So what's the story behind your avatar?

Started by Dave Gilbert, Thu 13/11/2003 16:46:32

Previous topic - Next topic

PureGhostGR

used to be an old button design from a webpage.. (doodles or sketches or something)..

:P

So lazy of me..

Miez

<-- It's me ... myself ... in a happy mood. It's also my single-bearded-man business logo.  ;D

Barcik

My avatar is from The Usual Suspects. Funny thing is, I only saw the movie for the first time yesterday!
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Robert Eric

I bought a digital camera, took a picture of my dog lying on the floor to try it out, then used that picture as my avatar.  I once used a quite unpleasant mugshot of Roger Wilco, but I liked the dog one better.
Ã, Ã, 

Ishmael

Mine's one of MRC's inv objects... I once uploaded it to show it to someone, as I myself thought I did well with it, and then, I was bored with my older one, so I just put that in there. (The AGS Manual under pillow thing had been on my mind for some time, but I wasn't sure how I'd put it and where, but when I uploaded that and changed it, it all just came out by itself). Yeah, I think so...

I've had several avatars during time... I've been registered for... how long? A year? Or a year and a half even? Well anyway, I was fully idle for some time (half a year?), then started posting on the tech forums, and somewhere dug up my first avatar... what was it? I've also noticed there's nowdays a member called "Sledge Hammer" in the forum. I used to have a Sledge theme for a short while ;D

Okay, am I drifting away from the subject? I better stop...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Ghormak

Quote from: Ben on Thu 13/11/2003 17:32:15
It's one of those things that nobody thinks is funny except for me.. Isn't that the point of avatars?

Yes.

<---
Achtung Franz! The comic

Harvester

I am really interested in everything (including pieces of fruit) that has a tendency to turn into a vampire.
None shall pass!

Paranoid Factor

fjeronimo

Actually the story of my avatar is a long and bloody one...
...It all began in a dark and stormy night...
???
...wait a minute... I just remembered... I don't have one!... Ops...  

fjeronimo  
Dark Realms :  http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~fjds/
Writing, programming, art, medieval & SF/fantasy info, texts & quotations, music...

WanderLady

Robert Eric: Because of only glancing at the avatar, I always thought your dog was wearing a detective's type hat. But after looking now, I see it's a only a shadow.

Matt Brown

curse you fjeronimo...you took my joke
word up

Toefur

I dunno... what do you guys think?  :P

Timosity

At the moment it is my two favourite football teams from 2 different codes.

The green one is the Canberra Raiders, A Rugby League Team

The Red one is the Sydney Swans, An Australian Rules Team

They both came 4th and made finals this season in there respective comps but didn't win.

I put this avatar up during the finals in the hope that it would make them win, but obviously It made them lose.

Also there's a couple of odd frames, I think someone may have hacked my avatar.

Snake

One night I finally said "fuck it" also and snapped a picture of myself in the dark.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Alynn

+-Me Its what I look like, with a few edits...
|  Ok its acually the D&D Char I have had all my life
|  My buddy drew it for me... He will be my artist for
|  My big big game...... After I get done with my small
|  Big game....
|  But it is based on me....
|  And 100X100 Avatars ARENT TOO BIG! :P
|
|
\/

Scummbuddy

Aylnn, just resize it.

and as for mine.  its just me, but dont let the picture fool you. I'm not really a cartoon.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Duzz

mine is based on a character based on a very greedy seagull....

I was at a holiday house with a group of friends, and we were eating fish 'n chips on the beach throwing scraps to the seagulls, a large chicken bone was thrown, and one of them ate the whole thing in one bite... it got stuck halfway and you could see the bone pushing out the side of it's neck.  
ahhh, good times...
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

BruisedWeasel

"This is my body, given and shed for you, though I'd prefer you eat only my head, as I am partial to my torso and would rather not get it scuffed. Thank you." --Chris(t) Jones

Darth Mandarb

Hahahah!!  Wanderlady - I always thought Robert Eric's avatar was a chipmunk wearing a detective's hat!!

Hahah!!  I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw something different!!

]).]v[.

TheYak

I never looked very closely at RE's dog but always assumed via peripheral vision that it was wearing a hat or something.  Hmm..  

Am I the only one that didn't miss the important details in Andail's narrative?  They closed the whale!  We're left to assume that they closed him inside the whale.  Our dear Andail is actually Jonah.

My avatar is in existence because I wanted something to replace that shifty-eyeball one I made.

Nacho

Quote from: Andail on Thu 13/11/2003 17:03:08
This is a long story.

When I was young, my parents took me to the museum of natural history. There was a big whale there, which you could go inside to see how big it was.
However, my parents forgot me there, and as the museum closed, they also closed the whale and I was trapped inside.
The following day, my parents came back to look for me, but failed, so they took another kid instead.
And that kid is me, Andail.

That explains why the guy on the pic doesn´t resemble at all with Petter!

My avatar has to see with my nick. Farlander was the pilot of the X-wing who Lucasarts used to write a history for the manual. I used S-wars related avatars in the past, but now, following that futuristic style, I use fry, one of my favourite characters and who has a slight resemblance with me.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk