Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla

Started by Dave Gilbert, Thu 06/11/2003 14:37:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Just bought this yesterday and I'm gobbling it up like a starving man on Thanksgiving.  Is anybody else reading this?

Chrille

It's out already? Gotta get it, I hope it's better than Wizard and Ass.
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Chrille on Thu 06/11/2003 16:15:01
It's out already? Gotta get it, I hope it's better than Wizard and Ass.

I'm only 1/4 of the way through, but I can safely say Yes.  Yes it is.

LGM

Damnit.. I read gunslinger 4 years ago and absolutely loved it.. But I never got to finish the series.. I started reading the second one but never got past the part about the guy smuggling the crack..

I need to buy Drawing of the Three and Wastelands and read them. (I already have Wizard and the glass.. $3.99 w00t)
But the fifth one looks awsome..

Aren't there supposed to be 7 all together?
You. Me. Denny's.

rodekill

I read the first three like ten years ago, then waited and waited and waited and waited for the next one, then I stopped caring, then it came out, and then I didn't get it because I figured I'd have to read the first three again since it had been so damn long.
Dammit.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

TheYak

I had heard of the series but luckily didn't start reading it until the 4th book was out, so I got to do it all in one shot.  I'll definately be picking up the fifth one at the first place I find it.  Thanks for clueing us into this.

remixor

Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

AGA

They're talking about Steven King's Dark Tower books. I think they're a lot more fantasy-oriented than his usual.

Alynn

I love the whole Idea of the gunslinger... Where the guntoting western heros are equivilent of Knights of the medieval times....

I dont know what you have against Wizard and the Glass... It's a peek inside the past of Roland... I enjoyed it very much actually...

I have the first IV but I have to find III again because someone stole it from me... I need to get the next in the series...

Personally... I thought one of the best parts was the parapalegic multipersonality black girl... one hell of a combo...

Damn... I'm going out tonight to the local bookstore and getting it... is it out in paper or hardback only?

Dave Gilbert

It's in hardback, and a bit pricier than usual, but the gorgeous illustrations make it worth it.

I'm halfway through now.  I'm loving this book so much.  I was sorely tempted to play hooky from work just to read.

-Dave

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk