most professional ag platform

Started by spook1, Mon 27/10/2003 19:41:47

Previous topic - Next topic

spook1

Hi all,

This topic to ask for your opinion on ag editors.

I am conducting a research into game-based learning at University and for that purpose I am
looking for an editor. Currently i am comparing different platforms.

Last year i have created a learning game for electricity in AGS, and for a pilot it turned out very well.
Off course it is not really professional but it is functional.
Now, for the rest of the research I am making up my mind: stay with AGS, or is there a better (maybe not free) editor available?
For instance, a game that can run directly from the web would be easy for e-learning purposes (you can skip the installation part)
Furthermore, the effort to learn to the tool should be minimal (which pleas for AGS) etc.

Can you help me making a wise decision?

Kind regards and thanks in advance for the help.

martijn

foz

You should look at FLASH by macromedia..........

Its geared up for making web based games and websites..

You need to learn a sort of basic though......

MR...fOzzzz

spook1

Thank for the fast relpy.
is flash able to do adventure games? Is it much more work than ags? Is it easy to learn?

Martijn

foz

Stick with AGS for adventures and ease of use...

You could probaly make an adventure in it but i would`nt try....

Easy to learn.....depends on you its not rocket sceince.

It also cost money........

I use it for animation mainly......

Go to Macromedias site and check it out...
http://www.macromedia.com

ffffozz

Minimi

Well, I know alot say you shouldn't, but in my opinion is Multimedia Fusion a really good and easy application. It's website is : www.clickteam.com It's not free, but it doesn't require any knowledge of programming, and you can make platform games with it, including adventures. You can also make all your games available online, to run as an applet in your browser, wich you want. Just check it out. The price is only $99, and it's worth it! They also have a great community to help you out!

Layabout

AGS could definitly make a professional adventure. You just need damn good artists. and learn to use the script like a god.
I am Jean-Pierre.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk