The AGS random Affiliate program!

Started by Mr Jake, Wed 29/10/2003 16:03:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Jake

ok, I have the Javascript, I (think) I have enough space to host..

Would anyone be interested in a random Affiliate program, using a iframe as then update only one JS instead of having to hand new scripts out
I would be guessing buttons would be 200x40(if you disagree please tell me:)  )

All banners would have to be this size, as I have to define in the script how big the picture is..

Please post you comments, suggestion or buttons here or PM me..

Thank you :)

EDIT: of course if not many people want to or what ever.. then this is just a button dump :)

DragonRose

Quote from: Hotspot (a.K.a HotShot) on Wed 29/10/2003 16:03:21
Would anyone be interested in a random Affiliate program, using a iframe as then update only one JS instead of having to hand new scripts out

Affiliating what?  Where would the buttons go? What's an iframe?

General "HUH?"
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Minimi

Well, I like the idea, but I'm already member of www.gamesbanner.net, wich has more websites, so more affiliates. But I think it could work.

Mr Jake

this would of course be free and for AGS users only..
a <iframe> is a frame in the html document displaying another page, used for news quite often (IMO)
The buttons are stored on my webspace and randomly shown in the iframe

Evil

Sounds good to me. Gives me a reason to start my game company. When would we need them in by? I love this idea as a matter of fact.

Edit: And can we keep them all the same size. Perferably small like 40x80. I wouldnt like them huge. And what about animations?

Edit 2: Dragonrose, its like a banner exchange. Everyone puts this code in and every time you load it loads a new banner of someones in this group. Understand?

Lazy Dragonrose

Ooooooohhh.. I understand now. Yeah, that is a pretty cool idea!

TheDude

The "normal" size for affilliate buttons is 88x31 but it doesn't really matter, nice idea.

Mr Jake

someone told me it was the size I put, I think he was talking about banners >:(

ok, um..
if more people say they will do it i can give a couple of weeks..

If onlt like 5 people do it then theres no point really

Ishmael

I like the idea :)

what's the diffrence between <frameset> and <iframe>? or are there any? or is <iframe> part of <frameset>?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Mr Jake

frame set is to slipt a page up into two pages, where are iframe lets you put a frame somewhere in one page to display another page. so instead of the page being split up, the frame is only shown in the area you pasted the code

Ishmael

Oh, of cource, thanks. I always wondered how do people put those smaller pages inside their site... Never thought of looking in the source code or anything...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Mr Jake

*bump*
Come on :)
More people must be interested...

Scummbuddy

I would totally be interested if i had anything to show now, but for now Ill have to wait before id sign on.  i think you should just do it, and more people will come.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Mr Jake

Evil

Mr Jake

yeah, because Im using the iframe I can add more when ever I want.. so there is no deadline just ASAP for the first lot please :)

cpage

here is an exapmle of an iframe
http://www.geocities.com/cjpthatsme/bloodisland.html

edit: by the way do you want buttons or banners?

Mr Jake

buttons would be best I suppose, 88x31

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk