Previous topic - Next topic

foz

Vel......dont be a nob head........

DON`T SLATE MY STUFF AFTER I HOLD OUT A HAND AND SAY LETS MAKE AMENDS>>>>>>>
you C*NT.

MrColossal

foz... stop it you're acting like a 5 year old don't make me delete your posts

vel didn't even start this thread you fool
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

remixor

I never knew you could let Sophia die until this year.  I last beat that game at least 10 years ago, so I should probably play through it again.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Hobbes

Ok, if I remember correctly, that brings the game to a total of 3 possible endings:

(spoiler below, so don't read if you've yet to play it)

1. Indy persuades doctor Zimmerman (that's his name, right? Or am I confusing Star Trek with Indy?) to use the machine. Result: the man dies and Indy and Sophia are left facing the sunset in a romantic manner.

2. Indy leaves Sophia to rot in her cell, resulting in her using the god machine and dying. This leaves Indy facing the sunset alone. Hmm... I wonder if this was done as a possibility for players who hated Sophia Hapgood or are gay.

3. Indy himself is persuaded to use the god machine, resulting in his own death. Hmm... I wonder if this was done as a possibility for players who hated Indiana Jones or are lesbian.

Or are there more endings I'm not aware of?

Nacho

I am almost sure it is Dr. Ubbermann...

I dunno who´s "your" Zimmermann, but for me, Henrique Zimmermann is famous sefardí reporter, correspondent for Spain in Israel... :)

I don´t think his grandpa worked for the nazis...  ;D
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

remixor

Quote from: Hobbes on Thu 30/10/2003 17:15:15

3. Indy himself is persuaded to use the god machine, resulting in his own death. Hmm... I wonder if this was done as a possibility for players who hated Indiana Jones or are lesbian.

I never really counted this as an ending, more of just a death.  I can remember off the top of my head at least one other place you can die (walking on the plates over the lava), but I don't consider that an ending.

Nacho

Quote from: remixor on Fri 31/10/2003 02:30:03
Quote from: Hobbes on Thu 30/10/2003 17:15:15

I never really counted this as an ending, more of just a death.  I can remember off the top of my head at least one other place you can die (walking on the plates over the lava), but I don't consider that an ending.

In fact... I always believed that there must be a secret ending when you can as Indy became a God and kill, not only the nazi´s (M0ds spelling) in Atlantis, but also in all the world and finish the World War before it starts... Maybe with 100 orichalcum pieces? I remember only trying with 10 and 1... And plato error was by ten, we don´t know that when he says "Use ten pieces" we must thing "10 /10=1" or "10 X 10= 100"...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

|Alky|

Quote from: Farlander on Thu 30/10/2003 22:00:14
I am almost sure it is Dr. Ubbermann...

I dunno who´s "your" Zimmermann, but for me, Henrique Zimmermann is famous sefardí reporter, correspondent for Spain in Israel... :)

I don´t think his grandpa worked for the nazis...  ;D

Another Zimmerman was German ambassador to Mexico during World War One. Nothing to do with Atlantis, Indiana Jones, or...well...anything... ^_^
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

Gonzo

Well I didn't know you could kill Sophia by leaving her in the cell, that's news to me. But she's cool, she beats Willie from ToD and that nasty Elsa from LC, I wouldn't want to kill her. And the Indy-Sophia kissing animation is kinda funny, I liked to see that - the way her leg goes up.

The only Indy girl better than Sophia is Marion, who can't be beat. As for Mei Ying from Emperor's Tomb, that's a great game but she's not a brilliant character like Sophia, who, like everything in FoA, is done with the same brilliant depth as the stuff in the movies.

OT: I got the DVD box 2 weeks ago BTW, it's super. The films look/sound great and the bonus disc is packed with interesting info and footage.

remixor

Agreed, Gonzo.  I think ToD is excellent but Willie is terrible and Elsa's quite crappy as well.  I guess I'd probably go with Marion as my favorite Indy girl as well, although Sophia makes a damn strong case herself.  I haven't played the two most recent Indy games but from what I've seen and heard of them, I can't imagine I'll bother.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk