Who killed Sophia Hapgood?

Started by Hobbes, Mon 27/10/2003 20:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

I was wondering about this...

In Fate of Atlantis, at the end of the game (just before entering the center ring), you have the option to free Sophia with the steel rod from her cage.

However, you can just as well let her rot in there and let the lava consume her when Atlantis sinks beneath the waves.

...so. Admit it. This is the time to shed your sin and admit how it made you feel.

Who killed Sophia Hapgood?

foz

I can`t remember.........so long ago.

Hobbes

Ah.

That's a clear case of Repressed Memory Syndrome there, foz...

Dig... deeper. Harder. You can remember...

...you MURDERER!

foz

......as far as murder goes i`m still a virgin....

...as far as that game goes ........last time i played was on the good old commodore amiga 1200........when they were state of the art.........even worse that the pentium P60 i got next.

(The amiga is in my loft now....probaly a antique now....like me)

i am an very old man it appears.........

i remember when this used to be all green fields...

foz

Ps....hobbes

When my brain recovers its recent trauma ....i`ll get back to the MIDIS.....

sorry for my poor performance lately..........lol...but i`ll keep my bedroom antics to myself.....

foz the mad.

DGMacphee

I killed her, yes -- But I regret nothing!
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Nacho

Eeer... I think she is not actually consumed by lava, she is liberated misteriously (Seems that by Nur-ab-sal power or something...)

Maybe you need to leave the collar on here... I can´t remember well, but I think that everything was intended...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

DragonRose

I never played FOA, so I couldn't kill Sophia Hapgood.  I DID however, let Prince Edgar remain dead at the end of KQVII more times than I can count.

FEAR ME! FOR I WITHHOLD THE STUPID LITTLE CAT LIFE! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Hobbes

Farlander, if I remember correctly, if you don't free her, Indy is left facing the sunset alone at the end of the game?

You sure Sophia was freed?

Nacho

I am almost sure that she is freed but posessed by Nur ab Sal spirit.

I am also quite sure that the sunset scene has only Indy in it. I think that Sophia is killed in that "version" in some way, she appears at the final room, where the nazis are killed. I think she attempts to switch on the machine and she dies.

Similar to how the girl dies in Indy III. Greedy girls also die!

Vel

Foz....Do you like scary movies?

Hobbes

Quote from: Farlander on Tue 28/10/2003 19:07:04
I am almost sure that she is freed but posessed by Nur ab Sal spirit.

I am also quite sure that the sunset scene has only Indy in it. I think that Sophia is killed in that "version" in some way, she appears at the final room, where the nazis are killed. I think she attempts to switch on the machine and she dies.

Similar to how the girl dies in Indy III. Greedy girls also die!

Ooooh, neat! I never discovered that particular branch of the game... hmmm....

*goes to play FoY again*

Nellie

Quote*goes to play FoY again*

M0dsian slip.

juncmodule

I actually just finished FOA tonight. She "dies" in the same way you do if you don't follow the right dialog when you are on the platform. You are alone on the sub during the credits if you don't go get her.

Dragonrose you REALLY should play FOA, and all of the LucasArts games, they are great. I just bought The Adventure Collection and Monkey Madness, lots of games for cheap.

The Adventure Collection:
DOTT
FOA
Sam & Max
for $29.99(US) with a shiney case

Monkey Madness:
Secret of Monkey Island
LeChuck's Revenge
COMI
for $19.99(US) (I think)

great stuff

later,
-junc

Nacho

Quote from: juncmodule on Tue 28/10/2003 22:48:21
I actually just finished FOA tonight. She "dies" in the same way you do if you don't follow the right dialog when you are on the platform. You are alone on the sub during the credits if you don't go get her.

Yes... Something like that...  :)

DragonRose

Junc:

I've got the Monkey Madness one, (it only cost me $17 CANADIAN nya nya nynya nya!)  but I haven't seen the Adventure Collection one except online.  

I've wanted to play DOTT and Sam & Max ever since they came out and they played trailers at the computer store.  My parents, however, thought DOTT would be too scary (tentacles=octupus=Cthulhu, I guess), and they didn't approve of Sam & Max either, though I can't remember why.  And everyone here has nothing but good stuff to say about FOA.    
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Pet Terry

My friend has this box in which there are:
- Monkey Island I & II + CMI Demo
- The Dig
- Full Throttle
Teh cool!

And about FOA, I'm stuck at the very end, because whatever I say, Indy gets transformed into Nur-Ab-Sal or whatever it was :P
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

juncmodule

Spoiler

-- Don't tell the doc how many beads to use

-- Tell the doc you want to go first...

-- Let him know he will "regret this"

-- Talk about an "angry god"

That's not the exact order or anything...but you get the idea. If you follow the first tip it will just cycle through the options until you get it right.
[close]

Dragonrose: You actually found that in a store!? I've never seen a Monkey Island game in the store(EFMI the exception of course, which I've never played). It's pretty hard to find that stuff on the website even. I don't think you can get to the Adventure Archive by navigating menus. I usually just follow a link from some fan site. 17 Canadian! That's like 10 bucks American  :P

Speaking of which, I have this Canadian 20 in my wallet that is evil, I can't even get my bank to take it...I think it is possessed and evil. Have you ever been to Etobicoke? I spent two days trapped there. It was kind of fun.

later,
-junc

Hobbes

Quote from: Nellie on Tue 28/10/2003 22:01:32
M0dsian slip.

Hah, that's what you think! I'm just the secret owner of FoY. I did it all myself, but decided to let Miez, M0ds, Alan, Shawn and Amberlee take the credit.

So, each month I give them a few screenshots and such... they'll probably have the whole thing puzzled back together in a few months.

|Alky|

Can somebody mail me a savegame near the ending? I want to see these endings, but sadly no longer have FOA savegames, or the time to replay it. I'm pretty sure that the version I played had both Indy and Sophia going off into the sunset. And she should survive, due to the fact she makes an appearance in the Action-Adventure game Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, in 1947...
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk