Can you see the hidden image?

Started by fidodido, Sat 25/10/2003 00:21:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

My eyes must be easily fooled or something, because I always see those images after just a few seconds...
I remember when I was a child and I saw this really big picture in a magazine, which featured a sunken ship. It was so amazing I kept staring at it the whole day

MrColossal

i think they work better for me when in print

either way the only one that worked for me where i knew for certain what it was was in one of my Nintendo Powers there were a bunch and i saw Luigi

i do it a different way where i cross my eyes and line up two parellel parts of the image and then focus

works well for bathroom tile and anything that lines it but all this does it mess my mind up while i'm pooing
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Czar

this is cool.
I have something similar in a David Blaine book, i'll scan it then post it here later.
You look into a image and then you look into a white wall... You'll be surprised what you will see.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Pet Terry

We had those images at psychology lesson, they are cool! We also had that one in which you look the image and then into a white wall as Czar said... :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Nacho

Quote from: Andail on Sat 25/10/2003 10:35:34
My eyes must be easily fooled or something, because I always see those images after just a few seconds...
I remember when I was a child and I saw this really big picture in a magazine, which featured a sunken ship. It was so amazing I kept staring at it the whole day

>:( I´ve never been able to see that st00pid images!!!1!1
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

fidodido

BOYD1981

have you only really just discovered stereograms?
they were, apparently, all the rage in the mid to late 90s, i've never been able to make any of them out though, i just get dizzy, i prefer looking at actual pictures...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Sylpher

Something else people don't ever really mention with these images is that when you see the actual image or words the texture in the background will be clear and sharp.

I'm not sure how it works but it is almost like you have to unfocus your eyes till they focus again..if the texture in the background is all blurry then you aren't doing it right.

As well, move you head from side to side when you think you see it..If you get a feeling like you are looking at something in 3D (The background will move independant to whatever your looking at) then things will clear up a lot easier.

A combo start as close as you can and sway your head from side to side and move back may convince those around you, you are insane and think you are a snake but it is the best method I know for people who can't seem to see it.

Also don't try too hard..If you start to get a headache or your eyes hurt you are trying to hard..your eyes should naturally focus on it at first and then you can train yourself to see them.

Meowster

There was once this game called Magic Carpet, which I hated beyond anything else I have ever hated, that had a sterograph mode, but to me it just looked like static or a TV without a signal. That game was stupid and dumb. I much prefer Tintin. Tintin doesn't have stereographs or anything.

There was this awesome picture of a cat or something that I found, that wasn't really a hidden picture so much as that when you concentrated just right.... it became 3D. That was awesome.

Pumaman

Magic Eye pictures were teh cool... bit like those Global Hypercolour T-Shirts, they had a few months of fame and then just kinda faded away.

Magic Carpet was great, except its multiplayer mode which went out of sync and broke after about 10 minutes play.

Robert Eric

I don't see it.

This brings to mind a scene in Mallrats where the big guy with the hat is staring at some art and can't see the hidden picture.

"IT'S NOT A SAILBOAT!!!"
Ã, Ã, 

Kweepa

The great thing about stereograms is how easy they are to make with computers.
When I first saw one, I sat down the same day and wrote a program to make them.
Took about an hour, and was only about 20 lines of c code.
I thought - what else is just lurking out there, 20 lines of code away?

Steve
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Sylpher

"It's a schooner!"

"Ha, no, it'sa sailboat"

"A schooner is a sailboat...dumbass"

[Hulks Out]

auhsor

Quote from: Scummbuddy on Sat 25/10/2003 03:17:57
It was back in 4th grade when the "magic eye" books came out.  I loved them so much. I too can see the images without the pseudocrossing of my eyes or having to put my face up to the monitor/page.  Yeah, its AGS and then a dinasaur.  Im going to check out that program you posted. thanks for the link.  Ive always wanted to make them, this is really cool.
You know Scumm. Thats exactly what its like with me. i can see the pictures just by looking at the and relaxing my eyes. We're still got the first 'Magic Eye' . One of my friends had a magic eye video. That was cool, although your eyes do hurt a bit after...

Igor

Yeah, that's great!
I saw first stereogram a few years back on some exhibition. It took me a while to see the image too :)

MrColossal

heh how funny that my friend from college just imed me and we talked about what we're doing lately and he's making an animated movie in magic eye...

i can't way to see that up on the big screen...

OOOOOH WEE!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Igor

Check this out:
http://www.well.com/user/jimg/stereo/stereo_list.html

Btw, animated movie in magic eye? That should be interesting!

m0ds

Cool stuff. They work better for me in print too, but I could just about make out AGS (was it in a kinda circle thing?) and the Nessy look alike.

:P

m0ds

fidodido

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Sun 26/10/2003 23:24:37
The great thing about stereograms is how easy they are to make with computers.
When I first saw one, I sat down the same day and wrote a program to make them.
Took about an hour, and was only about 20 lines of c code.
I thought - what else is just lurking out there, 20 lines of code away?

Steve

How do you know how to make stereograms? Can you explain more specifically?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk