WISH ME LUCK

Started by PunK N PiE, Fri 21/11/2003 01:29:25

Previous topic - Next topic

DGMacphee

I've been to court -- no big deal, but was shitting myself at the time.

It was cause I stole a witches' hat in a city construction site and a rookie cop caught me.

The justice system is fucked and I am the world's worst thief.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Raggit

Man I wish I'd been around my mailbox last night.   This morning I went outside to look in the mailbox and it's been smashed with a baseball bat!!!!  

If I had caught the jerks in the act I would have cracked them over the head with they're own bat and drug them off to court!
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

remixor

I went to court for a speeding ticket once.  I was going over 100mph, so I should have had my license suspended for quite a while (and have had to pay a fine quoted around at least $1200).  I just kept postponing the date of the hearing again and again and again, until it was like 6 months after the ticket was given and they wouldn't postpone it anymore.  When I went to court I too was completely shitting my pants nonstop.  Then the officer didn't show up.  He must have forgotten since the incident was so long ago.  I swear to God, it was like the single most relieved moment of my life.  Since the officer didn't have a partner in the car and it was a freeway (ie, no houses nearby), there were no other witnesses, and so they had to let me go.  Oh man, was I happy.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

shbaz

remixor.. I'll have to remember that.

My brother speeds a lot, he has this radar detector that rips away easily, because in the case that he does get pulled over, you don't want the cop to see that you have a radar detector. Otherwise, it's a really good way to avoid situations like that on a 3 hour drive through nowhere.

One time I was seeing how fast my car would go.. I went up to about 120 before the car wouldn't allow me to go any faster, and then I slowed down and made a turn. 1/4 a mile later I had a blowout.. Ever since then I don't speed anymore. You can die so easy in a car.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

MrColossal

...it is my understanding that the most retarded thing in the universe you can do is speed in a car...

why in the holy shit holy would you want to?
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Hinders

hehe... i remember last year when we went to our swedish teachers house(a real hag, everyone hates her!) and we were throwing stones on the house and took down an apple tree, and her mailbox..hehe... and the hag called the cops....and the worst thing was that we was drunk ;D so we jumped on our mopeds and drove home as fast as we could, we was scared like shit but we didn´t get caught ;) and my mum thought that we had been playing CS ;D
----

Matt Brown

Quote from: MrColossal on Sun 23/11/2003 23:54:38
...it is my understanding that the most retarded thing in the universe you can do is speed in a car...

Well, I can only speak for myself here. I dont see why one would want to go waaaay over the speed limit like that, but I have 3 reasons for speeding

a) Accident. Its easy, when Im crusing down the highway, to suddenly start going 80 without knowing it. When the rest of the traffic is going around 80, 85 in a 60, you just go along with it, until you check your spedometer, and bam. whoops, going 15 over

b) when the speed is waaay too low. The speed limit in the town where I live is mostly 25. My car has a very hard time maintaining 25 MPH, and I often go 35, still not comprising the safety of others.

c) When Im in a big hurry, and I can. If Im late, and Im the only car on the road, and I can go 10-15 MPH over, ok. Why not. As long as (I never go above 80MPH, and I'm never more then 10-15 MPH over when Im the only car, or 5-10 when Im not) then Im ok.

why one goes 100 is beyond me. not safe
word up

TheYak

We've gone off on a tangent here but what the hell?  I received 1 speeding ticket (42 in a 35..  cop didn't buy my Hitchhiker's Guide excuse either) and got assigned traffic school.  8 hours later, clean record, like magic.  

Fastest I ever went was 135 MPH.  I don't normally speed but I was on my way home on a long drive, curious how fast the car would go and there was nothing but road, shoulder & trees for miles.  I did that speed for about a minute then dropped back down to 65.  Kind of amazed my Hyundai Elantra Sport 5-speed would do it...  could've gone a little faster too, but that's way too damned dangerous.  No moral here..  stupid? Yes.  Fun? Hell yes.

Timosity

Speeding is a major problem in Aus, and probably everyehere else, I've had my license and a car for over 10 years and I've only picked up 1 speeding ticket for going about 12km over the limit.

I've had a lot of luck not getting caught in my earlier driving years, I used to be a bit crazy driving, but speeding can be fun, as much as it can be stupid, that's why they have car racing on race tracks, not the open streets.

I'm pretty safe these days, just take it all calmly, even if I'm stuck behind a sunday driver.

