Michael Kamen passed away 2 days ago

Started by Hobbes, Thu 20/11/2003 21:05:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Hey all,

I don't know if any of you know him, but Michael Kamen suddenly died two days ago. For more info, you can visit his personal website at www.michaelkamen.com.

Michael was a famed composer, most known for his work on X-Men, What Dreams May Come and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

I greatly respected him on a musical level, not knowing him personally. His scores always had something quirky in them that made them interesting and touching.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

MrColossal

and because i don't want to start a whole other topic

Jonathan Brandis also died
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Barcik

Micheal Kamen was also the man who initiated the combined project between The San Fransisco Orchestra and Metallica, to create the great S&M live performance.

RIP
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

remixor

Kamen was friggin everywhere.  He did the orchestral arrangements for Pink Floyd's The Wall.  He also did the original score to Terry Gilliam's masterpiece Brazil (as well as Gilliam's The Adventures of Baron Munchausen).
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

PunK N PiE

Enjoy yourself! These are the good old days you'll look back on in the years ahead!

Scummbuddy

I was very surprised to hear about Jonathan on cinescape news. Wow

Also, recently GLUMOL has finally finally passed away. I haven't been able to access their forums for about a week. All is lost.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

remixor

Quote from: Scummbuddy on Fri 21/11/2003 02:38:59Also, recently GLUMOL has finally finally passed away. I haven't been able to access their forums for about a week. All is lost.

::)

EDIT: Sorry for the Extremeley Short post
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk