Horror Films

Started by Quintaros, Sat 01/11/2003 01:50:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Privateer Puddin'

was braindead the one with the lawnmower at the end?

Fizz

Las Naranjas

Has anyone else her seen Night of the Creeps?

It was a semi-zombie film with a few moments. Nothing special, but it had it's moments, mainly dialogue ones.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

remixor

Quote from: Privateer Puddin' on Wed 05/11/2003 09:54:38
was braindead the one with the lawnmower at the end?

Yeah.  If you see that film on network TV, they edit out all the parts that are totally ludicrously violent.  That scene, for example was gone.  It's quite funny, because it means the film just suddently skips 25%.  It ends up making no sense whatsoever, and is quite disorienting.  If you've already seen the whole thing, though, it's hilarious.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Privateer Puddin'

i think i watched it when i was like, 9 or 10 when me and my friend rented every video in the stores 'horror' section, it was worth it for the ending :)

Nine Toes

Quote from: Fizz on Wed 05/11/2003 07:17:14
would you marry me, BodyArt?
Zombies are the shit.

You like zombies too?!  Sure, I'll marry you! ;)
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Rincewind

Ah yes - The legendary lawnmower scene... That was the first thing I actually heard about Braindead, that some guy was supposed to go berzerk with a lawnmower against a horde of zombies... Just that alone made me think twice about seeing it... :)
Actually, I was more impressed by the Kung Fu-priest... I mean, not only is he a holy man, he also busts zombies in his spare time? I mean, come on, how can you not like that?  

Gotta love that zombie-kid as well... He's the the thing that disgusted me the most, to be honest... Ugh...

Haddas

A really good horror movie is "Lapin Kulta Kuume". About a psycho rummaging through the woods in Lapland trying to find gold. A person gets run over by a Harvester!!!! W00t!!!

remixor

Quote from: Rincewind on Wed 05/11/2003 18:25:50
Gotta love that zombie-kid as well... He's the the thing that disgusted me the most, to be honest... Ugh...

I actually thought the zombie baby was fairly dumb.  It wasn't funny to me at all and it was disgusting but did not inspire "horror"...it was probably my least favorite part.  I completely agree about the Kung-Fu priest, though--how does it get better than THAT?
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Harvester

Quote from: Haddas on Wed 05/11/2003 19:58:02
A person gets run over by a Harvester!!!! W00t!!!

Somebody called me?

Btw, Braindead is AMAZING!  ;D Beats the crap out of Lord of the Rings.
The priest ruled, but that guy who plays the main character is my hero. He reminds me a lot of Bruce Campbell. And let's not forget the greatest dialogues EVER!

"You mother ate my dog!!!!"
"Not all of it."

"That's my mother you're pissing on!"
None shall pass!

Paranoid Factor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk