Are you a certified cyber feminist?

Started by Miez, Thu 13/11/2003 14:01:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Miez

I spent the last two months glued to my computer making a series of Flash games and quizzes for the Womens' Studies faculty of my local university. It's not adventure related, but it IS game related, and this is the Gen Gen after all.
So visit them, try out the games (the cheatlinks will be removed after the weekend) and go for that high-score. I know I can't 'cause I suck at the quizzes. They are 1337 in an academical feminist way.  ;D

http://www.let.uu.nl/womens_studies/games/

And fear not - the website is in English.

Vel

SSH

The games are great (and MUCH harder at PhD level!)

However, Opera crashed on PhD level playiong the Hangman one. I dunno if it was anything to do with your stuff, though!

Vel

1. The games are pretty cool!
2.Still, I marvel how feminist need to get a man to do their site if they are so smart!
3. Bug: try clicking at one tile twice. It counts it as if it is uncovered.
Overall: great job!

Miez

Quote from: Vel on Thu 13/11/2003 15:31:543. Bug: try clicking at one tile twice. It counts it as if it is uncovered.
Overall: great job!

Yes - I've seen that one as well, and I'll fix it asap. There was unfortunately too little time to do some thorough bughunting.  :P
Thanks for the compliments!

SSH

Also, the boat game always seems to say "You failed" even if I survive. Is there something I am missing?

Miez

Well done on your MA degree, SSH! :)

I've tried the boat game at BA, MA and PhD levels - and admittedly at PhD level I get my ass kicked, but the other two levels I've completed without problems. What browser and platform are you on, SSH?

shbaz

I think one of your questions should be, "Don't you agree we should do away with Women's suffrage?"

Half of the girls in my HS graduating class failed that one.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Meowster

Wow. All they're missing is a PMS quiz!!!

It took ages to load on my crappy modem, I gave up pretty quick. It took ten minutes just to allow me to type in "women" and "Gender". I don't understand. Does this make me lesbian?

Miez

You must have a modem from the capital of Crapland. It's a pretty lean website, after all.  ;D But no - only when you score like a pro are you a Certified Cyber Lesbian. Or something. I don't know - I just make the stuff...

remixor

Nice work, Miez :)  Very clean and lean.  Professional stuff.

In other news, I knew this girl in high school who believed women's sufferage should be rescinded.  It wasn't a matter of misunderstanding either--she was (otherwise) quite intelligent.  People would understandably get in arguments with her all the time; it was absurd.  She was of the opinion that not enough women are intelligent enough to make informed voting decisions, so they should be excluded as a gender.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Meowster

Well she sucked.

I think womens rights is a great thing. Everybody is equal. But it can go too far with the whole "woman power!" thing.

That said...

Miez, the site is gorgeous, really gorgeous. But my modem sucks. It's not you, it's me.

remixor

Quote from: Yufster the Psychadet on Fri 14/11/2003 00:14:29
Well she sucked.

Yeah, she really did.

QuoteI think womens rights is a great thing. Everybody is equal. But it can go too far with the whole "woman power!" thing.

I agree to a certain extent.  I mean, the whole "woman power!" thing is one reason women HAVE the right to vote these days.  Social change happens a lot more slowly (or not at all) without extreme action of some kind.  I agree that radical feminism is not particularly necessary these days, but we do definitely have plenty more room to improve in terms of equality (not just in terms of gender, obviously).

TheYak

Very clean and rather professional site, Miez.  I dunno if my sound was muted but was there any?  Might add a little personality to it.  I also noticed the same-tile click thing but other than that, quite good.   I just multiple-guessed on my exams though. =]

shbaz

I got #2. I cheated with google and I still missed too many questions to get a PhD. Hopefully my alternative university studies will fare better with Engineering.  ::)

I didn't expect it to be this hard.

The girl who genuinely believed women shouldn't be able to vote was wrong, theoreticaly, but my guess is that she knew a lot of girls like the ones I mentioned. They couldn't answer other questions too, I'll list the most hilarious, and the answers to prove I know:

Who did we fight in the revolutionary war? Great Britain
Who did we fight in the civil war? Ourselves
What are pyramids made of? Stone (or sandstone)
Where do you pour new oil into your car? Not into the same place as you check it! haha
Does good blasphemy make god happy? (I think the problem was that we called it "good" blasphemy, lol) It doesn't.

One girl who was one of the (multiple) valedictorians of our class couldn't answer ANY of these. Very religious girl, was mad at me for calling blasphemy good (when she found out what it was).

In contrast there were quite a few really intelligent girls I knew. All of the guys we asked knew at least half of those, but some were idiots notheless. I think it was a product of the extremely poor education system in my town.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

remixor

Quote from: shbazjinkens on Fri 14/11/2003 09:34:32I think it was a product of the extremely poor education system in my town.

Either that, or girls have COOTIES!!!1

SSH

Just found a bug... if you finish, for example, paper chase and click the OK multiple times before the menu screen pops up again, it adds your score multiple times!

Miez

Good find, SSH - I'll get right on it!  ;D

Layabout

I'd just like to say that I think women's rights have gone too far. Nowadays some women dont just want EQUAL rights, as they should rightly have, they want COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE UNIVERSE!!!

Well not quite, but they want more rights then men.

Story time, heard this on the radio...

A woman goes around the office and they are all a cheery bunch of people. She has a tendency to call people 'pet' names as some girls do (ie. darling, sweetie etc) Now this bloke calls her a pet name and SHE FUCKING GOES AND PUTS IN A COMPLAINT ABOUT IT!!!! What the fuck is the world coming too? Fucking stupid fucking women.

Rant over.
I am Jean-Pierre.

MrColossal

sure layabout... way to back up this opinion with one story you heard off the radio

how about you realize that there are millions of people out there and that just because there are maybe 10 stories you've heard where you feel a woman is over stepping the bounds of equal rights there are 100000000 stories where women now have jobs and can read and can get divorces and can vote and etc etc
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

remixor

...not to mention, even assuming all job opportunities and rights are equal (which they aren't), there's a LOT more abuse of females by males than the other way around.

SSH

In the UK we have an Equal Opportunities Commision that is supposed to ensure quality. They are on the record as complaining that they get double the number of discrimination complaints from men as women and that "that is not why they were set up"!

Femme Stab Mode >:D

NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Miez

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk