It's official, California is moron-central

Started by TheYak, Thu 27/11/2003 03:52:25

Previous topic - Next topic

DGMacphee

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 01/12/2003 00:13:33
"There's only two things in this world I can't stand.  Those who are intolerant of other people and their cultures ... and the Dutch."

Hehehe -- very funny, but the only problem is I'm half Dutch!

You oppressive bastard! ;D
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Haddas

Quote from: DGMacphee on Mon 01/12/2003 04:08:29
Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 01/12/2003 00:13:33
"There's only two things in this world I can't stand.  Those who are intolerant of other people and their cultures ... and the Dutch."

Hehehe -- very funny, but the only problem is I'm half Dutch!

You oppressive bastard! ;D

That's from Austin Powers: Goldmember!!!
DM! You're ORIGINAL!!!1111oneoneone11!!1

Darth Mandarb

QuoteI believe that the AGS community, as a whole, doesn't have too much problem with this particular social ill.
I feel the same way about these forums.  Everybody is pretty tolerant and open minded about culture/religion/sexism/etc.  Which is awesome.

DG - somehow I just knew you'd be Dutch ;D  (I'm part Dutch myself)

Haddas - I put it in quotes 'cause I didn't want people thinking I was claiming the line as my own :)

How's this:
"There's only two things in this world I can't stand. Those who are intolerant of other people and their cultures ... and the Dutch." - Austin Powers' Fazja

AGA

Haddas, shut the fuck up. You've done nothing but post crap since you first joined (try clicking the link to your profile and choosing 'view all posts'...). Unless you have anything worthwhile to say, just shut up.

Esseb

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Sat 29/11/2003 16:15:45
Prediction:
When the aliens invade the planet, and all of human-kind must unite to fight off the alien hordes.  I predict that finally we'll realize how petty and insignificant all this bullshit we've fought over truely is and we'll all realize that every man woman and child on this planet is inherantly the same.  Skin color, religious differences, all that doesn't mean shit when you realize that we're all humans ... end of debate.

We need a race us humans can unite against in order to get rid of racism? Brilliant.

Darth Mandarb

Esseb - I was wondering if anybody would pick up on that.

10 points for you ;D

But the main point I was trying to make would be that human kind needs a greater 'threat' that would cause them to unite.  How about if the aliens were robots?

Everybody hates robots ;)

** DM you discriminatin' ass-hole!!! **  ;D ;D

SSH

Quote from: Esseb on Mon 01/12/2003 16:34:57
Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Sat 29/11/2003 16:15:45
Prediction:
When the aliens invade the planet, and all of human-kind must unite to fight off the alien hordes.  I predict that finally we'll realize how petty and insignificant all this bullshit we've fought over truely is and we'll all realize that every man woman and child on this planet is inherantly the same.  Skin color, religious differences, all that doesn't mean shit when you realize that we're all humans ... end of debate.

We need a race us humans can unite against in order to get rid of racism? Brilliant.

Based on human history, we'd probably obliterate 90% of them and steal most of their planet before realising that they only had peaceful intentions originally, at which point we'd stop taking more, but still wouldn't give back what we had already taken.

Pumaman

QuoteBut the main point I was trying to make would be that human kind needs a greater 'threat' that would cause them to unite. How about if the aliens were robots?

Indeed. The second world war did a lot for women's equality, when many started working for the first time making ammunition because all the men were too busy fighting.

Of course, quite why only the men went out fighting and the women got to stay at home making weapons is another story of discrimination :P

Las Naranjas

I'd say the 1 st World War was more influential in that regard, but it wasn't really work for the first time. Vast numbers of women already worked through sheer economic necessity in the domestic sector and selected areas of others, like Textiles.

The main change the war brought about was necessitating entry into heavier industries and allowing middle class women to have a lark at a clerical job, which ended up having more influence because poor people can work for a long time without it being considered anything, but a rich woman....
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Pumaman

I'm sure you're right, it's been a long time since I did history at school... and it was also the one subject I failed  ;)

AGA

And geography presumably... "Jones, what is Australia's primary export?" "Fosters sir! Lovely Fosters!"

Pumaman

Luckily the geography examiner was a young, dynamic Fosters drinker too.  :P

Goldmund

It's interesting how revolutions can become passe in a pompous and irritating manner.
On my seminar on "body in culture" we've been watching a documentary about a woman who fought for contraception in USA. She smuggled diaphragms in wooden boxes that contained the smuggled rum (it was the period of the prohibition).
At one point there is a scene in the movie when wooden boxes with diaphragms inside float on waves, all this accompanied by extremely lofty piano music and the commentary: "This was when first diaphragms appeared in USA".
It's as if those stupid diaphragms were kind of pilgrims sailing on their rum-box miniature Mayflowers to the New Land.

Joelman

THATS IT! i love being in California, but i'm sick of californians. lol. so i decided I'm taking over the world. so from now on when anyone says somethiong is offensive we shall call them a blatantly racist name and walk away. we wont have to rename stuff, so we wont have to change maps every year. racism will stop because everyone will be like, ok, were different. and deal with it. :^)
lol the people of earth are so going to kill me
Are clones people two?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk