Only the graphic itself in PSP?

Started by Totoro, Tue 25/11/2003 20:30:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Totoro

Hello you most honorable and beloved experts of paint shop pro... let's say I have made the graphics of my characters. its the little man and around him is the pink background. Now I can try to cut him out by hand or by the box, but is there any funktion which allows me to cout out everything except the background in one step, so I could paste it as a new graphic having excact the height of the character I drew?

shbaz

The magic wand will select the entire pink box only, and you can then copy it to clipboard and paste elsewhere, if that's what you're asking.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Totoro

Quote from: shbazjinkens on Tue 25/11/2003 20:39:27
The magic wand will select the entire pink box only, and you can then copy it to clipboard and paste elsewhere, if that's what you're asking.

No, that's exactly not what I mean. I want to copy everything which is NOT pink box :)

Pesty

What you can do is select the pink box, then go up to the Selections drop down. Then go down to Invert, which will select everything but the pink box.

Edit: Also, if the pink is in more spots than what you can just select with one click of the magic wand, you can go up to Selection>Modify>Select Similar, which will pick up all the pink in the picture.

I'm bad at explaining things, but I hope I could help.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Totoro

Quote from: Pestilence on Tue 25/11/2003 21:18:10
What you can do is select the pink box, then go up to the Selections drop down. Then go down to Invert, which will select everything but the pink box.

Thanks, that was just the thing I was looking for :) Thank you so much :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk