I'm going away for a bit.

Started by Flippy_D, Thu 30/10/2003 02:03:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Flippy_D

IRC. Internet Relay CHAT.

If anyone requires a log, like for example CJ or DGMacPhee, email me.

I am fed up with Annie's controlling and tormenting attitude. She tries to tell me what to talk about, what to not talk about, where to take my talk, what I can and cannot do. My actions in the channel. IRC itself, which is a bitter irony because no-one can tame conversation. She tries to control the current topics of conversation just because she doesn't like them (ie the hot topic of RO. So many from #AGS play of course people are going to talk!).

I understand etiquette. I also understand the limits of certain activities, which is why I do my damn best to stay inside of them. However, Annie appears to want to pounce on any slight breach I may (unintentionally) make. Quite frankly I have had enough of her stupid little needling remarks and her pointless sniping and her blasted insults, all the time, not matter how subtle. Anyone sensitive to being told what to do (I refer to migs and boyd especially, sorry if you don't want me to) tend to draw Annie's wrath. RobertEric, you are a fine debator and she does not deserve your help with the matter, nor can I figure out why you do, truth be told.

So, I am going to stay away from IRC and the forums for an indefinate period of time. Realistically this will probably range from a week to a month. I am quite, quite fed up of the treatment I receive just because I want to talk with people whom I regard as friends about topics I want to, or because I like adding definitions to roger (which I try and will continue to try to keep to PMs). Anyone knows that getting an unexpected response from the bot has a modicum of interest and quite often comedy.

But enough of this. I can be reached by my email, I will look at this topic but I will not reply, because I have just spent 40 minutes arguing in IRC about this very thing and I see no further point.

My regards to you all, until I next see you.

Flippy_D

Darth Mandarb

Be cool man ...

I hope the break does you good!

dm

SSH

Well, I'm never on IRC, so I can't make any comment about what should or should not be done there, but we'll miss you on the forums:

OMG!!!11!!!! Who will add teh anonymizer URL to teh n00bs pikchewers?  :D ;D :-[ :'( !!11!!!!

Missing you already!

DGMacphee

Huh???

Why do I need a log???

ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

SSH

Quote from: DGMacphee on Thu 30/10/2003 07:16:31
Why do I need a log???

Because you have trouble getting wood?

remixor

Quote from: SSH on Thu 30/10/2003 07:21:06
Quote from: DGMacphee on Thu 30/10/2003 07:16:31
Why do I need a log???

Because you have trouble getting wood?

Sounds like a problem for DGMacphee's Tech Sup--oh wait.  Never mind.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Las Naranjas

No-ones goes to #ags anymore. It's too crowded.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Gilbert

Yeah, right, and because of work, I'm mostly idle there, sometimes I don't even join, just for my real life.

Minimi

tHat brings me on another thing, can someone unban me? I'm still banned :( I've been evading my ban by taking another nickname, and did nothing wrong, and then they banned my ip :( grr... I cry out for help.. Help! (qoute from phonebooth)

Privateer Puddin'

you made it worse for your self in doing that

BOYD1981

minimi, you know exactly what you did wrong, but it didn't stop you doing it again, which is why you were banned, you should speak to cj about unbanning you as he's the one that set it...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

AGA

Don't worry, children, as of next Thursday, I will be back permanently on IRC (as before). I'll stop the naughty |Annie| from being nasty.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk