Rugby World Cup

Started by Timosity, Sat 15/11/2003 14:52:13

Previous topic - Next topic

DGMacphee

Quote from: Las Naranjas on Sun 16/11/2003 21:38:26
Hehe, it always cracks me up when Rah rahs complain that "League is such a simple game" [and I know DG isn't complaining].

Aye -- I'm praising the simplicity.

It's like getting a game of Union, taking out all the stupid, nonsensical rules and replacing them with logical ones.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Las Naranjas

And letting non rich people play.

I went to a British Lions Vs. Australia A match once. The blokes next to me had a miniature cask of wine.

I went to a Super 12 match and my father and I were among the 5 or so people within a 30 metre radius who were watching the game instead of talking on our phones.

But it's not about the game I guss, it's part of being part of a class.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

remixor

My school has a good rugby team.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Timosity

New Zealand Smashed France 40-13 in the playoff for 3rd spot last night, NZ scored 6 tries to 1, which is pretty good seeing as England beat them and couldn't score 1 try, which brings me to this joke I got emailed:

English rugby supporter with his dog goes the local pub to watch the english team on telly. Publican insists that the dog is not allowed, anyhow after an hour of pleading and reassurance that the dog will behave, lets him in with the dog. Just then the englishman Jonny Wilkinson kicks a penalty goal and the dog jumps up on the bar and races along giving everyone high fives. The publican is really impressed and asks the owner what the dog does when they score a try. Don't know says the man i've only had the dog for three years.

All I can say is if England win, it will be a boring game, and If Australia win, it will be exciting.

Privateer Puddin'

Pumaman

Well, what can I say - Australia 17 - 20 England.

Should wipe the smirk off Naranjas' face, if only for a minute  :P

Timosity

It was frustrating, for the initial 5 minutes after the game, but it was a tough match that was pretty even.

14 all at full time

17 all in the last minute of 20 mins extra time

Then what we all knew would happen at some stage

Johnny Wilkinson

It doesn't leave me with a bad feeling, to be honest England played so much better than Australia, I can't believe it ended up a tie.

Congratulations England, It's probably the first win of a major event by England in most people here's life time. So Cherish the moment while you can.

Fucking drop goal shit worth 3 points, what a fucking joke, oh well, it's the games own fault for being shit.

But yeah, England deserved to win the match, it couldn't have been a closer match.

The winner was Rugby

No way, All you English can get fu....

No, Congratulations.

LordHart

ENGLANDDDDD!!!! Wooooooh!

I'm happy England won... just anything to strengthen League in Australia.

Timosity

Yeah, that would be nice, but it needs to be strengthened in England, Australia just won the test series against England in England and it was about a 4th string Australian side.

Since England lost that, and they just won the Rugby WC, I'd say League will lose alot of interest there and Union will get stronger.

As for over here, I think Union will still get stronger, but I think League will too. Soccer as well, Australia will win the soccer world cup eventually, I reckon in the next 2 decades, and it will be a final between USA and AUS, that would just be so funny.

LordHart

If I have to bet on any big sport, I'd say we'll win the next Basketball World Championships. Considering that the guy who captained Australia's Junior side to win the World Championships last year, is playing his first year over in a US college team, and he's already getting over 20 points a game, and about 18 f***ing rebounds, I gotta say thats incredible.

In Soccer, it's a long shot, but it could happen. But first we have to get in the damn thing... >:(

Timosity

Yeah, our junior basketball team just won the world championship, we're a long way off beating the USA at senior level but definately getting closer. I was at the Olympic semi final where Lithuania came so close to beating the USA, the scores were level with less than a minute remaining, the crowd was so much on lithuania's side, we almost helped them win, but they lost by 3 points.

on a funny note, the New Zealand Union coach was sacked after the world cup, even after beating France 40 to whatever. He had a record of 22 wins from 27 games. They take the game way too seriously, although I guess it is religion over there.

LordHart

Is the Kangaroo test tonight? I really want GB to win it, at least have them win one... otherwise, I'm gonna be pissed. Bloody Mander... won them the 2nd game with his bullshit penalties and shit. And also bloody Morley... would've won the first game if they had 13 players on the field.

I remember that Lithuania game. I was so into that, just any chance to see the US get their asses kicked in it. Anyway, is Lithuania the team that has Chris Anstey... or is that Russia (or Yugoslavia?)?

Barcik

Holy shit! The English can win!  :o
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Timosity

Yeah, the Kangaroos Test is in less than 3 hours, 6am EDST

I found this on the NBL site:
Chris Anstey (formerly Ural Great, Russia - South Melbourne, VIC)

he did have a few seasons in NBA for Portland & Chicago Bulls

LordHart

Portland and Bulls... wasn't that Longley? I thought Anstey played for the Detroit Pistons... I know Heal played for Timberwolves and now with San Antonio (yeah, Brian Gorgian... wooooh!) , same as Gaze.

LordHart

Heh, well what do you know... who the hell played for Detroit then? Maybe I've just gone senile... :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk