Adventure Games Award

Started by Reven, Thu 20/11/2003 13:53:32

Previous topic - Next topic

LucasFan

QuoteWouldn't it be cool if another AGS community would exist somewhere, and we didn't know about it...

QuoteOoh, like an alternate AGS forum? Like an evil parallel universe AGS forum?? That would rock...
Hmm, I'll go find one...

Heh   ;D

Timosity

There's nothing wrong with starting your own awards, but I don't know if people will be interested.

Also maybe not have an award for each month, Unless it's a really productive month, there aren't too many games released each month to warrant an award ceremony.

Which also makes me think, when is everyone releasing their christmas games, c'mon, someone surprise us, if you leave it too late, people might not realise your game is actually good until after the ags awards, some games take a bit of time for everyone to realise how good it is.

get working on them and release a month before christmas, hey, that's right now.

Pumaman

Quote from: Captain Mostly on Fri 21/11/2003 09:25:05
Shoein or no, I STILL don't know when the official ones take place...

If memory serves me right (which it may well not), the list of games released in 2003 is compiled by about Christmas, and then there is a nomination period of (I think) 2 weeks during which people can nominate games for each category. Then there are 2 weeks of voting, and the final winners are announced in February.

Feel free to correct me if any of the above is incorrect.

LordHart

Lucasfan: For some reason, they know you in the IndyThread... I don't speak german or that, but be on the lookout, they may be plotting against you. :P

Captain Mostly

I better get a shift on releasing those bug-free editions of the VPXT games!!!!

AGA

LucasFan is German, and he made Zak 2... So they're bound to know of him on a LEC fanadventure forum :P

LordHart

Oh... well, I'm an idiot. :-\

DGMacphee

I welcome any new type of awards to the AGS Community --  the more the merrier (Yay for diversity).

However, a word of warning: doing an awards ceremony is tough work -- you have to either a) tally a large amount of votes or b) try to get people's attention, especially if it looks like you're not all that serious.

I'm not knocking your goal, assassination, as I think it's a great idea -- However, be careful in expectations as not too many people know who you are or what kind of credentials you have.

This is based upon my failed few months organising MAGS (which is now blossoming through the work of others) and my annual labour of love: 'The AGS Awards'.

CJ: That's pretty much how the awards work

Also, news to all -- Some of you might notices I'm running a personal account from Sylpher.com.

Well, I've also got a space for the AGS Awards and will be uploading a whole new site to the space in the next few week.

Cheers
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Peder 🚀

To all you guys who have written here on this post: First of all, Assassination is not only giving rewards but we are also making games. Okey, a award for every month is to much so I have decided to make a award for every season... how about that?? and please, send links to me by email or pm to a site where i can download your game.. ..and i will make the font more lighter.. got some more questions??

Andail

What kind of games do you make? Can we see them? Do they occasionally win any of those plentiful awards?

DGMacphee

Farlander is going to hate this but...

ZING!  ;D
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Peder 🚀

I make Adventure games with ags and no i cant win the assassination adventure games award, I havent finnished any of my games because of the school, so its going slow.. but iam working on two games, Beneath A Steel Sky II - The Returning To kent (Iam only making this to make Revolution Software make BASS II, Its yust an idea how it could be, it will maybe bee to easy to finnish, but the idea was only to make revolution software wanne make a BASS II..) The second game is a remade version of my first game i never finnished because it all got fucked up, title: Stickies Adventure. Its looks yust like Permanent Daylight, and thats because iam making this game to him..

Gilbert

heh CJ is probably a time traveller who knows events that haven't happened yet. ;D

If memory serves me right (which it may well not), the list of games released in 2003 is compiled by about Christmas, ...

Eric, do your job!

Peder 🚀

com'on guys (girls) please join..

Matt Brown

yess!!! I WIN!! BOB'S QUEST 0WNZ J00!!!

haha, I really cant take my victory too seriously though, cause I didnt actually beat anybody...

oh well. An award is an award
word up

Peder 🚀

its not sure yet, next week you will win if nobody else join.. but it looks good for you.. :D

Matt Brown

nobody else enter. I need my one moment
word up

Peder 🚀

Bob's Quest won the Assassination Adventure Games Award Winter 2003, actually because no one other joined, so I have decided to send a mail to about 20 game makers and ask them if they want to be on the games list.. The price is that youll get all games that Assassination are gonna make, for ever!! so, if Assassination make a game in 2010 you will get it for free, even if its sold in shops.. But now assassination only make adventure games with AGS so, youll get the games on a disc in a DVD cover sent to you for 0$.. thats the best i could come up with as a price, iam not a rich guy soo, accept this or dont bother..

Peder 🚀

noone who wants to add their game to my games list for winning the award?? new design is comming soon on the website..Ill start to ask folks if they want to be on the list as soon as i can..

Matt Brown

hey, instead of the whole free games bussiness, can I have a banner for my website instead?
word up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk