Guitar Peformance

Started by Oliver, Mon 03/11/2003 17:38:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver

Me and my firend Eigen (has the same name in this board) are gonna have a guitar concert at some fathers day "party"( ;D).

Maybe YOU (I mean you ;), if you ofcourse have had a concert) could talk about your 1 concert to the "BIG CROWD".
Just want to know how many people have had their 1 (or 2) concert sucsesful. ;) ::)
You got it!

Coming Soon!

Trapezoid

I'm used to recording and composing to create a recorded song, not performing to entertain the audience... but I have performed a couple of times. This summer I sang a couple of my songs in front of an audience at a local school library's music night thing. I basically just sang with backup tracks playing, although I did take out the kazoo and went crazy on it briefly (to applause!) and the second song featured a deliberately terrible and surreal solo on a little kid's mini-guitar. I think the audience was amused, if a little underwhelmed.
I also played keyboards for a friend's band at a concert in August. It went very well and I wasn't particularly nervous. We'll be playing out again this month. I'm excited.

Evil

Yeah, I play my guitar a lot for friends but never for people I dont know. Although my friend that tought me wants me to play along with her at a local pizza place and the music director wants me to play at church.

Most of the songs I play are either odd like Tenacious D and Stephen Lynch or pop stuff like BSB and Shakira. I know it seems weird me playing BSB but those songs are the really easy ones.

No, I take that back. I did have a music concert one time for friends playing my friends electric durring our halo tournament.

Sylpher

I've played three pretty large shows..The most memorable one for me would be the last show we played at a party in my hometown as the band "Sylpher" We rented a park in town and had a couple other bands play with us.

Despite it being January and about 15 degrees we built huge fires and played anyways. I have no idea how many people were there but I would guesstimate at 300+. That show stands out to me the most because it was amoung all my friends and peers and enemys all in one large group from school. It was the last time I saw some of them (Forever may they rest in peace) some others I have lost contact with and the rest I either live with or just don't know what they are up to.

Matt Brown

I play in a couple of bands.  some school preformace groups, and a jazz band called PANDAmonium. My jazz group played for 700 kids in the school talent show, (we played Vehicle by Blood Sweat and Tears, and got third place)

I have however, played drum set with my school's steel drum band for over 15 thousand people. (My show got picked up on TV and radio across ohio) That ruled
word up

remixor

Before I enrolled in college, my band Chapter 9 back in San Diego played local shows, and it was great.  Just about my favorite feeling in the world is performing original music live, especially with the "big ensemble" feeling we had.  After I'm done with school my drummer and I are going to record an album (the two of us will play all the instruments) and hopefully try to build up a new Chapter 9.  Eventually, I'd like to make it my profession.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Nine Toes

Well, I played guitar in a band a few months ago (we never all actually agreed on a name) all we ever really did was practice.  We only played at one party (60 or so people), and the neighbor's called the cops, so that cut the party short when everyone started to pile out of the house.

I quit that band after things just stopped working (none of us were on the same page, I felt like I was the only motivated one), and now I'm starting a new band called Dead Cell.  I haven't even found time to get to know my new bandmates yet because I'm working all the time.

Other than that, I've had 1 or 2 jam buddies over the years, and I've only played for small groups of people.  Sometime soon, I'd like to start playing the bar scene... it'd be nice if I could make it my job one day, but something tells me that's probably not going to happen.  ...there just is no band circuit out here in the butthole of the earth...  I'd like to at least make one album during my lifetime.

I'll always play my guitar though... even if the band thing doesn't work out.  Hell, if I can't find a good band, then I'll be my own band.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Oliver

I like bands (I mean when I'm in one:P)

But I don't like singing. I just like to play the guitar! ;)
You got it!

Coming Soon!

Evil

I love to sing and write. Most of the time I cant sing well, I suck at guitar and I am too dumb to figure out how to work music programs...  :'( :P

Andail

I think I'd be too nervous to play before a really large audience.
I sing and play the guitar in parties and so on regular basis, and I once supported another guitarplayer with some vocals and some recorder (i.e. the flute) before around thirty people, but that's maximum.

Squinky

I had a band called "Shalako" for about seven years. I was the singer/rythm guitarist. We played a few crappy local parties and played a couple clubs. About the best deal we ever got was a place called "Livewire" and a sports bar/pizza place...At one point we hired out these dudes with recording gear and had them record us and burn us a master copy for about $300. We then self burned about 150 of them bastards. We decided to sell em for $5 and the next gig we did we sold sixty of the fuckers....

But I chalk the bands fate up to women....women always break up bands...

remixor

Quote from: Squinky on Tue 04/11/2003 23:46:38But I chalk the bands fate up to women....women always break up bands...

Amen, brother!  Well, women and Mormonism, in my band's case...

Evil

Could have also been the spiderman costume...

remixor

Quote from: Evil on Wed 05/11/2003 01:34:53
Could have also been the spiderman costume...

Man, that explains so much...

Squinky

Drug abuse kinda screws things up too. I've had some band members that took things too far and screwed themselves up a little bit...

MillsJROSS

FSU Marching band in front of 80 or so thousand people. I have a blast and get to go to football games for free.

-MillsJROSS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk