Monthly-ish competition to write an open-source script with the rules set by the previous winner and the winners chosen by a vote. In the C&A forum competition purge, this competition has been officially closed for the time being. It had pretty much ground to a halt, anyway, but did come up with some good stuff while it was going.
There is a theme set, and the standard rules are:
- Must be open-source. We can hardly inspect your coding if we can't see it.
- Must contain instructions for how to add to an existing game, this will obviously be easier if the scripting is done as a module
- Only use of the 3D, TCP/IP and maths plugins are allowed: if you want to use another, say quickly before we finalise the rules. Certainly, no NEW plugins are allowed, this is AGS scripting we're competing at
- Must provide sample game using the fight engine (obviously!)
- Team efforts are allowed, and you're probably expected to get help for sprites, etc from elsewhere.
- As far as possible, entries will be judged on their scripting and gameplay rather than GFX, SFX, music, etc.
- Winner will be decided by 1 week of voting at the end.
- Fight game - won by Babar
- Trading system - won by Ashen
- Custom inventory - won by buloght
- Environmental effects - won by Akumayo
- Classic Arcade game - won by Rocco
- Turn-based game - won by Ashen
- Keyboard control - won by Steve McCrea
- Particle systems - won by Akumayo
- Real-time battle - no entries
- Pull-down menus - "won" by Steve McCrea
- Megademo - won by Akumayo
- Grid-Based Inventory - won by Besh
- Canyon Runner
- by Babar
- Ahmet's Fight Game
- by CoolBlue-Gord10, this was already around but the game met the rules and so was entered.
- Roger fight game
- by SSH
- Alien attack
- by Zor
- Backpack inventory
- by SSH
- Weird Techno Futuristic Inventory GUI
- by Akumayo. Plain inventory & GUI script
- Two character inventory
- by buloght
- Rovendale Tactics RPG
- by Endrews
- Turn based battle
- by Akumayo
- Turn-based fight engine thing template
- by Ashen
- Pull Down Menus
- by Steve McCrea
- [ Grid-based Inventory]
- by Besh