But it's ridiculous these days, the cars they have on the road, the power they have, and nowhere to actually use the power. I think it's all a conspiracy to get people to speed to get revenue, even an ad for a car has people outrunning cops as a selling point.

an interesting point, that is just a scam that could be easily fixed, is fuel economy, (the main reason behind it is because of the most devious companies in the world, oil companies) The Model T Ford is as fuel economical as the most recent Fords, maybe even moreso. What the fuck have the engineers been doing all this time, creating more fuel guzzling cars to sell more fuel. The whole industry is related and so very corrupt. We could so easily not need fuel for cars, but for some strange reason, they aren't changing the system. I wonder why??????????

shbaz

QuoteWe could so easily not need fuel for cars, but for some strange reason, they aren't changing the system. I wonder why??????????

That's no secret, the reason for the recent hybrid cars is the fact that the fuel supply is nearing the point where we'll be paying double the price for domestic oil.

The reason people speed is because it's fun, dangerous, and something most people don't do. The reason I did was because I was always driving long stretches of road at 3am with no traffic, no cops, and 30 miles in front of me. Why? I was in a band and that was the only way we could play shows.. in Oklahoma.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Squinky

In response to the above post:

I was nearly killed by some dude speeding at three in the morning. He ran a stoplight at like 40 mph and spun my vehicle completely around.

So, maybe stop and think.

Okay, I'm done being a prude....

shbaz

No stoplights within 20 miles of my hometown.. and certainly none on the road I was driving that fast on. It was one of those long, straight, you can see a car coming from 10 miles roads. Speed limit 65mph. I was endangering my own life, really. I never did it much, and never did it again after the blowout.. it blew because going too fast heated the tires and when I was going on another highway at about 60 it couldn't take it anymore and gave up. If it would have done that at 100+ it would have certainly caused my car to roll, and me to die. I don't think you're being a prude. Driving that fast in a city, or near a city, is stupid and reckless. I even knew that at 16 when I was doing this crap, so I only did it on the aforementioned deserted country road.

EDIT:
I don't know if you got the point of this or not, but I don't do it anymore. The fastest I go now is 80, on a turnpike where that is legal.

remixor

Quote from: MrColossal on Sun 23/11/2003 23:54:38

Well, in that particular case, it was late, I was on an empty freeway with nobody else on the road (except the cop apparently), and I really wanted to get home.    I'm sure as hell not repeating that performance though.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

TheYak

As far as speeding being "something most people don't do"...  anyone who claims that is so full of shit.  The speed limit here is 65.. I normally drive between 65-70 (stupid car shakes strangely at 65.0).  I am often passed by cars going probably about as fast as 90 MPH.  80-85 MPH drivers are quite common when traffic's low.  Perhaps few people speed above 100.  I've been driving for 11 years and have driven in about 20 states in the US..  speeding's common everywhere.  Speeding (especially above 80 mph)is idiocy, sure, I'll agree with that.  However, another common happening is people driving with alcohol in their system.  I'd much rather be in a car with someone driving 85 than with someone who's had "only a couple of beers."

Pumaman

Speeding is not inherantly dangerous, despite what government propoganda would have you believe. In built-up streets in town, yes it generally is dangerous.

But on a motorway/freeway, the roads are designed for high speed, you have good visibility, there are no pedestrians. I tend to cruise at 85-90 mph, and am frequently passed by people going faster; and why not, so long as you're not half-asleep, and your car is in a decent condition, there's nothing dangerous about it.

Speed itself is not dangerous, it's driving at an inappropriate speed for the road conditions which is.

Pessi

I don't think there's much wrong with speeding unless one is putting others in danger.

Just a couple of days ago some youngsters were speeding at nighttime in the middle of the city I live in. They hit each other at a great speed on an intersection and the cars crashed on a building. The drivers didn't get hurt much, nor did the people who were in the backseat. However, there was one guy walking on the sidewalk who was hit by one of the cars in the head.

It's just sad how the one who got hurt was someone who didn't choose to take the risk.

Pumaman

Yeah, it's important to draw the distinction between speeding (exceeding the speed limit) and dangerous driving (running a red light, going faster than your abilities). The latter can and does end in accidents and tragedies.

Paper Carnival

My brother went to the court because he beated a cop (who was beating some poor guy for no reason)! I'm so proud of my brother 8)

LordHart

Heh, I have to agree with you Timosity about speeding being a problem here. Well, not just speeding either in my town.

Friends of mine enjoy driving out to an old abandoned air-strip outside of town, driving around there and then ROLLING their god damned brand new cars... WTF?!? ???

SSH

Quote from: Os Último Quão Queijo ^_^ on Mon 24/11/2003 14:33:51
Friends of mine enjoy driving out to an old abandoned air-strip outside of town,

They are just hoping that they get caught up in a story. "The old abandoned airstrip outside of town" must be one of the calssic cliche settings for genre movies...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk