My christmas gift to my girlfriend

Started by jannar85, Tue 25/11/2003 11:53:38

Previous topic - Next topic

jannar85

Hey,
I just wanted to check if I've missed something, and what you think of this.
I bought her a heart-shaped box. Inside there's a perfume with a pretty good scent. Around the perfume is a necklace. Outside the box will be a sweet, small letter with two ribbons across the box and the letter.

I don't know if it'll be too much, but I want this to be sweet since it's our first Christmas when we're together. (We're not going to celebrate it together, because she's living a bit far away.)

We can’t see each other before January, but anyways… I want your opinion on this gift :)

Thanks.

And I also want to hear what you're planning to give yours?
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Fizz

cheap cherry wine... (internal joke, were both active in the punk enviroment, so... yeah)

about your gift: it all depends on how you are together. of all people, you should know best what shell think of it. my girlfriend would laugh her ass off, but thats just the way we have it. if you think shes going to like it, fuckit. go ahead :)

cheers!

DGMacphee

This might be typical DG cynicism coming through, but isn't it a little risky posting our Christmas gifts on the internet?
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

n00bie

A tangerine, some walnuts and a spinning top, and that's if she's lucky.
Two hundred and seventy four characters remain

SSH

My wife would love that kind of thing, Jannar, but obviously I can't speak for your g/friend. How about a CD with a specially made game for her burned on to it? My wife really loved the games I made for her, despite what others may think of them! Know your target market...!

But then if a gift comes from the heart and has obviously had a lot of thought go into it, there are only two possibilities:

1. She will love it
2. She will want something more expensive, in which case she is a mercenary slapper and you should dump her
;)
If it was a girl giving a gift to a guy, there would be a third option
3. He will be scared off by your over-sentimentality and would get plastic surgery to avoid being stalked.

I hope that my gift to CJ won't hit that third category: I really think that the red lace will suit him...

jannar85

Quote from: SSH on Tue 25/11/2003 13:19:13
My wife would love that kind of thing, Jannar, but obviously I can't speak for your g/friend. How about a CD with a specially made game for her burned on to it? My wife really loved the games I made for her, despite what others may think of them! Know your target market...!
I'm thinking of recording a cd to her (with me singing our favorite songs) on valentines. I think she'll love this gift though, and she's not the type of girl who even want gifts - for not talking about expensive gifts! She's really sweet :)

Btw, a game - no :P
If I give her a game, I'm in serious trouble. Haha - think romantic guys!
Even though your wife loved that game of yours, I'm not that type of guy :)

Quote from: DGMacphee on Tue 25/11/2003 12:56:50
This might be typical DG cynicism coming through, but isn't it a little risky posting our Christmas gifts on the internet?
Maybe, but I'm not going to reveal your Christmas gift :P

Fizz: haha :P That's the two of you  ;)

DGMacphee

jannar, nono, I mean what if your girlfriend surfs the net and accidently stumbles across this thread?

Shit like this can spread like a bushfire: http://www.snopes.com/love/dating/casey.htm
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

earlwood

Add money, the ladies like the money..maybe not

I'm giving a very special person, one of my tonsils.
Or maybe I can give her a 2 year old pear that I keep in my dresser in a mason jar, yea, that'll be sweet.

Goldmund

QuoteFizz: haha  That's the two of you  

If you seriously want our opinion, not just praise, then well...
Think if you really want answers. They will be based on particular person's taste. Is this person your girlfriend? No. Are there people who would laugh at perfume, necklace and letter? Yes.

A matter of taste, or maybe age? I'm laughing like mad when I remember what gifts I bought to my first girl.

Don't worry.

Pumaman

If I had things my way, all gift giving would be banned. It's an expensive and embarassing time for everybody.

Instead, people would be each others' slaves for a day. Or two. And there'd be a shrine to worship and everything. Except they'd be able to make dinner instead to get out of being a slave.

Darth Mandarb

I am sweatin' what to get my girlfriend for Christmas.

So worry not too much ... you're not alone!

I saw her eyeing this ankle bracelette thing the other day when we were at the mall (which was probably her subtle way of saying "I would like this for Christmas" without actually saying it)

I was thinking of making a CD with some of 'our' songs on them and making a custom jacket for it so it's all neat-o looking.

In the end I think most women (as long as they aren't Gold Diggers) want gifts that are sentimental and come from the heart rather than ones that cost a lot.  That's why I actually buy a gift and make a gift for everybody on my Christmas list.

Quintaros

My g/f and I have been together since January so this our first Christmas together.   She says that in previous years all she's ever asked for Christmas was a "Boy in a Box".  

So the question is:  Am I man enough to wear a box to the airport when I go to pick her up Christmas day?

rodekill

I'm with CJ except my version would be no gifts and everyone shuts up for the day. And nude women.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 25/11/2003 22:39:42
In the end I think most women (as long as they aren't Gold Diggers) want gifts that are sentimental and come from the heart rather than ones that cost a lot.  That's why I actually buy a gift and make a gift for everybody on my Christmas list.

You think right. :P

Its pretty much the thought that counts, as in most other things.

TheYak

I gave my ex a self-made certificate that she could cash so that I wouldn't sell her, as a worker, to a coal-mine.  For the ex-stepkids, they got certificates that would enable them not to get kicked in the head.

Seriously though, I typically like to give gifts that can't be bought or reproduced by someone who doesn't know the person as well.  I arrange late-night picnics, carve personal symbolism in wood, paint a portrait and stuff like that.

jannar85

Quote from: DGMacphee on Tue 25/11/2003 14:43:13
jannar, nono, I mean what if your girlfriend surfs the net and accidently stumbles across this thread?
She don't even know about this forum, and these posts don't go google :P
She don't know I'm using a program called AGS :P
...and she don't know about this forum thingy at all!

Quote from: earlwood on Tue 25/11/2003 17:47:27
Add money, the ladies like the money..maybe not
She don't like me spending money on her :)

Quote from: Goldmund on Tue 25/11/2003 21:46:54
If you seriously want our opinion, not just praise, then well...
Think if you really want answers. They will be based on particular person's taste. Is this person your girlfriend? No. Are there people who would laugh at perfume, necklace and letter? Yes.

A matter of taste, or maybe age? I'm laughing like mad when I remember what gifts I bought to my first girl.

Don't worry.
Just wanted another male's thought though :P
I'm not worried :P

Quote from: Pumaman on Tue 25/11/2003 22:30:16
If I had things my way, all gift giving would be banned. It's an expensive and embarassing time for everybody.

Instead, people would be each others' slaves for a day. Or two. And there'd be a shrine to worship and everything. Except they'd be able to make dinner instead to get out of being a slave.

The gift is usually something special, to show how much they mean to us. It don't need to be expensive, as long as the gift comes from our heart.

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 25/11/2003 22:39:42
I am sweatin' what to get my girlfriend for Christmas.

So worry not too much ... you're not alone!

I saw her eyeing this ankle bracelette thing the other day when we were at the mall (which was probably her subtle way of saying "I would like this for Christmas" without actually saying it)

I was thinking of making a CD with some of 'our' songs on them and making a custom jacket for it so it's all neat-o looking.

I'm totally on you on this one! The gifts must come from the heart.
If not, it won't feel a bit special. Good to know I'm not alone :)

Quote from: Quintaros on Wed 26/11/2003 00:04:36
My g/f and I have been together since January so this our first Christmas together.   She says that in previous years all she's ever asked for Christmas was a "Boy in a Box".  

So the question is:  Am I man enough to wear a box to the airport when I go to pick her up Christmas day?
Use your imagination in a fun way :) Be creative :) Be fun :)
A toy (a boy in a box), a poem, or make your own toy in a box!
With a poem called a boy in a box :)

You can google it if you're not a poet ;)

Quote from: OneThinkingGal and ._. on Wed 26/11/2003 02:28:52
You think right. :P

Its pretty much the thought that counts, as in most other things.
Great. Cool.

Quote from: YakSpit on Wed 26/11/2003 05:32:45
Seriously though, I typically like to give gifts that can't be bought or reproduced by someone who doesn't know the person as well.  I arrange late-night picnics, carve personal symbolism in wood, paint a portrait and stuff like that.
Um.. That's what I usually do on other events :P
Like the times we get together :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk