its AGS and then a dinasaur.  Im going to check out that program you posted. thanks for the link.  Ive always wanted to make them, this is really cool.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

cornjob

Do you remember Magic Carpet had a stereogram mode? I couldn't see a damn thing. It also had a red/blue 3D glasses mode. I couldn't see that either because I didn't have 3D glasses. But it was a good idea.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk